Prospect Info: Marlies/Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Brazeau was one of those Free Agents that I was interested in and was thrilled to see the Leafs sign him.

I know he’s got a long way to go but if he could ever work his way into a 4th line player he would absolutely bring size that we lack.

Really pulling for him to develop...

I know he's got a long ways to go, particularly with his skating... but I think if he can get his skating to a NHL level, he might be more than a 4th line player. He's nearly PPG in his first Pro season, which is a positive... the kid can score, has good hands, and some Hockey IQ. Obviously a ton of size. Hopefully this summer he can continue to work on his skating, and move up to the AHL next year. If he can continue his progress in the AHL, and approach PPG there as a rookie, it would be a great sign.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
I know he's got a long ways to go, particularly with his skating... but I think if he can get his skating to a NHL level, he might be more than a 4th line player. He's nearly PPG in his first Pro season, which is a positive... the kid can score, has good hands, and some Hockey IQ. Obviously a ton of size. Hopefully this summer he can continue to work on his skating, and move up to the AHL next year. If he can continue his progress in the AHL, and approach PPG there as a rookie, it would be a great sign.

His numbers were looking similar to Hudson Elyniuk's from last season but then he seemed to have gotten stronger the second half. Its a steep hill to climb from the ECHL to the bigs but I am looking forward to seeing him take the next step.

Reactions: Keon1963

Growler

May 16, 2018
I haven't watched him for awhile and I wonder if there's a noticeable improvement in his skating as season has progressed

@Growler, has he improved in that area?
Yes, he is slowly coming along working on his defensive game and lugging the puck through the neutral zone. Down low he is elite. He will 100% be ready for the Marlies next year in a top 6 role. On the powerplay in front of the net he is sooo good.

edit: maybe top 9. I expect a lot of turn over with the Marlies next year. Definitely top 9

Last edited:

Growler

May 16, 2018
His numbers were looking similar to Hudson Elyniuk's from last season but then he seemed to have gotten stronger the second half. Its a steep hill to climb from the ECHL to the bigs but I am looking forward to seeing him take the next step.
The difference between Elynuik and Brazeau are quite a bit. Elynuik was always only going to be a candidate for a mean 4th line center type. He always had cement hands. I used to laugh about how many times he missed open nets because the forward talent surrounding him was so good. But he has good instincts, and is mean and big and tough and an agititator who draws penalties. And can skate. But hands of stone.

Brazeau is very different. Huge tough down low, kinda nasty and incredible hands. But a really laborious skater and sloooow first step. But his upside is much higher.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
AHL trade deadline today. Gilman should make more moves if he can.

Read is really the only expendable guy. Probably won't find a guy as good as MacMaster available, and he's not going to touch the ECHL guys. He added defensive depth by trading Archibald and Baptiste so there was not really anything left for him to do besides just shuffling bodies around.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Marlies are likely to lose again today.

Under Keefe/Assistants: 17-6-3

Under Moore: 10-18-2

Is Keefe that good? or does Moore really suck?

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Half the Marlies have graduated to the big club :p
It's just Engvall, Sandin, and Liljegren. They made their forward group significantly better at the deadline too.

All 3 have been great but you wouldn't expect it to nuke the whole team.

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
Are you kidding me?! First Mikheyev, now Korshkov?! These players need to start wearing some wrist guards.
This is just too weird. I often think stuff like this goes beyond coincidence........it gets into that metaphysics side of life that humans can't comprehend.

Hope he's okay.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
What the hell is going on with Bracco? Is he dealing with personal issues or is he just refusing to play due to lack of call up?

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
It's not like Mikheyev and Korshkov didn't have glaring gaps between their gloves and sleeves. Every time I see a player with small gloves and exposed wrists, the dread of a preventable injury pops into my head.

Last edited:

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I will make this defence for Moore. Woll allowing goals like this isn't on him.

Those need to be stopped. Credit to Woll as he had a nice game aside from those goals.

Reactions: aingefan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad