Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Once guys like Harpur and Schmaltz were sent down. Ice time for the kids was going to be limited. I think Keefe has done a good job balancing it out. Lindgren is one example.

The defense is not a problem.

Sandin and Liljegren play every day, and Lindgren/Rubins are 97's with at least one usually in the lineup. Our "old guys" are Gravel, Schmaltz, Harpur and Kivihalme, all of which could still have some future usefulness for the Leafs at some point. They usually try to make the defense at least half prospects and half guys with some experience. They are actually doing a good job at keeping guys with usefulness in there at all times... Which is probably why they never used and eventually traded Ryan Johnston.

I think if the Leafs move Marincin, they will call up either Gravel or Schmaltz to be the new #7. At that point, we may see Hollowell or Duszak if they are okay with them playing in a rotation this year. Otherwise, they'll probably call up Kapla or Gudbranson and get someone with a bit more experience.

Forward is likely what people are more concerned about, but at the same time Marchment and Kossila will eventually come back and at best I think Luchuk and Conrad are the only ones worth playing over guys like Read and O'Brien.

Reactions: stickty111

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I guess it is a matter of giving these guys more opportunities vs. playing at a higher level. Would you rather have these guys playing a ton of minutes in the ECHL or playing garbage minutes in the AHL like our 4th line typically does.

I would be aggressive with Luchuk and Conrad right now. Send O'Brien back down and maybe trade Read. Woods, Brazeau, Estephan and Bradley need more time in the ECHL.

Marchment and Kossila have still yet to get into a game. Marchment is still hurt, and Kossila I guess is still getting back up to speed. There will be even fewer opportunities for those lower tier guys to get into the lineup soon.

For the kids with talent I'd like to see more opportunities at the higher level

That's another part of this for me, the AHL team is loaded with guys, Luchuk and Conrad deserve an opportunity, Marchment, Kossila and Brooks will come back from injury at some point, a couple of bodies with the Leafs will need to go down soon

That's a mighty backlog

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
2-2 after 2. Shots were 19-10 for the Rocket, and overall 33-16.
Rocket again the better team.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Friday night game then a 4 hour bus ride then an afternoon game on Saturday. If they manage to hang on to get even a point today, it'll be like a win.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Nice forecheck by Archibald, and feeds Wilson in front of the net. 3-2 Marlies.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Liljegren picks up a PP apple on the Aberg goal.

Lilly's mobility is looking noticeably better this year, particularly his ability to change directions which was sloppy last season.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Liljegren picks up a PP apple on the Aberg goal.

Lilly's mobility is looking noticeably better this year, particularly his ability to change directions which was sloppy last season.

Lateral mobility looks above average, his straight line speed isn't as good though

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Sorry guys, got busy and couldn't watch the rest. Sad to lose a 2 goal lead quick, but probably deserved in the end. Still undefeated in regulation.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
So in a 6-5 game the 1st star is Alex Belzile and his outstanding game of 0 goals, 0 assists, 3 shots and a -1.

He must of had a heck of a game at everything that doesn't show up on a scoresheet.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
So in a 6-5 game the 1st star is Alex Belzile and his outstanding game of 0 goals, 0 assists, 3 shots and a -1.

He must of had a heck of a game at everything that doesn't show up on a scoresheet.

He scored the only shootout goal. Had a decent game, but not first star worthy by any means.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
I thought Liljegren again showed off his offensive creativity tonight. He was dominant in the offensive zone both on the powerplay and at even strength, while continuing his steady defensive play.

I’ve said it before, but his skating is back to elite levels again this year. Looks to have recovered fully from that high ankle sprain, which can sometimes take many months to occur. Sky is the limit for him and he does have that top pairing potential the Leafs desperately need a couple years down the road.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Marlies playing some bad hockey with 52 shots allowed. Only 18 SOG last Sunday against the Crunch. For those who watched both games, what's happening? I am seeing a similar smoke and mirror show in Edmonton and we are loving the points but waiting for some players to start really stepping up before reality sets in. How is the rink being tilted against them? They seem like a pretty deep club but the goalies are working pretty hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad