Prospect Info: Marlies and Prospects Discussion - 2018/19 Edition IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
If a tree falls in the woods does it make a sound?
I have seen Bracco play with the Rangers, Spits, and Marlies, I have the Leaf channel and have never seen him PK. He was healthy scratched the entire first half of the last season and in the playoffs and was sheltered when he did play. I have yet to see him PK this season and his 0.0 PKTOI stat tells me he hasn't this year either.

added: I actually had the real dart guy like a tweet I made the other day lol

Last edited:

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
I have seen Bracco play with the Rangers, Spits, and Marlies, I have the Leaf channel and have never seen him PK. He was healthy scratched the entire first half of the last season and in the playoffs and was sheltered when he did play. I have yet to see him PK this season and his 0.0 PKTOI stat tells me he hasn't this year either.

Bracco played 50 games last year. There is no possible way he could have been a healthy scratch for the entire first half unless you are suggesting each regular season in the AHL is 100 games.

Is he being sheltered this year, in your opinion? has he been a healthy scratch?

HandshakeLineRespect

Respect in the Handshake Line
Apr 17, 2017
Brampton

That Dart Guy is a fugazi bruh.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
My guess on what Dubas does in terms of Rasanen is trade him in a package for a roster upgrade.

The reasoning behind that is, Rasanen doesn't really fit the model that Dubas likes in terms of building a team. The big defensemen that aren't great skaters are likely to be moved on from. Desrocher, Nielsen, Mattinen & Middleton were all guys that were drafted prior to Dubas taking over the gig. And from all indications through interviews and the way he went through the first draft, he doesn't see high value in the big stay at home defenseman. I've specifically left off Greenway because I believe, that even though he's a bigger guy, he's an above average to very good skater.

Think about all of the guys that he has on the team or in the system, Dermott, Rielly, Gardiner, Sandin, Hollowell, Liljegren. Not one guy is really physical, but they can all skate and move the puck well.

I agree with a lot of what you're saying but Rasanen is unique among our prospect pool, in a good way. He isn't a bad skater for his size. He plays a physical game but isn't stay at home, he can make plays so he isn't lumped in with some other castaways. Gordeev also can skate and make plays so they have room for these two.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I agree with a lot of what you're saying but Rasanen is unique among our prospect pool, in a good way. He isn't a bad skater for his size. He plays a physical game but isn't stay at home, he can make plays so he isn't lumped in with some other castaways. Gordeev also can skate and make plays so they have room for these two.
I think by Rasanen jumping to the KHL means we will hold his rights longer, I think, somebody should know this? if its true i think its a good thing for the Leafs

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Bracco played 50 games last year. There is no possible way he could have been a healthy scratch for the entire first half unless you are suggesting each regular season in the AHL is 100 games.

Is he being sheltered this year, in your opinion? has he been a healthy scratch?
Keefe played Bracco on the PK during the first half last season.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
So it's actually a good thing for the Leafs to let him develop over there for a few years, agree?

I am hoping he can get some decent time the rest of this year and hopefully get good time next year. Ideally come over the following year. Staggers how we're importing our guys.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I am hoping he can get some decent time the rest of this year and hopefully get good time next year. Ideally come over the following year. Staggers how we're importing our guys.
Is he back to playing yet or is he still out with injury? It still shows him as having only 6 games played so I will assume he's still out for now.

@GeorgeLeafer12 - any idea when Rasanen is expected back?

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I think he is on the injured reserve list still, not even sure what's wrong with him, shoulder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->