Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospect Discussion

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Never heard of this kid but bases on that Trevling should be all over this guy.
Yeah it doesn't look like he was able to transition to center but what I like about him is the production finally match the skills mentioned in his scouting reports. He can skate, he is not frail, and he has finish.

Reactions: TheMadHatTrick

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
How many games do they play in the ohl. Seems like they should’ve been done a while ago

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
After Marner and Nylander, the right wing depth is not that great. Maybe they can convince Graf of a potential right wing spot on the 3rd line.
While he should try to sign him, I'd be surprised if he comes to Canada.

Both Boston (his hometown team) and NYR are also pretty shallow on RW, so he's likely to end up there.

horner

May 22, 2007
An old scouting report before this breakout season.

Left shooting Centre-wing import from Russia to London in the OHL. Coach Dale Hunter starts his transition to the North American rink by starting him as a wing. Once he is more accustomed and comfortable it seems obvious he is of more value as centre. A superb stickhandler with ultra-quick hands, a terrific skater with a combination of speed, and east-west agility. He has shown he is smart in three zones, and is sturdy built and shakes off defenders easily. An excellent passer, with good anticipation and feel in the attack zone. Gives teammates more time to break to open ice. Strong defensively at stealing pucks and then making pin point passes to them while they are breaking onward into dangerous areas. Has a neat toe-drag move. He is always in the correct space position-wise. A imaginative playmaker who creates loads of chances.
Being from london I watch alot of london games

He really flipped a switch this year totally different player.

Last year I thought london wad going to trade him , iam glad they didn't.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Being from london I watch alot of london games

He really flipped a switch this year totally different player.

Last year I thought london wad going to trade him , iam glad they didn't.

Interesting they see value in him at centre, our depth at that position sucks so an AHL contract for him would be worthwhile.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Interesting they see value in him at centre, our depth at that position sucks so an AHL contract for him would be worthwhile.
Unfortunately that was on old scouting report. Since then he is seems to be unused at center with 17 faceoff attempts this year and similar last season. I guess it might be possible but the fact that 13 forwards took more draws seems telling. They could use him at LW too though.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Unfortunately that was on old scouting report. Since then he is seems to be unused at center with 17 faceoff attempts this year and similar last season. I guess it might be possible but the fact that 13 forwards took more draws seems telling. They could use him at LW too though.

Has Hirvonen been lining up at LW or centre with the Marlies? We also have Voit and Lisowsky we haven't seen really at the pro level.

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
Marlies win 2-1 in a SO. Hildeby 31 saves. Steeves an assist

I really like the idea of Hildeby as the organization's #3 goalie next year, similar to when we had Woll waiting for a chance to come up.

If Akyamatov is our #4, that's exciting goalie prospect depth.

Hildeby with two strong games after two stinkers. Biggest thing for him is getting the reps in (GP, hopefully Marlies get into the post-season). He gets the day off today.

Cavallin gets the start today. They seem to be giving him a decent look at the AHL level (he's put up good numbers in the ECHL), potential back-up for Hildeby next year full-time as Petruzeeli seems to have fallen off this year.

There is a huge difference between hoping for and expecting.

Why wouldn't every Leafs fan hope for Pronger or Chara?

My guess Leafs fans would be thrilled to get a player who can play in the NHL in any capacity.

Agreed.

For a 6th rounder (in 2026! mind you), it's worth the gamble when the organization sees something in him. Leafs have the benefit of seeing a clearer picture with him at 6'6 and 23 in terms of pro eligibility (sounds to me like it's the skating, and defensive instinct that they like - no offensive ability to speak of by the looks of it). Maybe he turns into a guy, maybe not - but obviously a very low price for a player the scouts liked enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad