Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pylon17

Jan 19, 2017
Saw G Bouthillier play tonight...

Rimouski could’ve won if they played shorthanded, outshot St. John 56-16. Final score 6-1. The 7 best players on the ice were:

D Vincent Martineau Rimouski
Big strong hard hitting defensive RHD.

RW Cedric Pare Rimouski
Lefty on off-wing. Feasted on PP. One-timer is insane, just a bomb of a shot. 2 of his 3 goals were lasers top right corner. If Lafreniere is 6-2 this guy is at least 6-4. He plays RW on Lafreniere’s line ES and PP.

W/C Adam Raska Rimouski
Hard hitting puck hound with skill. Took a cross check to neck with 1 min left, left the game. Scored a goal, drove play, 200 ft game.

D Olivier Desroches St. John
Shut down D was probably SJ’s best player tonight. Scrappy, cross-checked Raska at the end.

G Zachary Bouthillier St. John
Saved 50/56 shots.

D Jeremie Poirier St. John
He can really rush the puck and gain entry but played sloppy with questionable decisions and defensive gaffes.

LW Alexis Lafreniere Rimouski
Stud. Assisted on the first 4 goals. Best player on the ice.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
He's still pretty bad himself. He may put up passable numbers on a great team, but it's not going to be anywhere near enough to have a future in the Leafs' organization.

It seems that the Leafs have already decided to move on from him by bringing in Zhukov. He's not doing that great in the ECHL right now, so if he does not improve the Marlies could be looking at a new AHL contract prospect goalie to provide some extra depth and to potentially groom into something down the line, but I highly doubt it'll be Bouthillier. There are guys like Tristan Cote-Cazenave from Victoriaville, Anthony Popovich from Flint, Dylan Myskiw from London/Edmonton, Cale Morris from Notre Dame or Hunter Shepard from Minnesota-Duluth who are likely better options. Bouthillier likely just goes the CIS route, which is likely what will happen with Cote-Cazenave, Popovich and Myskiw as well.
I'm hoping we can pick up a guy like Stephen Dhillon to compete with Zhukov until Scott comes back. Munson is terrible.

Dhillon carried a couple bad Ice Dogs teams and had pretty good numbers with a full 4 years in the OHL. 6'5" goalie that moves pretty quick. I think Tolledo just picked him up though.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Just watched the last Marlies game. The Crunch were the better team, but the Marlies certainly had chances. They were sloppy with turnovers, and the Crunch forecheck hard. At the same time though, 2 of their goals were fortunate. The first one was just a bad bounce for Woll, and on the 2nd goal, the puck just was out of reach for the Marlies just inside the blueline, and the chance probably doesn't happen if he gets it.

Woll was excellent. His position was solid, and moves around well in the crease. He's the main reason Marlies got a point.

Lilly and Sandin played well. Lilly was beat on one play but was pretty good aside from that. He created a couple chances just with a breakout pass. The highlight was easily the play on the Marlies 1st goal. I didn't realize how much he fooled the goalie on the hesitation all though the screen played a part too, he then sends a perfect pass to Aberg who had a wide open cage. By the time the goalie went across, the puck was pretty much in.
After not being happy about Sandin's play a few games ago, he has responded well. He works well on the PP, and is extremely calm with the puck. He moved the puck and made the right decisions. It seemed like he and Lilly were table to deal with the pressure put on by the Crunch. Lindgren was decent too.
I didn't like the way Sandin played the OT game winner though. He let Smith play with the puck and he ended the game by making a nice move. All Sandin had to do was a pokecheck and the play dies, but was too conservative there. It's a minor mistake, but the Crunch won it as a result. I'd like Woll to stop that shot, but it's forgivable, as he was tremendous in the rest of the game.
Marlies really need to play better as a team though. They can't play this way and expect to win. The defensive play needs to be cleaned up.
Keefe was clearly not happy with the officiating in the game too. Just before the 2nd ended, he was screaming at the referee. Then after the period ended, and with almost the entire Marlies bench gone, he stood there complaining to the referee about something.

Last edited:

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
That’s it he’s out. No fun. I don’t want to see a god damn smile until someone raises that cup.
To be fair, it is with the Marlies and they have raised the only cup they were eligible to raise.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

Lineup changes: Petan immediately inserted back into the lineup. Read also back in. Kivihalme and Gravel in on defence
Schmaltz, Rubins are out on defence, and McMaster, Baptiste out up front.
Kask to start.
Pretty clear Lindgren has won a full time spot on defence.

Reactions: Eye Test

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

Lineup changes: Petan immediately inserted back into the lineup. Read also back in. Kivihalme and Gravel in on defence
Schmaltz, Rubins are out on defence, and McMaster, Baptiste out up front.
Kask to start.
Pretty clear Lindgren has won a full time spot on defence.

I like Petan getting in immediately. Too many old guys at forward though... Wouldn't mind O'Brien getting swapped out with one of the younger guys in the ECHL.

EDIT: Petan just scored too. Early dividends :D

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
I like Petan getting in immediately. Too many old guys at forward though... Wouldn't mind O'Brien getting swapped out with one of the younger guys in the ECHL.

EDIT: Petan just scored too. Early dividends :D
Surprised not to see Conrad with the Marlies at least

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Marlies trail 2-1 after 1. Another terrible period for the Marlies.

I am not watching the game, but it seems like PK has not been good and there were two stretches early where they were hemmed in. I wonder if it was the same group hemmed in there.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I am not watching the game, but it seems like PK has not been good and there were two stretches early where they were hemmed in. I wonder if it was the same group hemmed in there.
The entire team has refused to show up today

Prominence

Ryan Tverberg Fan
Jul 22, 2011
Vancouver
Abbrusseze (his name is too hard to spell) just got an assist. He plays on a line with jack drury as an f3. Does not seem to stand out. Saw him do a break out pass earlier and a spin pass that did not connect.

Abbruzzese cross seam pass to jack drury for a one timer. 2nd assist. This play is much nicer.

Also plays on a pp unit.

Last edited:

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Well for a team that started out slow, they definitely did not finish slow. 4 goals, 19 shots in the 3rd period.

Belleville has 2 shots.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Abbrusseze (his name is too hard to spell) just got an assist. He plays on a line with jack drury as an f3. Does not seem to stand out. Saw him do a break out pass earlier and a spin pass that did not connect.

Abbruzzese cross seam pass to jack drury for a one timer. 2nd assist. This play is much nicer.

Also plays on a pp unit.

Did you see Ryan Siedem at all? #22 for Harvard? He went undrafted but he's someone worth looking at for in the 2020 NHL draft. Could be one of the better D+1's out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad