Marner or Draisaitl

Better player

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Conor McDavitt

Oct 17, 2017
Oh ya? Is that why Alex Chiasson and Patrick Maroon all of a sudden became relatively good goal scorers?

Of course he does, McDavid props him up. It’s been beaten to death...Draisatl for long stretches can’t carry a line, it’s why the Oilers have to put him with McDavid. Most competent coaches would spread their offense around if they could....pal.
Both Alex Chiasson and Maroon played with McDavid and either Draisaitl or RNH pal. Those lines would never have consistently worked otherwise pal. Of course playing with McDavid would help anyone, but I would love to see Marner or anyone else have any success driving a line with any of the Oilers depth players pal.

Last edited:

bobbyking

May 29, 2018
Draisaitl is also the better passer and is a smarter player, he also has a physical edge he can turn on at anytime.
Marner is more skilled and is a better skater.

Both are nearly equal players.
only needed to watch 1 game of marner and draisatl definitely does not have better hockey iq It's not even close

Reactions: leafs94

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Both Alex Chiasson and Maroon played with McDavid and either Draisaitl or RNH pal. Those lines would have never worked otherwise pal.

So your telling me that Maron who was a near 30 goal scorer but since leaving McDavid has scored 7 all together benefitted from playing with Drai the same as McDavid?

So why is it when Drai centres his own line and fails...people blame the teammates saying they stink? Yet McDavid plays with castaways and they have career years...hmm.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I take Marner by a hair
With contracts taken into account it's easily Drai.

These 2 are really close together tbh. Anyone that gets their undies in a knot because Drai "Leeches off Mcdavid" is clueless.

Conor McDavitt

Oct 17, 2017
So your telling me that Maron who was a near 30 goal scorer but since leaving McDavid has scored 7 all together benefitted from playing with Drai the same as McDavid?

So why is it when Drai centres his own line and fails...people blame the teammates saying they stink? Yet McDavid plays with castaways and they have career years...hmm.
McDavid almost always has either Draisaitl or RNH on his line, so I have no idea what you are talking about. Whether it is Chiasson or Maroon on the other wing is irrelevant. You talk as if McDavid's line is effective with Maroon or Chiasson, and the other winger being Rattie or Reider. That has never been the case. Those lines have been effective because it had Draisaitl or RNH also on it. McDavid has been playing with Lucic and Rattie the last 2 games, but his points are still coming with Draisaitl. Draisaitl when not playing with McDavid, plays with absolute nothing that no player would be successful playing with.

Comparing Draisaitl and McDavid is stupid to begin with, but the point being that even McDavid has one good offensive player on his line almost every game, but Draisaitl has no one when not with McDavid. No player can be expected to produce quality numbers under those circumstances.

Last edited:

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB

Because Mcdavid is f***ing Mcdavid.

There's no one even close to his skill level rn. Mcdavid can carry those bums, Draisaitl can't.

Draisaitl is no McDavid. But then again theres no one else in the league that's even close to Mcdavid. All your post is addressing is how f***ing good Connor is and how much better he is than anyone else.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
only needed to watch 1 game of marner and draisatl definitely does not have better hockey iq It's not even close

Hockey IQ is a pretty subjective thing to measure. What you're likely referring to is that Marner is more dynamic and creative - which is true.
Draisaitl on the other hand will simply make the correct and smartest play every single time. He reads the game so well. You see him on breakaways , he surprisingly scores more times than not simply by shooting the puck, no deke needed. He's not flashy hes efficient, being from Germany after all it makes sense he plays this way.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton

Lol Maroon had 13 points in 17 games with NJ last season - which is a 63 point pace. That is without McDavid.
Maroon if used effectively is actually a really smart player, his board work is amazing.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Oh ya? Is that why Alex Chiasson and Patrick Maroon all of a sudden became relatively good goal scorers?

Of course he does, McDavid props him up. It’s been beaten to death...Draisatl for long stretches can’t carry a line, it’s why the Oilers have to put him with McDavid. Most competent coaches would spread their offense around if they could....pal.
Doesn't Tavares prop up Marner? Would you say that Marner would have fewer points if he played without Tavares?

Tavares has been involved in 51% of Marner's points.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Because Mcdavid is ****ing Mcdavid.

There's no one even close to his skill level rn. Mcdavid can carry those bums, Draisaitl can't.

Draisaitl is no McDavid. But then again theres no one else in the league that's even close to Mcdavid. All your post is addressing is how ****ing good Connor is and how much better he is than anyone else.

You proved my point though. Drai benefits from playing with McDavid. Drai wouldn’t be putting up the numbers he is...otherwise.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Doesn't Tavares prop up Marner? Would you say that Marner would have fewer points if he played without Tavares?

Tavares has been involved in 51% of Marner's points.

Mitch Marner propped up an average 3rd line centre in Tyler Bozak and JVR the last few seasons. He’s a line driver, has always been. Can you say the same for Draisatl?

bobbyking

May 29, 2018
Lol Maroon had 13 points in 17 games with NJ last season - which is a 63 point pace. That is without McDavid.
Maroon if used effectively is actually a really smart player, his board work is amazing.
Pretty small sampLe size. He has 14 points in 43 games this year

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Doesn't Marner play with John Tavares?

I'm not sure where this "drive his own line" narrative is coming from unless it's a jab at Draisaitl lol.

I'd say it's pretty close between the two, depends on what you need, big center or a more dynamic winger

Their production is similar:
LD: 39 pts in 32 games
MM: 41 pts in 32 games

Yeah, but watch him play. Tavares benefits more from Marner than the other way around. Marner's been Toronto's best player this year, and by a pretty comfortable margin, IMO.

Reactions: HavocWreaker

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Draisaitl is top 3 in goals and top 10 in points. Marner is neither.

Draisaitl spends half of his time with 1 high-end linemate. Marner spends 100% of his time with at least 1 high-end linemate. Draisaitl is on the weaker offensive team, he is bigger, plays center (some of the time- with weak wingers might I add), better defensively, and at this point is guaranteed to be signed for cheaper.

Give me Draisaitl. No slight to Marner, they are both elite players, but if given a choice of the 2 as a foundational franchise player, its easy for me to pick.

Reactions: A91

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis

Draisaitl fails when he centers his own line? I wasn't aware of this, as someone who actually watches the Oilers.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis

"Oh look, another Draisaitl goal that McDavid assisted on. He needs 97 to produce above a 3rd liner pace. Marner, on the other hand, is entirely carrying Tavares. (except when I'm arguing with fans about how Tavares is a top 5C) "-The List of Jericho when watching this video.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
He has been 1/1 in the playoffs.

Draisaitl has proven more than Matthews in the playoffs.

In his one playoff year? That proves nothing. Matthews was great against the Capitals and struggled against the Bruins in a tough matchup. By your reasoning, Letestu proved more than McDavid in the playoffs lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->