Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
You are probably thinking of me, except you are factually incorrect. I never lumped Kara with O'Connell and especially not Bouthillier. I said Greenway was a prospect worth tracking more than Kara, so if Kara was getting tracked, then Greenway should have been too. I still stand by that sentiment.

O'Connell isn't doing too bad with Ohio State this year either. He's separating himself from the Bouthillier, Herzog, Chebykin, Luchuk and Bobylev tier of prospects himself.
Yeah I have added Greenway to my tracker. Kara i'm not sold on. I have there because he is still a prospect, but there is still many prospects I would take ahead of him. Even guys like O'Connell I like more.
Greenway's main issue is too many penalty minutes, otherwise the kid is a fine player.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Yeah I have added Greenway to my tracker. Kara i'm not sold on. I have there because he is still a prospect, but there is still many prospects I would take ahead of him. Even guys like O'Connell I like more.
Greenway's main issue is too many penalty minutes, otherwise the kid is a fine player.

Well the guy is going to be a bottom 6er. Maybe a Hyman-type if his defensive game is strong enough and his skill is high end to compliment those high end players.

I'd take that out of (essentially) a 5th rounder in a shallow draft every day of the week, but he's joining a long list of middle-tier prospects who are trending extremely well towards becoming at least solid depth players themselves.

Reactions: stickty111

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Any updates on Timothy Liljegren's injury?
Todd thinks it's not too serious. Keefe said he was able to put weight on it, but they are waiting on tests, but that was 3 days ago so not sure what the results said.
Sadly, we will know after the game tomorrow at the earliest.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Who's coming up? Korshkov? Engvall?

We don't believe in that non sense. We like to keep our players down like the good old detroit model. Not like the current Boston model where they bring up kids even if they are 18

We are going to keep playing Shore until he figures out and grinds out the fact he can be an NHLer

And Petan hoping he can re kindle his Junior touch

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Prominence

Ryan Tverberg Fan
Jul 22, 2011
Vancouver
abrussezze 2 assists. Have not seen his goals as i am simultaneously watching leafs game. Skilled guy. Skating could be faster and not sure if he can win puck battles at higher levels. Anyone want to er ahem* know any ways to watch oh.l or ohi.o state universit.y games?

EDIT: Actually his skating is okay, but his chances of making nhl are exponentially increased if he can be explosive in that department. His passes tend to be on point.

Last edited:

horner

May 22, 2007
We don't believe in that non sense. We like to keep our players down like the good old detroit model. Not like the current Boston model where they bring up kids even if they are 18

We are going to keep playing Shore until he figures out and grinds out the fact he can be an NHLer

And Petan hoping he can re kindle his Junior touch
Yes the grt petan on the pp

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
I’m assuming that Shore must be a “gud pro” because there’s no way he should be on this team over Korshkov IMHO.
Agreed but Korshkov has missed a LOT of hockey the last couple years and didn't score much when he did. I don't mind him getting back some offensive mojo on the Marlies and winning instead of playing 4th line scrap minutes on the Leafs and losing all the time

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Great! Another player that will surpass Bracco on our depth chart! ;)
He probably will. Brooks is a legit player.

One of the only prospects in this system with true all-situations ability. He didn't just learn the defensive side of the game over the course of one season, he's been Keefe's go-to workhorse for years now, especially in last year's playoffs.

I think he'll see a call-up this season.

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
Agreed but Korshkov has missed a LOT of hockey the last couple years and didn't score much when he did. I don't mind him getting back some offensive mojo on the Marlies and winning instead of playing 4th line scrap minutes on the Leafs and losing all the time

Even this season Korshkov only has 2 even strength points in 13 games. Tied for 15th on the Marlies.

Reactions: Magic Man
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad