Prospect Info: Marlies and Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Neither was Engvall.

;)

128 AHL games vs 27 is big.. I think for Korsh to have his best chance to succeed he needs at least a full year and another playoff with the Marlies. The club has to commit to giving him a bigger role to develop him faster. He won't overcook and Agostino is more likely to hit the deck running with a promotion, plus Korsch can use his minutes. Free Kenny!!

Reactions: supermann_98

barilko05

NHL FAN
Jan 28, 2011
128 AHL games vs 27 is big.. I think for Korsh to have his best chance to succeed he needs at least a full year and another playoff with the Marlies. The club has to commit to giving him a bigger role to develop him faster. He won't overcook and Agostino is more likely to hit the deck running with a promotion, plus Korsch can use his minutes. Free Kenny!!

I worry about Korsh. He's had a lot of injuries since he's been drafted. Is it because his style of play simply lends itself to more risk, or is he really made of (gritty) glass? And is this a trend the Leafs should be worried about?

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
The stats are one thing, but they are both having historically great years for their age. Liljegren is 8th all time for 20 year olds (much larger group) and Sandin is 2nd all time for 19 year olds in terms of PPG at the moment.

He's not wrong in saying Liljegren is the better overall of the two right now as his defensive game is far superior at the moment. Sandin makes some great plays but he also has some shifts where he seems to have no idea where he's going. Liljegren has taken more of that out of his game to this point.

Saying "It's obvious to anyone who has watched the Marlies and Leafs that Sandin >> Lilly" is a weird statement because you seem to be the only one here that watches the Marlies consistently that says things like that. That's your opinion and that's fine, but most people that watch the Marlies agree with Bob's statement and have been saying the same thing since last years Marlies playoffs run.

Sandin may very well be the best of the two if he can figure out the defensive side, could even be an elite player, but he's not at the moment and still has a lot of growing to do.

The reason I say that is because the things Sandin does well are very hard to learn. Lillys advantage is his defence game because he's stronger, and older. His age is a big advantage at this time in their lives because they are just starting to develop man strength. I'm not sure if Lilly is ever going to have the awareness to play the level Sandin is capable of. That's why I'm hard on him. Sandin will learn to play better defensively. It isn't a weakness of his IMO but it definitely isn't a strength. He has the positiioning and skating but his size and strength hinder him a bit in that area.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
The reason I say that is because the things Sandin does well are very hard to learn. Lillys advantage is his defence game because he's stronger, and older. His age is a big advantage at this time in their lives because they are just starting to develop man strength. I'm not sure if Lilly is ever going to have the awareness to play the level Sandin is capable of. That's why I'm hard on him. Sandin will learn to play better defensively. It isn't a weakness of his IMO but it definitely isn't a strength. He has the positiioning and skating but his size and strength hinder him a bit in that area.

“Age is a big advantage” they are 10 months apart. Actually Liljegren and Sandin are closer in age than the top two 2020 draft picks Byfield and Lafreniere are.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough

What a post we have here. Christ this is some good shit.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
What a post we have here. Christ this is some good ****.

Great rebuttal.

So you don't think next year when Sandin is about 10-15 pounds heavier and possibly taller that anything will be different? Seems pretty obvious to me that NHLers at this exact age start to grow. Lilly already has manstrength, and that's why he does okay defensively in the AHL. He just doesn't have the skill Sandin has.

Be more salty though. So far I've been spot on. Y'all just can't accept some people don't think Lilly is that great. He's so clearly not better than Sandin.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Well it aint Robertson or SDA, they've kept scoring. Robertson with 1G so far.
Robertson has been remarkably consistent. He has just 3 games this year where he hasn't recorded a point. In those 3 games he had 3,6, and 9, yes 9 shots... Or one game this year where he had both 0 points and less than 6 shots lol

Reactions: stickty111

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Robertson has been remarkably consistent. He has just 3 games this year where he hasn't recorded a point. In those 3 games he had 3,6, and 9, yes 9 shots... Or one game this year where he had both 0 points and less than 6 shots lol
Pure sniper in every sense of the word, but I think his playmaking is underrated.

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
I can’t believe we got a prospect of Robertson’s caliber in the late 2nd round. Tons of Top 10 drafted prospects don’t have the D+1 year he’s having.

Sorely needed not having a 1st in 2019 or 2020 to get a 1st round caliber prospect in the late 2nd.

For as polarizing as Dubas has been as GM, getting prospects like Sandin, and Robertson at the slots he took them at is outstanding.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Robertsen has scored 35G (and 53P) of Peterborough's 181 goals, despite missing 16 games.

That means he has scored 19% of goals, has factored on 29% of goals, while playing just 76% of the games.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
The 2nd half of the season for the Marlies starts today. The season is on the line the next 3 weeks or so.
I have made my thoughts known the forward core isn't good enough. A lot of grit and toughness, not enough talent. However, they are still better then what they have been. They need to get going.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
The 2nd half of the season for the Marlies starts today. The season is on the line the next 3 weeks or so.
I have made my thoughts known the forward core isn't good enough. A lot of grit and toughness, not enough talent. However, they are still better then what they have been. They need to get going.
Also they could blast the Harpur Schmaltz pairing to the Sun...

Reactions: stickty111

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Do not free Kenny!

Guy is a career minor leaguer. He's one of those guys who is too good for the AHL, but not good enough for the NHL. He's just never been effective in the bigs when given the opportunity. He's a great depth option to help carry the kids in the AHL, but that's about it. The Leafs are better off giving those opportunities to guys who have NHL futures and can use the experience to their advantage.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

Lineup Changes:
Korshkov, Pooley in. Agostino, Elynuk out up front. No changes on defence
Kask to start

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
There seems to be talk of raising the minimum age for CHL players. Robertson playing on the Marlies next season would be awesome.

Reactions: LeafChief
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad