Prospect Info: Marlies/Prospects Thread - Who ordered a taxi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
I like the fact he was able to fight for positioning and get open at the right time. That is a gift not all skilled players can do.
I was definitely impressed with his compete level at the WJC. Personally it was something I was unaware was part of his game. He wasn't necessarily physically engaged all the time, but never seemed to give up on a play or a game. In the semi's against Canada for example, he was the only one on Russia that showed any push back IMO. The rest of the team, including Amirov, had poopy diaper's after Canada took the early 1st period lead. Mikhail scored a goal in the 2nd that was later called back by a ticky tacky offside that had no impact on the play. I had been impressed with his play leading up to that semi final game, but I really took notice when he was maybe the only bright spot for Russia in that disastrous game. Leading up to the tourney I thought he was just a stereotypical skilled forward with no battle. He changed that opinion for me really quick. Very noticeable in every game IMO

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
The Marlies should be interesting in a few years, Leafs have traded away A LOT of picks. They will have to rely more on undrafted College and undrafted European players to keep filling the pipeline.

2021 we have a 2nd rounder, a 5th rounder and a conditional 6th that we wont lose.
2022 we have a 1st rounder, a 2nd rounder and a conditional 6th that we may lose.

The 12 picks from last years draft are going to be important for the pipelines too. Luckily there have been some standouts following their D+1 year:

Hirvonen, Niemela, Miettinen, Rindell

Let's hope we see some more progress in the D+2 years next year.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
The 12 picks from last years draft are going to be important for the pipelines too. Luckily there have been some standouts following their D+1 year:

Hirvonen, Niemela, Miettinen, Rindell

Let's hope we see some more progress in the D+2 years next year.

Good point, they kind of did 2 drafts last year.

Reactions: Twine Tickler

Thornbury

Dec 29, 2019
Good point, they kind of did 2 drafts last year.
Yes, esp when you add in the two Russians from last year, centre Ovch and goalie Art (can't for the life of me remember how to spell their names), dman Villeneuve, and Hallander and Holmberg. Lots of lottery tickets with decent chance a number will cash in, and keep the pipeline to the Marlies well stocked for 2-3 years.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011

Leafs still haven’t used any of their 2 recalls since the tdl (note: Taxi Squad to NHL is considered a limited regular recall). Hopefully they save one to get Robertson back to the NHL roster before the end of the Marlies’ season.

On that note, when would we expect the Marlies’ season to end? Are they qualifying for playoffs if they finish 3rd in the Canadian division?

Last edited:

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Leafs still haven’t used any of their 2 recalls since the tdl (note: Taxi Squad to NHL is considered a limited regular recall). Hopefully they save one to get Robertson back to the NHL roster before the end of the Marlies’ season.

On that note, when would we expect the Marlies’ season to end? Are they qualifying for playoffs if they finish 3rd in the Canadian division?
There will be no AHL playoffs, so their last game is simply their season end

Reactions: BoredBrandonPridham

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
The Marlies should be interesting in a few years, Leafs have traded away A LOT of picks. They will have to rely more on undrafted College and undrafted European players to keep filling the pipeline.

2021 we have a 2nd rounder, a 5th rounder and a conditional 6th that we wont lose.
2022 we have a 1st rounder, a 2nd rounder and a conditional 6th that we may lose.

We still may lose some 2021 picks
Maybe Dubas tags our 2nd rounder with Kerfoot or Engvall to Seattle to not take Dermott. I really hope Kerfoot finishes strong and has some appeal.
Dubas can accomplish a lot with that $3.5 mill in the bargain bin.

Reactions: uncleben

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Maybe Dubas tags our 2nd rounder with Kerfoot or Engvall to Seattle to not take Dermott. I really hope Kerfoot finishes strong and has some appeal.
I would imagine Kerfoot will be traded in the offseason for picks coming in. Dubas will want to have his scouts have some picks to make. Highly doubt we go in with 3 picks. Wouldn't be surprised if we traded back on our 2nd rounder to gather more picks as well.

Seattle is realistically taking Holl if we leave him exposed. A top 4 D on a 2 mill AAV. If not Holl, Dermott.

Reactions: Twine Tickler

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

If the Leafs really wanted to protect Dermott, they'd just protect him over Holl. If they take Holl, we can replace him internally or through UFA and then we can move Kerfoot for a pick for the salary relief. If they take Kerfoot, our defense is pretty much set with what we already have.

Leafs can move Engvall for a mid-round pick. Same with Malgin. Then we just go bargain bin hunting or hopefully pick up Okulov.

They are definitely not paying a 2nd for Seattle to take the guy they should be taking anyways (Kerfoot). Not when we already don't have many picks the next two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad