Prospect Info: Marlies/Prospects Thread - Who ordered a taxi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
Marner used to fall all the time too when he first started playing in the nhl. Robertson will be fine.
Ya he definitely did. But there is a very noticeable amount of times where Nick just loses an edge without any contact. Mitch did not have that problem early on. Of course it still happened here and there, but it happens 3-4 times a game for Nick. This will improve over time. I am very confident on this. But it most certainly is a weakness ATM. Aside from that, he's actually looked really good IMO. He very rarely seems flustered by the pace of the pro game. He has his moments where he tries something that he shouldn't. but more often than not he seems quite comfortable playing at the AHL level. If he could improve his on the puck strength he'd be in the NHL no question, the talent is very clearly there. Still very high on Nick as a prospective top-6 forward. I'm 99% confident he was either the youngest or close to the youngest in the 2019 draft class. So when you track his development alongside 2020 1st OA Alexis Lafreniere who is exactly 1 month younger than Nick, you can see that Nick is very much on track to becoming a very high impact player. Lots to learn, and lots to improve. But he is still a very very promising young player

Reactions: Jeypic

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
What’s going on with the Marlies. Is this guy coaching any good or not. Losing started as soon as he arrived coincidentally.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
What’s going on with the Marlies. Is this guy coaching any good or not. Losing started as soon as he arrived coincidentally.

The coach is terrible.

But, the team isn't that good either, but it would be better, with a better coach. Hopefully he is replaced this offseason.

Reactions: Atomos2

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I’m going to watch tomorrow’s game and see what’s going on. This season is screwed for them.

There was no season for them anyways. No playoffs, nothing to win. It's more about developing, which is why the Marlies' lineup is mostly consisting of guys with upside and potential. It just so happens that most of them suck and lack upside + potential.

The Marlies had their weaknesses but still looked like a playoff team under Keefe last year. Moore turned that playoff team into the worst team in the league and it took him no time to do so. As soon as he took over they went on a massive losing streak.

5-13-2 in his first 20 games with the Marlies. 11-22-2 overall last season.

10-2-3 under Keefe until he left.

7-5-0 under the assistant coaches and they had a 3 game losing streak at the end of that.

So 17-7-3 without Moore vs. 11-22-2 with Moore.

10-13-1 this year in a bad division too. With the talent we have we should be lapping a lot of these teams. Moore has taken us from powerhouse to absolute joke and it hasn't even been a full season yet.

Last edited:

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
There was no season for them anyways. No playoffs, nothing to win. It's more about developing, which is why the Marlies' lineup is mostly consisting of guys with upside and potential. It just so happens that most of them suck and lack upside + potential.

The Marlies had their weaknesses but still looked like a playoff team under Keefe last year. Moore turned that playoff team into the worst team in the league and it took him no time to do so. As soon as he took over they went on a massive losing streak.
Yeah exactly they started losing right away with that guy. Thats not the environment management will continue to put up with. Winning environments in development is the way they like to roll.

Kind of difficult to change a coach in covid is saving his butt i suppose. I’m going to have a watch tomorrow for sure. Robertson is getting off pace of point per game and that’s not good. He’s the best forward prospect there and i really want to start watching how Moore is using him and how much responsibility he is relying on him for etc. It better be lots I’m thinking. I don’t like watching the Marlies losing but i kind of have to see why for myself:)

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
I care less about the results vs. the development of our top prospects TBH. I don't understand some of the lineup decisions TBH. Like he had Calle Rosen on PP1 in place of Timothy Liljegren for a large stretch of time. I'll never understand why that is good for the Marlies, or Timmy's development. And he's running Petan, Kossila and Agistino like the Matthews and Marner of the Marlies and giving secondary looks to Robertson, Anderson, SDA. I have no problem with them losing, I just think it's time to develop our players with the Marlies in the same roles that they'd potentially play in the big leagues. Calle Rosen should never be playing over Timmy. Ever. I don't care if he thinks its best for the Marlies in that given game. This is about developing the Maple Leafs prospects. Not to mention there are zero scenario's where Calle Rosen gives you a better shot at winning over Timmy. Just questionable decision making all around

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I care less about the results vs. the development of our top prospects TBH. I don't understand some of the lineup decisions TBH. Like he had Calle Rosen on PP1 in place of Timothy Liljegren for a large stretch of time. I'll never understand why that is good for the Marlies, or Timmy's development. And he's running Petan, Kossila and Agistino like the Matthews and Marner of the Marlies and giving secondary looks to Robertson, Anderson, SDA. I have no problem with them losing, I just think it's time to develop our players with the Marlies in the same roles that they'd potentially play in the big leagues. Calle Rosen should never be playing over Timmy. Ever. I don't care if he thinks its best for the Marlies in that given game. This is about developing the Maple Leafs prospects. Not to mention there are zero scenario's where Calle Rosen gives you a better shot at winning over Timmy. Just questionable decision making all around
Oh ok yeah i get ya. Doesn’t sound like he has two clues to rub together. Wow thanks TT

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014

5-13-2 in his first 20 games with the Marlies. 11-22-2 overall last season.

10-2-3 under Keefe until he left.

7-5-0 under the assistant coaches and they had a 3 game losing streak at the end of that.

So 17-7-3 without Moore vs. 11-22-2 with Moore.

10-13-1 this year in a bad division too. With the talent we have we should be lapping a lot of these teams. Moore has taken us from powerhouse to absolute joke and it hasn't even been a full season yet.
Yeah wow. That’s something that needs to be taken care. We have a higher standard i though. Actually I believe we/they do. Thats not acceptable. Fire his arse already. Covid is keeping him in a job i guess.

I was going to say thanks S.O.B for SeaOfBlue.I think I’ll stick to your full username :). Thanks for the numbers

Last edited:
Reactions: SeaOfBlue

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
Holmberg scores game tying goal; Vaxjo wins game 2 and is up 2-0 in SHL Finals.

9 points in 11 games for Holmberg.
Jeez there might be a player there. He had a strong finish to the end of his year as well. he had 13 points in his final 19 games to end the year from what I can see on the Vaxjo team site. Which has put him at 22pts in last 30 games in a very good league. Pretty good for a 22 year old to produce like that in the SweHL

any swedes on here that can give an assessment on his play of late?

Reactions: Lil Tuzzi Bert

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Welp looks like Woll is going to need to make 55 saves today to win the game.

Literally the only reason why this is not a blowout right now.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Welp looks like Woll is going to need to make 55 saves today to win the game.

Literally the only reason why this is not a blowout right now.
Shots are 26-6 for Laval in the 2nd.
I guess Moore's logic is I can't do anything right, so lets play Carlyle hockey and see if it works.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Where the hell is Aminov why isnt he Playing

He needs to get his visa first then he comes over and quarantines 2wks. I don’t really know where that would be in the process but the visa probably takes at least a couple weeks, and they’d start the process after he signed the contract.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Shots are 26-6 for Laval in the 2nd.
I guess Moore's logic is I can't do anything right, so lets play Carlyle hockey and see if it works.

Fairly sure not having any kind of basic structure is not part of the plan, but here we are.

Reactions: stickty111
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad