Salary Cap: Marner contract discussion XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

rielledup

Sep 17, 2015
It should be noted in the season when JT had his second best point totals of 86 points, he only had 55 ES points, compared to 69 ES this year with Marner. The only reason he didn't smash his previous career highs this year is because of how little pp time him and Marner averaged compared to the other top players in the league.

Also, when can you think of another example where a great player who is supposedly carrying or inflating a lesser players numbers actually ends up with less points than that player? It never works that way.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
That is a bit of a simplistic explanatuon and one rhat is largely untrue.

That's the truth and anyone who watches games knew that. They have a system that relies on goaltending and they push the pace and try and score on the rush. Basically the same kind of system we had during the Ron Wilson era. They haven't been able to rely on Anderson the last 2 seasons and it shows. So idk how you say that's untrue.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Stop. Please just stop.

I think next season the puck will have a speedo in it. Gonna be funny if Mitch is actually playing for a team so we see how fast he shoots. You're gonna be embarrassed because I am right. Maybe his wrists will be a bit thicker next season though.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
Why is he a clown? Is it because he uses logic to back up his claims? Or is it because he doesn't believe in hot takes? Or is it simply because he doesn't agree with your stance on Marner? Hmm..I think its door number three.

He’s a troll. Been proven many times. Put him on ignore. It is funny laughing at the kid though.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Now they don't want to negotiate through the media?

Unbelievable, they have been in the media for months throwing **** at the wall and now they want the moral high ground of not negotiating through the media

Guess the old offersheet thing didn't work out quite the way they were hoping :laugh:
Dubas called 'em out on their bluff and now they're all left with their pants down confused, wondering what the hell went wrong.

Matthews34

Oct 9, 2009
Uxbridge
Why is he a clown? Is it because he uses logic to back up his claims? Or is it because he doesn't believe in hot takes? Or is it simply because he doesn't agree with your stance on Marner? Hmm..I think its door number three.

Matthews is only a trigger man??? Matthews needs help form no one to score goals. Marner needs players bury his passes to put up assists. Which is likely more sustainable??

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Dubas called 'em out on their bluff and now they're all left with their pants down confused, wondering what the hell went wrong.

It was a high risk strategy, if you don't get those offersheets you really cut your own legs out from under you, they needed and offersheet to get the Matthews contract imo

ajp4to

Jul 31, 2015
What went wrong is no team is stupid enough to overpay Marner and give up assets for the privilege.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
It should be noted in the season when JT had his second best point totals of 86 points, he only had 55 ES points, compared to 69 ES this year with Marner. The only reason he didn't smash his previous career highs this year is because of how little pp time him and Marner averaged compared to the other top players in the league.

Also, when can you think of another example where a great player who is supposedly carrying or inflating a lesser players numbers actually ends up with less points than that player? It never works that way.
Exactly. Quoted for truth

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Now they don't want to negotiate through the media?

Unbelievable, they have been in the media for months throwing **** at the wall and now they want the moral high ground of not negotiating through the media

Guess the old offersheet thing didn't work out quite the way they were hoping :laugh:
I think you must be a little red faced over your tantrums as of late.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Matthews is only a trigger man??? Matthews needs help form no one to score goals. Marner needs players bury his passes to put up assists. Which is likely more sustainable??
Definitely not. That's just a hot take from a huge Marner fan probably. I love both players and hope they're here for the long haul. I'm not pitting them up against each other, but it definitely is clear to me that the Maple Leafs don't view Matthews as a comparable for Marner. I still laugh every time I have to bring it up.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Truth hurts. It explains perfectly the value of Marner. He is a franchise player just some on here would not know or understand that.....yet.

I feel like you didn't even read the article. You just read the headline and when it fit your agenda, and you accepted it as gospel.

If you read the article, it's laughable.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
That's the truth and anyone who watches games knew that. They have a system that relies on goaltending and they push the pace and try and score on the rush. Basically the same kind of system we had during the Ron Wilson era. They haven't been able to rely on Anderson the last 2 seasons and it shows. So idk how you say that's untrue.
I watched games all right and what you are suggesting doesnt square with what I saw against the leafs

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
I feel like you didn't even read the article. You just read the headline and when it fit your agenda, and you accepted it as gospel.

If you read the article, it's laughable.
It is true. I read the article. Or do you not agree with the article. That play maker make players around them better but goal scorers generally do not have the same affect. I have no agenda it is a fact that Marner is a fantastic play maker who plays against the best players in the league and still produced at a fantastic rate.

ajp4to

Jul 31, 2015
You are so right! How much help did he get with the likes of Marleau (old washed up), Kapennan (rookie), John John (also rookie) and Nylander a button hook don't get into traffic give away machine. Yet teams still keyed on Matthews B/C of his amazing talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->