Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

Lineup changes: Clune, McMaster, Baptiste in up front. Schmaltz and Rubins in on defence
Read, Gaudet, and O'Brien out. Lindgren and Harpur out on defence.
Woll starts

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Marlies score on the PP. 1-0, Korshkov tips it in on the Bracco special. Sandin gets the other assist.

Reactions: Eye Test

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

Lineup changes: Clune, McMaster, Baptiste in up front. Schmaltz and Rubins in on defence
Read, Gaudet, and O'Brien out. Lindgren and Harpur out on defence.
Woll starts

That's quite an odd team, especially up front
I'd like to see more youth on the team developing if I'm being honest

Marlies score on the PP. 1-0, Korshkov tips it in on the Bracco special. Sandin gets the other assist.

Nice to see the young guys get some points

Reactions: hockeynorth

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
9-2 shots for Laval though... Got 7 shots before the Marlies even got one.

Another slow start it looks like. Not a good sign, even though they do recover extremely well.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Sandin gets deked out, and he takes a penalty afterwards. Lilly took an extra hit and wasn't too pleased with that, and he along with a couple others Marlies, including Bracco let that player know.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
9-2 shots for Laval though... Got 7 shots before the Marlies even got one.

Another slow start it looks like. Not a good sign, even though they do recover extremely well.
The shots might say that, but from watching the game, Marlies don't look all that bad. They seem to be skating this time unlike the last few games.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013

At least they are all playing on the 3rd or 4th line. It's not like they are taking away opportunities from the good young players.

Could argue that some of the guys on the ECHL team should be given a chance, but perhaps they would rather get them regular opportunities than be in a rotation. All of those vet guys are rotating in for one another.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
The shots might say that, but from watching the game, Marlies don't look all that bad. They seem to be skating this time unlike the last few games.

Yeah I don't have a stream. I'm just going to watch the highlights after the game again.

Reactions: stickty111

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

Keefe is still in rotation mode. I like that he hasn't put Schmaltz and Harpur in the lineup at the same time much, instead he gives one of those spots to a youngster.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
At least they are all playing on the 3rd or 4th line. It's not like they are taking away opportunities from the good young players.

Could argue that some of the guys on the ECHL team should be given a chance, but perhaps they would rather get them regular opportunities than be in a rotation. All of those vet guys are rotating in for one another.

Every time you drop in a NHL tweener or fill the team full of the Leafs depth it limits development opportunities for the kids

I'd like to see a better balance between development of prospects and being competitive at both levels, I think we have gone to far one way and it's limiting opportunities at the AHL level

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Keefe is still in rotation mode. I like that he hasn't put Schmaltz and Harpur in the lineup at the same time much, instead he gives one of those spots to a youngster.

That teams to old for my liking, the ECHL is developing a lot of our prospects and the AHL line-up is rotating a lot of meh depth players

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Marlies lead 1-0 after 1. Shots were 14-6 for the Rocket. It's fair to say Laval was the better team. They had some good shifts, but I felt Marlies were okay, but they still are too sloppy. They do need to improve their play.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
That teams to old for my liking, the ECHL is developing a lot of our prospects and the AHL line-up is rotating a lot of meh depth players
Once guys like Harpur and Schmaltz were sent down. Ice time for the kids was going to be limited. I think Keefe has done a good job balancing it out. Lindgren is one example.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Once guys like Harpur and Schmaltz were sent down. Ice time for the kids was going to be limited. I think Keefe has done a good job balancing it out. Lindgren is one example.

Funny how you consider Kivihalme and Lindgren as kids, but Harpur isn’t...

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

To limited, we need to move some bodies
It's an issue if your worried about development

Reactions: stickty111

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Every time you drop in a NHL tweener or fill the team full of the Leafs depth it limits development opportunities for the kids

I'd like to see a better balance between development of prospects and being competitive at both levels, I think we have gone to far one way and it's limiting opportunities at the AHL level

I guess it is a matter of giving these guys more opportunities vs. playing at a higher level. Would you rather have these guys playing a ton of minutes in the ECHL or playing garbage minutes in the AHL like our 4th line typically does.

I would be aggressive with Luchuk and Conrad right now. Send O'Brien back down and maybe trade Read. Woods, Brazeau, Estephan and Bradley need more time in the ECHL.

Marchment and Kossila have still yet to get into a game. Marchment is still hurt, and Kossila I guess is still getting back up to speed. There will be even fewer opportunities for those lower tier guys to get into the lineup soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad