Prospect Info: Marlies/Prospects Thread - It's finally puckdrop, baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I don't think there have been disappointments besides that Kivihalme-Hollowell pairing thus far. They have made far too many defensive mistakes and while Kivihalme has had a few nice offensive plays, he is like a worse version of Rosen. Hollowell is worse, and hasn't done anything offensively.

All of the young guys who have played thus far look like they can do well in the AHL except for maybe Stevenson and Trott. They look like they need a year or two in the ECHL but they've only played limited minutes on the 4th line thus far and that is nothing unexpected.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Liljegren is ready. He is the Marlies best player and I don't think it's close. Forget top 4 as his upside I see a potential #1 if his game translates.
At this point he's controlling the game at the AHL level like Josi does at the NHL level.

strapping him to Muzzin for a few weeks would really help his confidence translate imo. If he keeps playing like this you almost have to give him a few looks in place of Bogosian.

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
I don't think there have been disappointments besides that Kivihalme-Hollowell pairing thus far. They have made far too many defensive mistakes and while Kivihalme has had a few nice offensive plays, he is like a worse version of Rosen. Hollowell is worse, and hasn't done anything offensively.

All of the young guys who have played thus far look like they can do well in the AHL except for maybe Stevenson and Trott. They look like they need a year or two in the ECHL but they've only played limited minutes on the 4th line thus far and that is nothing unexpected.
Thats disappointing considering he was doing well in Europe

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Thats disappointing considering he was doing well in Europe

He was a 22 year old in Mestis, so it is not surprising. It would be more concerning if he wasn't doing well at that level.

At this point Hollowell may be in the running for the worst player on the Marlies. Duszak has taken strides to improve his defensive game (still not amazing, but good enough to not look like a forward playing defense anymore) while still being excellent offensively, but Hollowell looks about as lost as he did when he first got some games in the 2018-2019 playoffs. He's effectively an offensive defenseman without the offense, and simply looks as outmatched at the AHL level as he did last year.

Maybe playing in Europe wasn't a good idea for him. He still needs to work on defensive fundamentals and perhaps sticking around Toronto to work on skill development would have been better than playing against guys who are probably a step down from the ECHL. It's not a good look when two undrafted guys from the ECHL in Duszak and Rubins have looked a lot more comfortable both this year and last year (when they were the same age as Hollowell right now).

Reactions: acrobaticgoalie

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Liljegren is ready. He is the Marlies best player and I don't think it's close. Forget top 4 as his upside I see a potential #1 if his game translates.
Yes encouraging reports on Lilly..he was

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad