Prospect Info: Marlies and Prospects Discussion - 2018/19 Edition IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
I think Bracco's floor at this point is at least Seth Griffith but if he continues to work on his overall game I think he can be a good second line playmaking winger like a Hemsky or even poor man's Steve Sullivan.
Is he still killing penalties? Haven’t watched since earlier in the year

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Your not sure why thats a shame? Guelph is literally all about protecting its history. Adding condo's in the heart of the downtown(old historic area/buildings) looks terrible. There is tons of new developments on highway 6 before guelph and just past downtown so thats why I was hoping they wouldn't develop to much in the heart of downtown.

Clearer?

No point in protecting the history if nobody can afford to live there.

I prioritize affordable housing over protecting you from the horror of looking at a building. And I don't even really buy that it's a terrible eye sore either, so yeah.

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
No point in protecting the history if nobody can afford to live there.

I prioritize affordable housing over protecting you from the horror of looking at a building. And I don't even really buy that it's a terrible eye sore either, so yeah.

You think guelph is overpriced? I live in Etobicoke, Toronto brother around royal york area..guelphs pricing is unreal compared to this toronto crap.I've lived in the same area for my whole life and have no chance of buying here so im looking outside like guelph etc. 500k for a nice house in the uni area or like 375-450 for a nice house like a 5 minute drive from the uni. Hell a 15 minute drive would probably get you even cheaper. Guelph is on the rise up, which it should be. It's not pricey at all compared to toronto and the surrounding gta. Guelph is the next place to blow up so if you think its expensive now then wait for 10 years it will all be 600k+

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Guelph is the next place to blow up so if you think its expensive now then wait for 10 years it will all be 600k+
Toronto was always under priced relative to other major cities around the world. That said the flood of Chinese money (often illegal) inflated Vancouver and Toronto market to ridiculous levels. Expect those massive prices to drop as we head into a major recession over the next few years.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
"Durzi was a bad pick, and needs to produce more for a 20yr old" BTW
He's the highest drafted 20 year old in the league. He should tear it up. I'm sure if in 2 years SDA or Stotts needs another year in Junior people would be frustrated with those picks, and they were taken later.

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
Gordeev is intriguing on paper, but he gets bad reviews from basically anyone that watches him live.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I am guessing that Rasanen is likely in the KHL another year and then hopefully comes to North America after that?

Next year AHL -

Sandin-Liljegren (I think he'll need more time, I accept I am likely in the minority)
X-Lindgren
Gordeev-Durzi

Rasanen - KHL
Hollowell - ECHL or rotation in the AHL

Rosen - Promoted
Borgman - Heading overseas

Likely re-signing or finding a new AHL vet to join the club.

Also of the opinion that we should sign Dakota Joshua, big 2-way C, we have no depth at that position and we have a lot of expiring contracts.

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
I am guessing that Rasanen is likely in the KHL another year and then hopefully comes to North America after that?

Next year AHL -

Sandin-Liljegren (I think he'll need more time, I accept I am likely in the minority)
X-Lindgren
Gordeev-Durzi

Rasanen - KHL

Rosen - Promoted

Also of the opinion that we should sign Dakota Joshua, big 2-way C, we have no depth at that position and we have a lot of expiring contracts.

If Jake walks I think Rosen and Sandin will both get a shot at the 3rd pair LHD spot. I agree it is probably Rosen's job to lose at this point. Also some intrigue with Liljegren challenging for a spot as well, especially given our poor RHD at the NHL level.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
If Jake walks I think Rosen and Sandin will both get a shot at the 3rd pair LHD spot. I agree it is probably Rosen's job to lose at this point. Also some intrigue with Liljegren challenging for a spot as well, especially given our poor RHD at the NHL level.

The RHD Situation in the NHL is *very* difficult to project right now. I think Liljegren is making a lot of progress for his age in the AHL.

His shot accuracy+speed in which he gets it off still needs some work. He has great agility and good lateral speed. His first few steps are choppy and he just needs to work on on his all around game a bit more. I don't think another year in the AHL would hurt him but I also wouldn't force him into the AHL if he proved he belonged in training camp.

GBLeaf

Feb 13, 2014
England, GB.
Liljegren
Sandin
Rosen
Rasanen
Durzi

Man, we need a few of these guys to be bonafide NHL D. And one or two of them to be legit top 4 NHL D.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Liljegren
Sandin
Rosen
Rasanen
Durzi

Man, we need a few of these guys to be bonafide NHL D. And one or two of them to be legit top 4 NHL D.

Could probably add Hollowell and possibly Gordeev to that list.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON

Next year AHL -

X-Lindgren
Gordeev-Durzi

Rasanen - KHL

Rosen - Promoted

My guess on what Dubas does in terms of Rasanen is trade him in a package for a roster upgrade.

The reasoning behind that is, Rasanen doesn't really fit the model that Dubas likes in terms of building a team. The big defensemen that aren't great skaters are likely to be moved on from. Desrocher, Nielsen, Mattinen & Middleton were all guys that were drafted prior to Dubas taking over the gig. And from all indications through interviews and the way he went through the first draft, he doesn't see high value in the big stay at home defenseman. I've specifically left off Greenway because I believe, that even though he's a bigger guy, he's an above average to very good skater.

Think about all of the guys that he has on the team or in the system, Dermott, Rielly, Gardiner, Sandin, Hollowell, Liljegren. Not one guy is really physical, but they can all skate and move the puck well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad