Salary Cap: Marner contract discussion XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Mitch has his charity event next week. Here's hoping that he signs prior to it so it so we can enjoy the rest of the summer and not have to debate whether Mitch needs Tavares more than Tavares needs Mitch.

I have a bag of nickels some used pucks and pair of socks for, i will give to Mitch and Paul so he can Kijiji my socks that Mitch touched, gotta help him get to 12m

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Rumor has it that Tavares hates True brand sticks and the relationship with Marner is strained over it.
Now excuse me as I go get my nails done...

Ok ok, are you guys trolling? I need to know if a group of you guys (The Marner family?) are just trolling us? It's not a joke, it's not funny, just ... Do you really think he is worth more than Matthews?

Goal man gets paid you know

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Here’s why Matthews should make more than Marner. Matthews has scored the 5th most goals in the NHL playing 30 less games than the 4 players in front of him. Those are actually numbers not averages. His G/GP is 0.52 second only to Ovie. That’s why he got the 11.634 million per year. Mitch in that time period is top 5 in nothing. Marner ranks outside the top 10 in any category over the same time period. To top it off most of his assists come on the PP. Matthews is second to McDavid in even strength goals over the last 3 seasons having played 30 less games than McDavid.
Marner isn’t in Matthews class. It’s crazy that Marner thinks he is after having one good season.
You have proven you know very little. Marner had out produced Mathews the past season and a half. If you think most of Marners assists have come on the pp you have removed all doubt that you lack any knowledge of what you post.

I suggest you check out stats before you post nonsense

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
You have proven you know very little. Marner had out produced Mathews the past season and a half. If you think most of Marners assists have come on the pp you have removed all doubt that you lack any knowledge of what you post.

I suggest you check out stats before you post nonsense

He can't shoot the puck 65mph, he scores under 25goals a season. This matters!

ajp4to

Jul 31, 2015
He can't shoot the puck 65mph, he scores under 25goals a season. This matters!
Instead of making those cutesy soft passes, maybe shot the puck for rebounds. It might have helped in the second half and during the playoffs when teams just sat back and covered all his pass options. Every team was playing for him to slide the puck down low and the powerplay became useless. In fact, couldn't wait for the second unit to come out at the end of the season b/c the first was so useless.

Last edited:

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Instead of making those cutusy soft passes, and not shot the puck for rebounds. It might have helped in the second half and during the playoffs when teams just sat back and covered all his pass options. Every team was playing for him to slide the puck down low and the powerplay became useless.

Exactly he is a very telegraphed player. Good teams can contain him because he has one option, pass. Shot is not existent.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Are you kidding with your garage!!! You are a complete moron. Matthews played 14 less games than Marner and still scored 11 more goals than him playing without Tavares level talent on his wings. Matthews got locked up mid season at the amount he wanted but yet Marner is without a deal so who do you think Leafs management deems more valuable???

At the end of day goals are worth than assists because you can have a goal without an assist but can’t have assist without a goal. Matthews has scored more goals playing less games.
Liking this post before it gets deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->