Prospect Info: Marlies/Prospects Thread - It's finally puckdrop, baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
If lilgegrin is as good as everyone here says, why have the leafs not given him a shot this year?
Is it possible they don’t think he’s ready or simply not good enough ?
Or it could be because Leafs have a lot of depth this year, and a RHD hasn't been hurt yet?
It's the same reason Sandin couldn't get in the lineup even though both are ready.
Bob said last season if a RHD got hurt, Lilly would be called up before Sandin.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Or it could be because Leafs have a lot of depth this year, and a RHD hasn't been hurt yet?
It's the same reason Sandin couldn't get in the lineup even though both are ready.
Bob said last season if a RHD got hurt, Lilly would be called up before Sandin.

In Sandin's case, I don't think he is ready. Like he can get into a couple of games if we are desperate but he shouldn't be counted on even as a depth guy right now. Fortunately we have Lehtonen and Marincin as spares so we shouldn't need him.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
In Sandin's case, I don't think he is ready. Like he can get into a couple of games if we are desperate but he shouldn't be counted on even as a depth guy right now. Fortunately we have Lehtonen and Marincin as spares so we shouldn't need him.
Thats a fair point. It's just wierd when a guy isn't called up despite deserving of it, and the conclusion some people think is because the team thinks he isn't good. It's not even associated with Liljegren.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
If lilgegrin is as good as everyone here says, why have the leafs not given him a shot this year?
Is it possible they don’t think he’s ready or simply not good enough ?
Honestly, I have been a fan of slow cooking Lilly because I was one of the shmucks who developed my expert opinion of Timmy after his bottom pairing 10 game sample in the show last year. He looked out of place, not confident. My overall impression was that he was not ready. After watching him and Sandy play in the blue/white this year I figured it was well worth my money to keep watching them and eventually bucked up and payed for the AHL TV. I can honestly say he is the most NHL ready prospect in our system by a mile from what I have seen. He has been flat out dominating in the games I have watched. I never lost hope on Timmy by any means, and have always been a fan of the pick/player. However I am not afraid to admit I had this guy massively under valued. He was someone I think I would have been OK with the Leafs parting with had the return been worth while, but at this point he is as untouchable in my mind as Robby and Sandy. I certainly will not judge his first 10 games back in the show as any indication of what he can do ever again, because a lot of his success will depend on confidence. Something I do not expect to be instant when he makes the jump. But this guy is an absolute stud, not sure how he projects to be any thing less than a top 4 d-man, with a realistic chance of top pairing D-man IMO. Some people have compared him to Rasmus Anderson, and I totally see it. Maybe with a little less grit and a little more skill. Now there are definitely people on here that are way more familiar with Timmy's game from years past than I will ever pretend to be, but what he is bringing night in and night out now is 100% NHL ready. Just no room to push someone out on the right side. He will be a full time leaf next year, no questions asked.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
So, has Moore turned a corner?

I didn’t get his press behaviour last year, and the team dropped like a stone after his hire.

This year..? What’s the difference?

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
So, has Moore turned a corner?

I didn’t get his press behaviour last year, and the team dropped like a stone after his hire.

This year..? What’s the difference?

He's had some time to institute his systems so that's probably part of it, he didn't seem to know what to do once the team started freefalling and he lost some of his better players to the Leafs

Life's a lot more enjoyable if you have guys like Liljegren, Rosen and Brooks to lean on and help keep the boys on an even keel

Reactions: aingefan

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
So it sounds like Robertson might need some time down there based on the comments I'm reading here and in chat?
The whole forward group honestly looks awful. Bobbling pucks, can't make/catch passes, constantly giving the puck away with poor decisions, etc.

Robertson's been wide open on multiple PPs and odd man rushes only to have guys look him off or be off the mark with passes like that last 3on1 sending it 5ft behind Robertson.

He can definitely benefit from more time in the AHL. 1pt tonight but could have more if not for a couple big saves by Wolf. My only issue is that his puck management has been sloppy and inconsistent, but the AHL is a weird league in that its more unpredictable and disjointed. He would look much better with a couple high-skilled passers like SDA instead of Gaudet-Chartier; he needs the puck on his stick.

The whole team looks scrambled.

Reactions: Twine Tickler

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
The whole forward group honestly looks awful. Bobbling pucks, can't make/catch passes, constantly giving the puck away with poor decisions, etc.

Robertson's been wide open on multiple PPs and odd man rushes only to have guys look him off or be off the mark with passes like that last 3on1 sending it 5ft behind Robertson.

He can definitely benefit from more time in the AHL. 1pt tonight but could have more if not for a couple big saves by Wolf. My only issue is that his puck management has been sloppy and inconsistent, but the AHL is a weird league in that its more unpredictable and disjointed. He would look much better with a couple high-skilled passers like SDA instead of Gaudet-Chartier; he needs the puck on his stick.

The whole team looks scrambled.

I can't help but think that the Marlies need better coaching.

Reactions: Saint Blue

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Marlies cut it to 1 with over half of the period to go. Kivihalme with the goal. Robertson gets another assist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad