Prospect Info: Marlies/Prospects Thread - Who ordered a taxi?

Discussion in 'Toronto Maple Leafs' started by uncleben, Apr 18, 2021.

1. stickty111 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000

Nice pass by Robertson. No reaction by him though which might tell where the mental level is to play for this team under this clueless coach.

2. LaPlante94 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    If Habs fans watched this Marlies games now they know what it was like when Price was at his best and he stole games from us.

3. stickty111 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Marlies win. Woll should get 5 wins for this game alone.

4. SeaOfBlue The Passion That Unites Us All

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Woll just stole the Marlies 2 points today. 57 saves.

Boosted his save percentage from .878 to .895.

EDIT: This team is a joke and should not be happy with this win. Laval should have scored 10 goals today.

5. domiwroze Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    From Habs fans that just watched the whole thing. This shit hurts like a bitch. Damn i'm so sorry, I didn't know.

meng666 likes this.
  6. stickty111 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I can't evaluate this team until a different coach. It's not a great roster but nowhere close to worst in the league.

7. stickty111 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Also Kokkonen 1st AHL point

8. SeaOfBlue The Passion That Unites Us All

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    The offense is more than fine. The goaltending (Woll/Vehvilainen) would be fine too with a solid defense. The defense is a bit of a mess that needs more defensively capable guys but hardly anything that should prevent us from being a playoff team. We probably won't win a Cup without a few key upgrades or guys outperforming what they've shown to this point but we aren't even getting close to what they should be bringing on a regular basis.

Gilman will probably try harder to fix the roster in a proper season. This year was a year to try out the AHL contracts and some other guys since winning did not matter. However Moore has proven he not only can't enhance the roster, but also actively stifles it with whatever he is doing.

stickty111 likes this.
  9. SeaOfBlue The Passion That Unites Us All

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Hoefenmayer got his first AHL goal too.

stickty111 and uncleben like this.
  10. nobody Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Justin Woll ladies and gentlemen. The guy sets a Marlies save record and this is what he gets. :facepalm::facepalm:

upload_2021-5-4_22-44-55.png

Mitch nylander and stickty111 like this.
  11. Marshy Behind Enemy Lines

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    IT

Also goes by Joseph Holl I hear.

12. Prominence Ryan Tverberg Fan

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Unemployed
    Some horrible speculation that i’ve been harboring for some time:

I think the reason jack han stepped down from marlies assistant coach role was because he knew ryan moore was going to be a trainwreck. I thought it was weird that jack han suddenly stepped down from his role with the marlies. He was moving up the ranks in he marlies organization extremely quickly and for him not to be sour about the leafs is kind of odd. Also, he’s never mentioned the current marlies coach or gilman by name, but i believe has praised sheldon keefe.

hockeynorth and stickty111 like this.
  13. stickty111 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    It's certainly possible. There was a real chance he could have been an assistant coach with the big coach pretty soon. Yes Han has consistently praised Keefe.

14. aingefan Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Pretty happy for Woll. He needed a big game, and that was a ridiculously good one.
    One of he or Scott emerging is probably the most impactful development on that team for the Leafs, after the top three.

15. Maplebeasts I See Demons!!!!!

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Put me in the camp that wants Snowden promoted to replace Moore. He was magnificent for the Growlers last season.

16. leafsfan2point0 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Moore needs to go

stickty111 likes this.
  17. Fogelhund Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 36,610
    Some names for the Marlies Karl Taylor, John Stevens, Rikard Gronberg.

18. stickty111 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    If the Marlies go external then possibly those are options, but I think Snowden has the upper hand.

TheGoldenJet likes this.
  19. Super Mega Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    That Marlies game was fun, Suomela looks like a nice AHL player, Woll was fantastic.

Outside of Rosen and Kivalhalme Marlies are brutal at D. Marincin should be below them on the depth chart honestly.

20. SeaOfBlue The Passion That Unites Us All

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Marincin is easily the best defenseman (at defending at least) on that roster right now. Kivihalme is not good defensively and Rosen is solid but should hardly be a guy who babysits some of the subpar defensive players that exist on the Marlies defense right now. Marincin is literally the only guy who the Leafs should be comfortable putting Hollowell, Duszak, Kivihalme, and Hoefenmayer with and not having to heavily shelter the pairing. Rosen can probably handle playing with guys like Kral and Kokkonen because they are at least decent defensively.

uncleben likes this.
  21. PuckLife Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Chiming in here to say Sandin all day!

22. SeaOfBlue The Passion That Unites Us All

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I don't think Brooks is quite in that range yet, and while I think he competes with a guy like Kirill Semyonov for an NHL job, I think he ends up as the Marlies 1C and a primary call up next year. He may end up in a full time role at some point, but I don't think he earns a full time job. I think people have to expect a similar regression as what happened with Travis Boyd eventually. I ultimately see him as a AAAA guy like McKegg and Carrick as well, and while I think he could ultimately fill in for ~30 games if we ever need him, I don't think he is a guy you put in your opening night top 12 by choice. We will see if he can exceed that potential.

For Sandin, I think he at least starts in the AHL and then maybe gets in later on in the year. However, it really depends on expansion. I think if a spot goes to a young guy, Liljegren gets first dibs because he is a RD and I think he is more capable of filling a defensive role (which is like the spot opening up with Bogosian either becoming a #7 or moving on) than Sandin at this point. However if the Leafs end up moving Dermott (or he is taken in expansion), then you can probably replace Sandin with some UFA depth defenseman on the AHL roster and likely see Sandin on the bottom pairing.

With Rubins it is mostly just a numbers game, similar to Kivihalme (who I have us trading as well). He does not possess a noticeable offensive game and his defensive game is far too raw at his age to make up for it (he just turned 23). I like him as a depth option, much like he was last year, but we have Kral in that spot who should be given the main reps plus Hoefenmayer, McCourt, and possibly Sapego right behind Kral on the depth chart. All three are 1+ years younger than him and have more offensive upside at the very least.

If we are running with Duszak and Hollowell at RD, we need better defensive guys than Rubins and Kivihalme in our top 4 as LD (especially since those guys will also be the primary NHL call ups) so they are on the outside looking in. I have the Leafs having Sandin and Marincin as their main LD depth and our #7 defenseman (Bogosian or some other UFA) and the new top pairing RD AHL veteran as our main RD depth for the Leafs. Hollowell is given a sink or swim year on the 2nd pairing with arguably the best partner he is ever going to get in the AHL (Marincin). If he sucks again, I would non-tender him and turn to Rindell, Niemela, and Villeneuve (which may happen anyways). Kral-Duszak is a high offensive upside pairing which may need to be sheltered defensively depending on how well they develop their defensive games. There is some upside in that pairing and both could surprise and rise up the ranks. Duszak's defensive game took the leaps I expected Hollowell to take and Kral already had a fairly solid game and knows how to work with guys like Duszak (he often played with Ty Smith in Spokane).