Prospect Info: Marlies/Prospects Thread - Who ordered a taxi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Future #1 prospect Knies dumping a Finn into the bench:

Hirvonen injuring Sanderson with a cross-check in front of the net:

Reactions: Magic Man

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
Hirvonen with his 2nd hattrick in 5 games lol
this seems to be a bit of a statistical outlier no? I mean obviously that level of production is crazy for even the most elite of prospects, but I personally have never pegged Hirvonen as much of a finisher. I always saw him as a Gallagher type player from what I have seen of him. Nonetheless, I am happy he is getting rewarded on the scoresheet, he always seemed to work for his bounces. Very intriguing prospect. I see NHL potential, I just don't know how big quite yet.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
this seems to be a bit of a statistical outlier no? I mean obviously that level of production is crazy for even the most elite of prospects, but I personally have never pegged Hirvonen as much of a finisher. I always saw him as a Gallagher type player from what I have seen of him. Nonetheless, I am happy he is getting rewarded on the scoresheet, he always seemed to work for his bounces. Very intriguing prospect. I see NHL potential, I just don't know how big quite yet.

Gallagher is a good goal scorer though, haven't been checking out the clips, but I am assuming Hirvonen is scoring from in tight like Gallagher does, to me that is still a finisher, just a different type compared to the Matthews of the world (although he does put in a lot in tight too).

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
He has scored in a variety of ways, including good shots from distance. 6 goals in 5 games is unusual, but he's definitely talented and has a knack for getting to scoring areas

Reactions: stickty111

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
Gallagher is a good goal scorer though, haven't been checking out the clips, but I am assuming Hirvonen is scoring from in tight like Gallagher does, to me that is still a finisher, just a different type compared to the Matthews of the world (although he does put in a lot in tight too).
ya of course. I think he is really starting to develop his offensive side of his game. I think he ended the season relatively hot in the SM-Liga as well. Really excited to see if he can take the next step, and he is all but a sure bet to be on team finland next WJC with Veeti and Topi. I am going to be glued to Finland games

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

I like that one a lot better than the other two OHL invites. Kressler is small, but that is his only weakness. Definitely would have been drafted if he was a little bit bigger than 5'8"/5'9" frame.

Not sure he gets into ELC territory, but I like his chances better than anyone except for Rochette at this point.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
The crosscheck to sanderson looks more like a dive. He has momentum backing up and all it took was a crosscheck from a guy who’s 5’10 to get him to land on his face?

The thing that you're failing to consider is that D-men are only expected to GIVE kidney shots in front of the net, being on the receiving end just isn't fair play.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
The crosscheck to sanderson looks more like a dive. He has momentum backing up and all it took was a crosscheck from a guy who’s 5’10 to get him to land on his face?

100% a dive. He hardly even shoved Sanderson. Either Sanderson really caught an edge or he was doing a terrible sell job that the refs stupidly bought.

That is well within his right of doing as a guy in front of the net. Nothing there was worth a penalty except that dive.

Prominence

Ryan Tverberg Fan
Jul 22, 2011
Vancouver
Didn't get to watch Knies too much because USHL is nearly impossible to watch without paying, but man he's so much better than I thought. Bodes pretty well for his WJC chances if he's playing in the final minutes down a goal.
No it’s not. The secret site has ushl games…after the halfway mark of the season. It’s how i grew to dislike the ushl picks from 2020.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
so just spit balling here assuming this is the Leafs roster and Engvall is traded:

Bunting - Matthews - Marner
Ritchie - Tavares - Nylander
Mikheyev - Kerfoot - Kase
Simmonds - Kampf - Spezza
Semyonov

Rielly - Brodie
Muzzin - Holl
Sandin - Dermott

Campbell
Mrazek

-----

The Marlies should look something like:

Robertson - SDA - Gogolev
Holmberg - Brooks - J. Anderson
Kopacka - Abramov - Amadio
Seney - Steeves - Gabriel
McKenna/Suomela

Kral - Liljegren
Dahlstrom - Menell
Rubins - Hollowell
Kivihalme/Biega

Woll
Hutchinson
Scott

That'd be a pretty fun team to watch

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
so just spit balling here assuming this is the Leafs roster and Engvall is traded:

Semyonov

Rielly - Brodie
Muzzin - Holl
Sandin - Dermott

Campbell
Mrazek

-----

McKenna/Suomela

Kral - Liljegren
Dahlstrom - Menell
Rubins - Hollowell
Kivihalme/Biega

Woll
Hutchinson
Scott

Holmberg is staying in the SHL.

There is no Duszak in there either.

Reactions: hockeynorth

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
Don’t think Liljegren will be with marlies. It’s either Leafs or traded.

marlies should have a more interesting team to keep an eye on this year.

can’t wait to see some of our finish dman come over to the AHL.

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020

Semyonov

Rielly - Brodie
Muzzin - Holl
Sandin - Dermott

Campbell
Mrazek

-----

McKenna/Suomela

Kral - Liljegren
Dahlstrom - Menell
Rubins - Hollowell
Kivihalme/Biega

Woll
Hutchinson
Scott

Thought I read that the Marlies re-signed Rourke Chartier. Is that not the case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig