Prospect Info: Marlies/Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
He's actually second on his team in PPG.. but it's close between them.

Interesting to see the hype behind Tyler Madden, who was just the center piece in the Van/LA trade for Toffoli. Madden is just behind Abruzzese in PPG, though a draft year, and school year older than Abruzzese. It's hard to speculate what type of success these NCAA guys will have, but at least it's positive for us, that they have that kind of value.

Abruzzese is 6 months older than Madden.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
He's Offensively gifted no doubt but he needs to work on his defensive game

Until that is sorted he's going to struggle to go up another level
He's already so smooth at the AHL level. He will be a star at that level at least. He's a really good set up man and moves well. He does have some bite too, he plays hard. Hollowell like you were saying is a little meaner. But, I like that they both have that quality. They'll be fun prospects to watch going forward.

Reactions: Kiwi and stickty111

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
He's already so smooth at the AHL level. He will be a star at that level at least. He's a really good set up man and moves well. He does have some bite too, he plays hard. Hollowell like you were saying is a little meaner. But, I like that they both have that quality. They'll be fun prospects to watch going forward.

They are definitely interesting, they both have excellent offensive instincts, vision and skating are also pluses

The big question is can you clean up the defensive games enough to make them worth carrying on a roster? They are willing to use their bodies but they aren't big boys so that's of limited defensive value

I always wondered how truthful the old "you can teach anybody to defend" saying is, these two are interesting case studies

Reactions: stickty111

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
They are definitely interesting, they both have excellent offensive instincts, vision and skating are also pluses

The big question is can you clean up the defensive games enough to make them worth carrying on a roster? They are willing to use their bodies but they aren't big boys so that's of limited defensive value

I always wondered how truthful the old "you can teach anybody to defend" saying is, these two are interesting case studies
I have Lindgren ahead of both and closer to the NHL. Marlies miss his steadiness.

Reactions: Eye Test and Kiwi

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
He's actually second on his team in PPG.. but it's close between them.

Interesting to see the hype behind Tyler Madden, who was just the center piece in the Van/LA trade for Toffoli. Madden is just behind Abruzzese in PPG, though a draft year, and school year older than Abruzzese. It's hard to speculate what type of success these NCAA guys will have, but at least it's positive for us, that they have that kind of value.

I was looking at that as well. Pretty similar by the numbers. Madden's dad is an ex NHLer which is part of it and Vancouver doesn't have any uber prospects so he is their shining star. Maybe a scout would tell us different but I would think Abruzzese could be similar in value. Trade value vs value to the club might be different. Do you deal the prospect for a position of need or do you be grateful that you may have made up for a traded higher pick and keep him? I mentioned Abruzzese as a possible + on a deal for a defenseman. If he is a natural center playing out of position at Harvard they are a bit thin in that area so he wouldn't be my first choice to deal, but you have to give to get and he isn't Sandin, Lily or Robertson.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fogelhund

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
He has been the 2nd best defenceman for the Marlies after Lilly. His defense is underrated.

After watching Lilly and Sandin at the NHL level has your opinion changed about who is the better prospect going forward.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
IMO, Next player on the Marlies to make the Pierre Engvall jump: Hudson Elyniuk.

Might not be for 2 years, but I think there's something where Elyniuk could evolve into the 4th line role in the NHL.

Reactions: RomanianLeafs

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
I guess Bracco's a candidate for one of those "our former good prospect in limbo for your former good prospect in limbo" deals. I wonder if Olli Juolevi's value has dropped enough to make him a consideration for this type of deal? Probably too early for Juolevi. I'm sure a match can be found somewhere in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad