Prospect Info: Marlies/Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
I wonder if Duszak gets some NHL time next year.

He'll be 23, and by that age, you should be getting at least a cup of coffee in the NHL.

Blueboy

Apr 15, 2019
I wonder if Duszak gets some NHL time next year.

He'll be 23, and by that age, you should be getting at least a cup of coffee in the NHL.
He’s producing but he’s an absolute defensive liability. If we get the same level of injuries next year, as this year, maybe.

I feel he’s behind too many guys on the depth chart, plus I believe Dubas will really address defensive depth this offseason.

Growler

May 16, 2018

I'd like him to get a game. One of our underrated prospects all though he has struggled production wise with the Growlers.
@Growler, how has he been with you guys?

He hasn't been too great at all. Takes penalties. Kinda meh. But it can't hurt giving him a little taste. The signing of Bourque and Gendron was to shore up the Growlers defense for the playoffs. We can send Sapego up for now. But it was 911 for a while with call ups and injuries and now a suspension to Melindy. Nevertheless, the Growlers overall defense all year has been really good. These guys are getting coached-up REALLY WELL. I'm just not sure how much upside Sapego may have though.

Randy870624

Oct 27, 2019
He hasn't been too great at all. Takes penalties. Kinda meh. But it can't hurt giving him a little taste. The signing of Bourque and Gendron was to shore up the Growlers defense for the playoffs. We can send Sapego up for now. But it was 911 for a while with call ups and injuries and now a suspension to Melindy. Nevertheless, the Growlers overall defense all year has been really good. These guys are getting coached-up REALLY WELL. I'm just not sure how much upside Sapego may have though.
I’d like to respectfully disagree with your outlook in general on this one..
he just turned 20 to start the season . This is his first pro year . I think he’s been just fine. This is a guy we will have to look at again ina year and a half two years and assess where he’s at. Still very very early to be this critical of a 20 yr old playing his first pro year. Just curious, how many growlers games have you caught this season and do you know what channels I could catch them on. Thanks

Growler

May 16, 2018
I’d like to respectfully disagree with your outlook in general on this one..
he just turned 20 to start the season . This is his first pro year . I think he’s been just fine. This is a guy we will have to look at again ina year and a half two years and assess where he’s at. Still very very early to be this critical of a 20 yr old playing his first pro year. Just curious, how many growlers games have you caught this season and do you know what channels I could catch them on. Thanks

I have watched every single Growler game the past 2 years. I saw the potential in Rubins, Hollowell, Duszak within a few games of them putting on the jersey. I don't see anything in Sapego even remotely approaching those guys. Garrett Johnston is a far better defenseman and I saw it within weeks within weeks of him being called up from the SPHL.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Marlies got hammered again. 7-3.

Joe Woll 27/33, getting the back-to-back starts.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Got my first full look at Abruzzese last night against RPI.

He's one of the smallest prospects i've seen in our system. It's not even that he's short, he looks physically less developed than 2015 Marner with a 12 year old baby face.

Commenters kept raving about him as a superstar freshman and even though his line had an off game, you can tell the elite skill is there. Honestly looks like Johnny Gaudreau with less straight line speed and its no surprise that Harvard boasts one of the best PP's in the nation because it runs through Abruzzese.

A lot of areas in his game need improvement, though. He's many years away. Could see him facing similar problems that Bracco went through.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
He still might be... goalies take time.

I am reserving judgement on him until next year. His good games are really good so I think its more in his head than in his athletic ability. I do believe they need to find another quality young guy to add to him and Scott though. They haven't added a quality tender through the draft since Potvin so they are due.

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
Got my first full look at Abruzzese last night against RPI.

He's one of the smallest prospects i've seen in our system. It's not even that he's short, he looks physically less developed than 2015 Marner with a 12 year old baby face.

Commenters kept raving about him as a superstar freshman and even though his line had an off game, you can tell the elite skill is there. Honestly looks like Johnny Gaudreau with less straight line speed and its no surprise that Harvard boasts one of the best PP's in the nation because it runs through Abruzzese.

A lot of areas in his game need improvement, though. He's many years away. Could see him facing similar problems that Bracco went through.

Thanks for this. Sounds like 4 years of NCAA development is the perfect path for him then.

Reactions: Saint Blue

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Not much Marlies chatter this weekend.
Another loss, 5-4.
Gahagen in goal, 26/31.
Aberg with two goals.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Abruzzese's NCAA season isn't over. He'll at least be playing a best of 3 at home against St. Lawrence next weekend and those statistics will be recorded in his season totals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad