Prospect Info: Marlies and Prospects Discussion - 2018/19 Edition IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
I am guessing that Rasanen is likely in the KHL another year and then hopefully comes to North America after that?

Next year AHL -

Sandin-Liljegren (I think he'll need more time, I accept I am likely in the minority)
X-Lindgren
Gordeev-Durzi

Rasanen - KHL
Hollowell - ECHL or rotation in the AHL

Rosen - Promoted
Borgman - Heading overseas

Likely re-signing or finding a new AHL vet to join the club.

Also of the opinion that we should sign Dakota Joshua, big 2-way C, we have no depth at that position and we have a lot of expiring contracts.

That would make Liljegren have the most AHL experience at what, 20 years old? Don't think that's too likely to happen.

Prodigy MayD

Jan 3, 2019
Gordeev is intriguing on paper, but he gets bad reviews from basically anyone that watches him live.

Gordeev played on Flint for a majority of the season (which a completely garbage team, and should relocate in the OHL).
He has above average skating for his height, really got to watch his playoff run to get a true value of what he is/can become.

I am guessing that Rasanen is likely in the KHL another year and then hopefully comes to North America after that
Also of the opinion that we should sign Dakota Joshua, big 2-way C, we have no depth at that position and we have a lot of expiring contracts.

Yeah, he is signed for 1 more year in the KHL. (he might have an out-clause, not sure)

In regards to Joshua, he is a gritty centre that I also think the Leafs may take a flyer on. That being said, I could easily see him being traded too, since his offensive totals have been lack-luster.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Carcone-Mueller-Bracco
Grundstrom-Jooris-Gagner
Marchment-Brooks-Moore
Engvall-Greening-Gagne
Timashov

Rosen-Loverde
Borgman-Liljegren
Sandin-Oleksy
Jardine-Corrado
LeBlanc-Subban

Hutchinson-Kaskisuo
McAdam

Timashov rotates in regularly until he's likely dealt at the TDL for some sort of upgrade on the Leafs. Jardine and LeBlanc can be kept for as long as Sandin is out, and if Rosen gets a permanent call up, they could become the permanent #3/4 LD for the Marlies.

I think Keefe at least likes Jardine, although I would imagine that the Marlies would also take the opportunity to add a vet LD with Sandin out long term and Rosen potentially getting a call-up. I would also imagine they'd try to upgrade Jooris in the top 6. If the Leafs decide to keep Hutch as the #3, then they'll likely roll with him and Kaskisuo. If they trade Hutch, they'd want another goalie to pair with Kaskisuo.

The Marlies can afford to part with Subban and McAdam to get AHL help for sure. Maybe Jooris as well if he's upgraded, but even then the Marlies likely keep him for the 4th line or playoff depth. Timashov would only be used for NHL help. Otherwise, maybe the Marlies consider swapping a low-tier CHL/NCAA/European prospect for more AHL help. They seem to value improving the Marlies, and giving up a prospect they may not even sign to help the AHL team is likely something they will strongly consider.

Prodigy MayD

Jan 3, 2019
If they trade Hutch, they'd want another goalie to pair with Kaskisuo.
Otherwise, maybe the Marlies consider swapping a low-tier CHL/NCAA/European prospect for more AHL help.

I believe Woll and potential Joshua could be joining the Marlies once their NCAA seasons are over.
That would be an AHL goalie and potentially a top 9 forward (centre)

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I can't see the Leafs trading Hutch, they will want 2 legit backups in the organization at all times. Woll or Scott is going to play elsewhere

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
I can't see the Leafs trading Hutch, they will want 2 legit backups in the organization at all times. Woll or Scott is going to play elsewhere
Would rather see them get another young guy in there to compete for the job like back when they had Sparks, Gibson, and Bibeau.

Ilya Samsonov has really struggled in the AHL so far this year and has been outplayed by Vanecek. I wonder if he could be had in a swap that could help the Caps NHL team this year.

If you could have Samsonov, Scott, and Woll all competing for jobs with the Marlies that would be amazing.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Carcone-Mueller-Bracco
Grundstrom-Jooris-Gagner
Marchment-Brooks-Moore
Engvall-Greening-Gagne
Timashov

Rosen-Loverde
Borgman-Liljegren
Sandin-Oleksy
Jardine-Corrado
LeBlanc-Subban

Hutchinson-Kaskisuo
McAdam

Timashov rotates in regularly until he's likely dealt at the TDL for some sort of upgrade on the Leafs. Jardine and LeBlanc can be kept for as long as Sandin is out, and if Rosen gets a permanent call up, they could become the permanent #3/4 LD for the Marlies.

I think Keefe at least likes Jardine, although I would imagine that the Marlies would also take the opportunity to add a vet LD with Sandin out long term and Rosen potentially getting a call-up. I would also imagine they'd try to upgrade Jooris in the top 6. If the Leafs decide to keep Hutch as the #3, then they'll likely roll with him and Kaskisuo. If they trade Hutch, they'd want another goalie to pair with Kaskisuo.

The Marlies can afford to part with Subban and McAdam to get AHL help for sure. Maybe Jooris as well if he's upgraded, but even then the Marlies likely keep him for the 4th line or playoff depth. Timashov would only be used for NHL help. Otherwise, maybe the Marlies consider swapping a low-tier CHL/NCAA/European prospect for more AHL help. They seem to value improving the Marlies, and giving up a prospect they may not even sign to help the AHL team is likely something they will strongly consider.

I wonder if Carcone gets a legit shot at camp next year, since he needs waivers to be sent down.

Reactions: Prodigy MayD

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
I wonder if Carcone gets a legit shot at camp next year, since he needs waivers to be sent down.

I think he does. He has earned one. I do not think he would be in the full time lineup, but I'd keep him as a full-time depth forward who comes in similarly to how Ennis came in this year. I think he'd fill that role quite nicely.

That being said, I would not be terribly upset if he was waived. I doubt he gets claimed, and even if he was, we are talking about a depth scorer who likely does not have a permanent spot with the Leafs and would likely just get traded for a mid-late round pick at best if things turn out perfectly for him.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Would rather see them get another young guy in there to compete for the job like back when they had Sparks, Gibson, and Bibeau.

Ilya Samsonov has really struggled in the AHL so far this year and has been outplayed by Vanecek. I wonder if he could be had in a swap that could help the Caps NHL team this year.

If you could have Samsonov, Scott, and Woll all competing for jobs with the Marlies that would be amazing.
I doubt the Caps would be looking to sell low on Samsonov but if they were, I'd be all over that.

Prodigy MayD

Jan 3, 2019
I doubt the Caps would be looking to sell low on Samsonov but if they were, I'd be all over that.
I was really against Samsonov, he posted good numbers on an elite KHL club.

Got to remember KHL stats can be VERY misleading, specially if you play on SKA or CSKA

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough

Got to remember KHL stats can be VERY misleading, specially if you play on SKA or CSKA
Sure but he has also put up very good numbers in international play.

He was 17 playing goal in a men's league. He's not a sure thing but I would rank him ahead of Woll and Scott in terms of being a goalie prospect (and I really like Woll and Scott).

Reactions: Pyromaniac

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017

He is a high-end prospect and probably the Caps top prospect, most likely untouchable.

Leaffan1991

Oct 22, 2016
Canada
Carcone-Mueller-Bracco
Grundstrom-Jooris-Gagner
Marchment-Brooks-Moore
Engvall-Greening-Gagne
Timashov

Rosen-Loverde
Borgman-Liljegren
Sandin-Oleksy
Jardine-Corrado
LeBlanc-Subban

Hutchinson-Kaskisuo
McAdam

I would take out Gagner since he isn’t even our property anyway..

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
I would take out Gagner since he isn’t even our property anyway..

I would agree but he's a PPG. Maybe if Timashov gains more consistency?

He may not be our property, but he deserves to be in the lineup as much as someone like Jooris does. Neither have a future with the Leafs, and it is not like either have history like Greening does either.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Dzierkals scoring a nice KHL goal, I still like him as a prospect, we will see what happens with him.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Engvall Mueller Bracco
Grundstrom Jooris Gagner
Marchment Brooks Moore
Timashov Greening Carcone

Rosen LoVerde
LeBlanc Corrado
Jardine Subban

McAdam

Engvall has been pretty good on the top line.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
Been watching the Growlers play Adirondack. Fun, and I like the announcer. team up 6-3 and has plenty of speed. Hudson Elyniuk looks like another good free pickup. He's scoring at PPG pace and is a 6'5" center with speed and skill and just 21. I Could see him as a 4C on the leafs in 2-3 years if he keeps up the good work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad