Prospect Info: Marlies and Prospects Discussion - 2018/19 Edition IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Edit: Mueller got the goal. Bracco gets the assist.

Last edited:

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Continue here.

I look forward to seeing Lily and Sandin make the Leafs line up in the future. Their puck-moving ability would be a big upgrade over some guys on the roster now which will be a big positive effect
What a shame we couldn't see Lily and Sandin together at the WJC. If we're lucky, we'll be able to see them for years as #3-4 defencemen with the Leafs. I wouldn't trade either of them unless the deal blows us away.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
What else is new? Bracco with a multi assist game.
Brooks also has 3 points today.
Carcone with 2 goals.
Marlies win 5-1.

Reactions: pacman25

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
What a shame we couldn't see Lily and Sandin together at the WJC. If we're lucky, we'll be able to see them for years as #3-4 defencemen with the Leafs. I wouldn't trade either of them unless the deal blows us away.
You're right, you can't have enough good dmen, look how Nashville is always churning out defensemen. With this group of fwds if Lilj and Sandin can become our #3/4 tandem and they really mesh at the NHL level it could be crazy good

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
BRACCO WATCH: 33 games: 7 goals - 25 assist - 32 points
I was never all that high on Bracco buuut
tenor.gif

In my defense though the real reason I don't have too much confidence in him is because he seems like a guy Babs would never utilize properly

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Durzi only leads the whole OHL (defence only) in goals above replacement...
I mean that's good, but I think that's something that if he wasn't leading in would be more surprising. He should be one of the best D in the OHL especially given his age. His offensive numbers should probably be a decent bit higher

Prodigy MayD

Jan 3, 2019
I mean that's good. His offensive numbers should probably be a decent bit higher

At the end of the day, if you have a defense prospect going point per game in points, nobody will complain. Durzi almost made the Marlies out of camp (if the Marlies didn't have such a stacked D-core at that time, he probably makes the Marlies).

Note: By stacked D-core I am referring to the amount of AHL Depth D we had during camp (Nielsen, Subban, LoVerde, Borgman, Rosen, Liljegren, Sandin. Durzi would have never saw regular ice-time.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I don't get why they gave the Petes player an ELC and draft Durzi at his age so high and not given him one already? I assume he gets an ELC at seasons end regardless of his stats, etc.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
TheAHL.com

27 points in 68 games last year
23 points in 29 games this year

Wonder if he can keep it up for the full season?

Apparently, he has a nice shot and can fly out there, I think he can be added to our group of decent prospects. Trevor Moore kicked it into high gear in the 2nd half of last season and is still trending upwards.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
At the end of the day, if you have a defense prospect going point per game in points, nobody will complain. Durzi almost made the Marlies out of camp (if the Marlies didn't have such a stacked D-core at that time, he probably makes the Marlies).

Note: By stacked D-core I am referring to the amount of AHL Depth D we had during camp (Nielsen, Subban, LoVerde, Borgman, Rosen, Liljegren, Sandin. Durzi would have never saw regular ice-time.
This is true, but it's technically his D+2, he should be above a PPG given his age, where he was drafted, and his talent level.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
I was never all that high on Bracco buuut
View attachment 172137

In my defense though the real reason I don't have too much confidence in him is because he seems like a guy Babs would never utilize properly

I was never that high on Bracco because he hadn't performed all that well before this year. This year he's performing way better. I regret nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad