Salary Cap: Marner contract discussion XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
One ma'am show lol...funny

but no agree to disagree (you and I seem to do that a lot here hahaha) not to diminish Marner but JT helped drive that line too...wasn't just Marner wasn't just JT...neither one of them accomplish what they did last year without the other one
Marner carried the mail a lot. Marner lead the team in scoring. There is a reason why JT had more goals then assist for the first time as he had someone to carry the mail on his line.

Reactions: rubous

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Yeah. It shows that Tavares scores a bit more goals and significantly less 5v5 points playing with Marner.
But Marner scores significantly more goals and points playing with Tavares.

I mean... unless those stats are just made up, doesn't it put to rest the argument that Tavares was more helped by Marner than the other way around?

Now think about Marner playing with Teravainen and Aho playing with Tavares.
Aho just signed for 8.5x5
Yes, we can agree on that. Tavares elevated Marner quite a bit, and Aho money should be more than fair for Mitch

Reactions: thewave

horner

May 22, 2007
Most successful line in the nhl this year. Somehow mNy of the ones claiming recency bias after last year, cant give up that Marner is an elite forward. Tavares must be an awfully stupid guy to be sold that he will get a 60 point forward as a selling point to come over.
Can Taveras and Marner both be elite or do we have to choose one ?
Or is one elite and the other elite level ight.
Wow

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Marner camp want nearly double the money Pasta got. They want that knowing Marner isn't as good as Pasta

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
speaking of players who drive lines.......

bb538e8e-e9c9-4a4b-841d-ead1b9a17a4f.jpg

0be40a6b-4a13-4a81-8cb6-7368a808bb53.jpg

YES, MITCH IS A 60-70 PT GUY WITHOUT TAVARES. :sarcasm:
What a bunch of bs. Without Marner JT was playing with Kadri and Mathews as it was after a pk. The sample size is a joke.

Mod Edit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ACC1224

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I'm sure I missed a game or tow last year and maybe those were the games where they were seperated but I was under the impression that Tavares and Marner played all 82 games together. Which games were they split up?

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
I'm sure I missed a game or tow last year and maybe those were the games where they were seperated but I was under the impression that Tavares and Marner played all 82 games together. Which games were they split up?
One and a half games when Babs put Marner together with Mathews to get Mathews going.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
Marner carried the mail a lot. Marner lead the team in scoring. There is a reason why JT had more goals then assist for the first time as he had someone to carry the mail on his line.
exactly Marner drove that line it was easy to see that.....

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Can Taveras and Marner both be elite or do we have to choose one ?
Or is one elite and the other elite level ight.
Wow
Ive been a tavares fan always. It doesnt mean that I have to lie and give him a drive the line participation award when it was clearly Marner in the drivers seat.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I wonder if like Matthews, Tavares will ask not to play with Marner?
Kapanen needs a center.

Albi34

Feb 14, 2010
They both complimented each other well. It let JT do what hes good at (shoot) and marner do what hes good at (playmake). Does anyone really believe either one of them would have put up more points without the other? No, so it seems like a useless argument.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Mitch has his charity event next week. Here's hoping that he signs prior to it so it so we can enjoy the rest of the summer and not have to debate whether Mitch needs Tavares more than Tavares needs Mitch.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
JT ran it from start to finish. Worked for his goals and Mitch gave him very few tap in, Mitch does have room for growth though.
you must of forgot the times JT missed a lot of great chances due to Marner setting him up than man is a wizard with the puck, and he sees the game at high iq, he broke up plays transitioned the puck up the ice so many times for scoring chances.... he drove that line imo.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
I wonder if like Matthews, Tavares will ask not to play with Marner?
Kapanen needs a center.
Rumor has it that Tavares hates True brand sticks and the relationship with Marner is strained over it.
Now excuse me as I go get my nails done...

Matthews34

Oct 9, 2009
Uxbridge
Then why did we sign Mathews. If you think Marner had a career season then what was the last 40 games of the previous season. Same production. If he gets more 5 on 5 ice time this season he will get a lot more points. He played a lot of PK time this past season. His career season has not occurred yet!

Here’s why Matthews should make more than Marner. Matthews has scored the 5th most goals in the NHL playing 30 less games than the 4 players in front of him. Those are actually numbers not averages. His G/GP is 0.52 second only to Ovie. That’s why he got the 11.634 million per year. Mitch in that time period is top 5 in nothing. Marner ranks outside the top 10 in any category over the same time period. To top it off most of his assists come on the PP. Matthews is second to McDavid in even strength goals over the last 3 seasons having played 30 less games than McDavid.
Marner isn’t in Matthews class. It’s crazy that Marner thinks he is after having one good season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad