Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Marlies up 4-1 right now

Pooley with a couple of goals, Liljeren and Kivihalme with a point

Hollowell with a beautiful goal leading the rush
I think he's going to need to play that way to be successful, basically a Barrie style of play

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Lilly got hit with the puck in a very sensitive area, and left the game, but he is back now.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Marlies up 4-1 right now

Pooley with a couple of goals, Liljeren and Kivihalme with a point

Hollowell with a beautiful goal leading the rush
I think he's going to need to play that way to be successful, basically a Barrie style of play
Yup Wheeler just mentioned it. He needs to be active to be effective. Need that more from him.

Last edited:

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Marlies win 6-2

Scoring summary
Petan Unassisted
Hollowell from Petan and Harpur
Pooley from Kivihalme and Liljegren
Pooley Unassisted
MacMaster from Read and Kivihalme (PP)
Korshkov from MacMaster

Reactions: Pyromaniac

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
A lot of skill on display tonight. Liljegren, Korshkov, Hollowell, Pooley, Marchment and Petan specifically.

Chippy game. I thought we battled well. Wilson fought near the end of the game and had a double square off, breaking apart once.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Abbruzzee with 2 goals and 2 assists today.
What a year he is having.

Three of Harvard's top four scorers are listed as centers. Do we know where he is being played? It would sure be nice to have another center coming up.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
So far last year's draft is looking really solid

Abbruzzee, Abramov, Robertson are having strong seasons

It sounds like kokkonen is starting to sort himself out after his injury as well
Fingers crossed we see a few growth spurts. I know its not as important as before, but you can only have so many 5'9 guys on a team.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
We dont have a 1st (again) so I've been paying a good amount of attention at the college UFA crowd. These are my current top 5 guys.

Mitchell Chaffee - snarling tenacious Acciari type who is having a good (ppg+) season with UMass

Josh Dunne - 6'4 C, near PPG and a pest. Playing with Clarkson. Needs to fill out, but he is solid.

Zach Giuttari - 6'2, RHD. Captain at Brown, potentially best D free agent. All situations guy who has a bomb. Solid defensively and throws huge hits.

Connor Mackey - 6'2 LHD. Maybe top UFA at start of the season, struggled a bit but still a great prospect.

Greg Printz - 6'3 LW. Huge shot, tons of speed, needs to work on two way play.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Do not free Kenny!

Guy is a career minor leaguer. He's one of those guys who is too good for the AHL, but not good enough for the NHL. He's just never been effective in the bigs when given the opportunity. He's a great depth option to help carry the kids in the AHL, but that's about it. The Leafs are better off giving those opportunities to guys who have NHL futures and can use the experience to their advantage.

Agostino was quite good with the Devils last year.

I’m not sure he’ll get a shot this year, but we have him signed next year for close to league min. I assume that’s when he’ll get a look.

Reactions: stickty111

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
We dont have a 1st (again) so I've been paying a good amount of attention at the college UFA crowd. These are my current top 5 guys.

Mitchell Chaffee - snarling tenacious Acciari type who is having a good (ppg+) season with UMass

Josh Dunne - 6'4 C, near PPG and a pest. Playing with Clarkson. Needs to fill out, but he is solid.

Zach Giuttari - 6'2, RHD. Captain at Brown, potentially best D free agent. All situations guy who has a bomb. Solid defensively and throws huge hits.

Connor Mackey - 6'2 LHD. Maybe top UFA at start of the season, struggled a bit but still a great prospect.

Greg Printz - 6'3 LW. Huge shot, tons of speed, needs to work on two way play.

I would add Alex Limoges, James Sanchez and Jordan Kawaguchi to the list as well. However, Limoges may need another year, just like Dunne, Mackey and Printz need more time. However, even Sanchez, Chaffee and Kawaguchi all have an extra year and could benefit in one way or another, and I am not sure any of them would crack the Marlies right away (which would be somewhat of a concern with guys who are 22 or 23 years old already).

I'd take Giuttari on a competitive AHL deal, but I am not sure he'd be in the AHL right away despite being 24+ years old. Devin Brosseau from Clarkson would be another guy who could be a good option for the ECHL. We do need guys for the ECHL and both would be a good option, but a number of NCAA guys should help us refill our ECHL depth (assuming some of the current Growlers are looking for bigger challenges than the ECHL after this year).

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
I would add Alex Limoges, James Sanchez and Jordan Kawaguchi to the list as well. However, Limoges may need another year, just like Dunne, Mackey and Printz need more time. However, even Sanchez, Chaffee and Kawaguchi all have an extra year and could benefit in one way or another, and I am not sure any of them would crack the Marlies right away (which would be somewhat of a concern with guys who are 22 or 23 years old already).

I'd take Giuttari on a competitive AHL deal, but I am not sure he'd be in the AHL right away despite being 24+ years old. Devin Brosseau from Clarkson would be another guy who could be a good option for the ECHL. We do need guys for the ECHL and both would be a good option, but a number of NCAA guys should help us refill our ECHL depth (assuming some of the current Growlers are looking for bigger challenges than the ECHL after this year).

This is kind of my mentality. Sign college guys and let them fit into the ECHL/AHL where they do. It helps insulate the younger guys coming from junior, and every once in a while you find a Bozak type. Even if that's 1 in 25 'high end' college guys becoming a decent top 4/6 d or top 9 f, thats alright with me. Sign 4 or 5 a year, pay them well, pay for the best trainers. Give them 3 years to show something, and if they dont no harm no foul.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
This is kind of my mentality. Sign college guys and let them fit into the ECHL/AHL where they do. It helps insulate the younger guys coming from junior, and every once in a while you find a Bozak type. Even if that's 1 in 25 'high end' college guys becoming a decent top 4/6 d or top 9 f, thats alright with me. Sign 4 or 5 a year, pay them well, pay for the best trainers. Give them 3 years to show something, and if they dont no harm no foul.
Marlies usually have 35-40 guys by the end of the year. We'll have lots of options for the last few weeks and playoffs should they make it.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

The numbers don't match it, but the team played pretty decent. Still a lot work to be done.
Also Rubins is still bad.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Robertson has a 10 game goal scoring streak going on

Lol

Friday Five: We’ve got ourselves a Rocket Richard Trophy race - TSN.ca

The NHL’s seven-year agreement with the Canadian Hockey League expires on June 30. The two sides haven’t begun formal negotiations yet, but one item that seems to be gaining momentum behind the scenes is the idea of allowing 19-year-old prospects to be assigned to the AHL.
“You bet I’d like to have more say over a high pick if I had that option,” one Eastern Conference GM said Friday. “I think a lot of my counterparts would at least like to have the ability to keep that player in our system, with our coaches and our development and training staff working with him on a daily basis, rather than in junior.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad