Prospect Info: Marlies/Prospects Thread - It's finally puckdrop, baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaffan1991

Oct 22, 2016
Canada
Like a poster above said, I think Lilly with Muzzin would work well. I don't think it would be a good idea to strap him to Sandin or Dermott. Give him a physical vet, allows him to stay calm and make a good play

daethfromabove1979

Jun 20, 2006
Also I think Anderson has deserved a call up more than Robertson. Robby needs a bit more time I think

I wouldn't argue with this. Glad to see Joey Anderson got a couple of goals last night, I think he's going to be important to us over the next three years considering his cheap contract.

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
Re Hollowell, I’ve always thought the Leafs should consider trying him out as a forward. This would be nothing new in Leafs history. Think Red Kelly, Wendel Clark or Gary Leeman. In terms of level of talent, a better comparison would be Nathan Dempsey.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Re Hollowell, I’ve always thought the Leafs should consider trying him out as a forward. This would be nothing new in Leafs history. Think Red Kelly, Wendel Clark or Gary Leeman. In terms of level of talent, a better comparison would be Nathan Dempsey.
I think it’s an option for a player with his profile, just like it’s an option for Duszak.
The experience in versatility isn’t going to hurt.

Reactions: uncleben

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Like a poster above said, I think Lilly with Muzzin would work well. I don't think it would be a good idea to strap him to Sandin or Dermott. Give him a physical vet, allows him to stay calm and make a good play

I am going to keep saying the Leafs should sign Hainsey until it becomes true!
Vet, who can play physical, is extremely defensively responsible. Let him do what he did for Reilly on a smaller scaled 3rd pair.

IMO he is the perfect guy for a taxi squad. Veteran, FREE AGENT, knows the team and most of the young players.

I would vastly prefer him to a guy like Marincin on the taxi squad, or if possible in the AHL on a PTO to get him back into shape before signing him to a NHL deal.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
At this point he's controlling the game at the AHL level like Josi does at the NHL level.

strapping him to Muzzin for a few weeks would really help his confidence translate imo. If he keeps playing like this you almost have to give him a few looks in place of Bogosian.
After Josi was drafted he played a year in Europe and then two full years in the AHL.

Roman Josi Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

I'm surprised they didn't trade him by the time his second season in the AHL rolled around, you would think his development was ruined and he ran out of runway to actually make the NHL :sarcasm:

Reactions: Lauro

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
People really need to f*** off with the Garrett Sparks jokes. This guy was a heart and soul type of a player for the Marlies and deserves some god damn respect.

Ya I never really understood the vitriol some people held for him. It's really not Garret Sparks fault that this organization seems to be allergic to developing good goalies. He never should have been that high on the depth chart.

Reactions: uncleben

MVPMatthews

Feb 11, 2021
Such a huge lilly homer since day one.

I remember thinking we were going to be in the running for him back in 2017 when he was projected to be a top 3 pick. Then Matthews/Marner/Nylander came and blew everyone's expectations out of the water and we snuck in the playoffs.

Seems like fate though that Lilly dropped so much aswell after getting mono in his draft year, but with the 17th pick I still thought he'd be out of our range. Most mocks at the time I believe had him going 12-15.

Lilly could be a huge part of our top 4. Some defenseman just take a little longer to develop. As someone pointed out with Josi.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if we look at

Sandin- Lilly as our best pairing within the next 4 years

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Got to be better than any of our bottom 6 with leafs except Spezz right now

You realize said bottom 6 contains Hyman, Engvall, and Mikheyev right now?

I like Anderson, but he surely is not better than any of them right now. Debatable if he is better than Galchenyuk, Petan, or Vesey too.

He's probably better than Boyd and Barabanov, but that is not saying much.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
You realize said bottom 6 contains Hyman, Engvall, and Mikheyev right now?

I like Anderson, but he surely is not better than any of them right now. Debatable if he is better than Galchenyuk, Petan, or Vesey too.

He's probably better than Boyd and Barabanov, but that is not saying much.
It was said with tongue firmly in cheek
But I’m done with Vesey and definitely done with that weak ass wimp ass scared of his own shadow Engvall , without a doubt ..
And as far as Barb goes , mmmeehhh
Soup is the only player there that at the very least has chances and can skate hard .., he will break out soon
Petan ??? Meh again
Hyman plays like a top six and I wish every player played with his heart and soul we would be winning cups
We ultimately need tougher mentally and physically players with heart and soul to play in our bottom 6

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
People really need to f*** off with the Garrett Sparks jokes. This guy was a heart and soul type of a player for the Marlies and deserves some god damn respect.
Pretty sure he was the man in charge of the net when the Marlies sliced their way to a calder cup championship. He was better than Hutchinson also. He flamed in the big leagues. But, he was a good Marlie.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Sparks is a loser and the accusations made against him in the summer by the young female blogger are troubling.

michi510

Aug 31, 2011
Toronto

I remember thinking we were going to be in the running for him back in 2017 when he was projected to be a top 3 pick. Then Matthews/Marner/Nylander came and blew everyone's expectations out of the water and we snuck in the playoffs.

Seems like fate though that Lilly dropped so much aswell after getting mono in his draft year, but with the 17th pick I still thought he'd be out of our range. Most mocks at the time I believe had him going 12-15.

Lilly could be a huge part of our top 4. Some defenseman just take a little longer to develop. As someone pointed out with Josi.

Agree! We need to give him a longer leash to see what he’s capable of at the nhl level.

Hope we don’t give him up in a trade adding pieces going all in, without even seeing him suit up for a sustained period of time. It could be Rask Raycroft situation all over again.

diehardleafsfan9878

Mar 9, 2015

I remember I was working during the 2017 draft and just checking picks on my phone. He was the 1 guy I wanted from the draft and it got to Tampas pick at 14 and I remember being like hlod on, has Liljegren not been taken yet? So I'm frantically looking back through all the picks looking for his name cuz there was no way he's not picked. Foote gets taken by Tampa and thought that's it, Liljegren is a Leaf cuz I didn't think Vegas or Calgary would take a defender at the time.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I remember I was working during the 2017 draft and just checking picks on my phone. He was the 1 guy I wanted from the draft and it got to Tampas pick at 14 and I remember being like hlod on, has Liljegren not been taken yet? So I'm frantically looking back through all the picks looking for his name cuz there was no way he's not picked. Foote gets taken by Tampa and thought that's it, Liljegren is a Leaf cuz I didn't think Vegas or Calgary would take a defender at the time.

Funny enough, they both took defenders.

They just took LD instead of a RD.

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
If lilgegrin is as good as everyone here says, why have the leafs not given him a shot this year?
Is it possible they don’t think he’s ready or simply not good enough ?

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
If lilgegrin is as good as everyone here says, why have the leafs not given him a shot this year?
Is it possible they don’t think he’s ready or simply not good enough ?

We have had 0 injuries to our RHD and he's below 4 guys on the RHD depth chart. Bogo won't be here next year, and likely neither will Lehtonen or Dermott so there is some space opening up at the bottom.

Reactions: supermann_98
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad