Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Probably MacLean or Davison.

Maybe Babcock. He can teach the Marlies how to be 'gud pros'.
Maclean i'm not a fan of. The Marlies PP's over the years have been inconsistent. Davidson isn't bad but not sure he is ready.
This roster also suits Babcock's vision of a team. Thats the coincidence.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Maclean i'm not a fan of. The Marlies PP's over the years have been inconsistent. Davidson isn't bad but not sure he is ready.
This roster also suits Babcock's vision of a team. Thats the coincidence.

He was/has been in the top 5 for three out of his 5 years. Worst was 17/18 when he was 13th, and then in 2015/2016 he was 10th (and TBH we didn't exactly have the best prospects on the Marlies when he first took over).

Maybe not the best guy in the world, especially since he has zero HC experience at any level, but I'm not disappointed with what he has been able to do. Typically an assistant takes over when an AHL coach moves up midseason, and they usually keep the job permanently.

Reactions: stickty111

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
He was/has been in the top 5 for three out of his 5 years. Worst was 17/18 when he was 13th, and then in 2015/2016 he was 10th (and TBH we didn't exactly have the best prospects on the Marlies when he first took over).

Maybe not the best guy in the world, especially since he has zero HC experience at any level, but I'm not disappointed with what he has been able to do. Typically an assistant takes over when an AHL coach moves up midseason, and they usually keep the job permanently.

Lol, I didn't realize the PP has been that successful. I guess I was going by what I saw, but if the results have been there, then maybe it doesn't matter or I was wrong. You are right that Marlies didn't really have any bluechip prospects at that time except for Nylander.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Why does Mikko Kokkonen only have 0 points in 11 games? Lack of opportunity? Just not playing well? Or both?

Vpiiroi

May 6, 2016
Helsinki
Why does Mikko Kokkonen only have 0 points in 11 games? Lack of opportunity? Just not playing well? Or both?
He also plays in a men's league in a team that is not very good. They have a pretty good coach, so i think he will do well.
He is still a good prospect. He is not in trouble against men, he can be a solid NHL player in the future.

Reactions: hockeynorth

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
I wonder how much more Engvall needs to do to get a look. In my opinion, he could be way more useful than Shore

A lot of people are more useful than Shore. The issue with Engvall, like all of the other better candidates, is that he can't take RH faceoffs. Ironically the only other guy who may be as good or worse than Shore right now is the other one who can do that job (Spezza).

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Marlies trail 2-1 after 1. It would be nice for Hutchison to make a save.

Eh I won't blame him too much. Not a fan of that rebound control on the PP for the 1st goal, but the 2nd goal Schmaltz lost his stick and made it easier for them to get a one-timer. Nobody was going to stop that.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Hamilton just won an 11-10 game in OT against Sudbury today.

Loponen was not in the lineup.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Eh I won't blame him too much. Not a fan of that rebound control on the PP for the 1st goal, but the 2nd goal Schmaltz lost his stick and made it easier for them to get a one-timer. Nobody was going to stop that.
True, but again you'd like to see a good performance for once.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
2 assists for Mac Hollowell so far. Say goodbye to ECHL for good?

He's made some goofs today defensively, so maybe not.

He should get a look for as long as Liljegren and Sandin are out so that may give him a chance to make a good impression.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Big third period from Michael Hutchinson to win the game for the Marlies.

Pierre Engvall is this years breakout player. He will be on the Leafs next year if this keeps up. Korshkov looks great too. Well rounded players. Seeing their success I'm disappointed that Marchment hasn't suited up yet, I thought he'd take a step this year as well.

Brooks is improving each year.

Big hit in the 2nd period by Lindgren was probably the hit of the game. Harpur also fought Mersch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad