Mark Stone

kiable

Dec 15, 2014
Another guy showing the league that drive and scoring instinct are underated for forwards in this league. How he fell to the 6th round is bizarre, oh yeah...he can't skate well. He scored like crazy in junior had size but was almost ignored in the draft.

Play defense? Yeah you have to be a decent skater in the big leagues, for a forward? As long as you can get from zone to zone.
He went late in the draft cause of injuries in his draft year.

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
Gaudreau has been great for longer, a Calgary team that was considered to be more of a bottom feeder ends up being a really good team and he has been a huge part of that.

At this point Stone is in the conversation, which is saying alot though. It has been a dynamite year for rookies. It will be just as bad if Ekblad doesn't crack the top 3.

Thanks in large part to MacLean playing Stone on the 4th line. If MacLean had any idea what kind of talent he had on that team, he'd still be coaching :laugh:

Gordie07

Apr 5, 2012
Stone doesnt excite me

Too bad, he excites me.

Stone_zpsnvldvoc3.png

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Stone clearly has best cellies in the NHL.

Doesnt act like hes been there before. Cherry will hate him

HFpapi

Mar 6, 2010
Toronto/Amsterdam
The Sens had a 2% chance of making the playoffs, cue Mark Stone leading the NHL with 31 points since February (cant remember the exact day,) leads the league in takeaways, and 2 insanely clutch goals today. Nevermind the Calder, if we wanna go by the real definition of the award, he should garner Hart votes. And this is coming from a Leafs fan

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Gaudreau has been great for longer, a Calgary team that was considered to be more of a bottom feeder ends up being a really good team and he has been a huge part of that.

At this point Stone is in the conversation, which is saying alot though. It has been a dynamite year for rookies. It will be just as bad if Ekblad doesn't crack the top 3.

Predictions are often stupid.

In December, Ottawa pretty much was a bottom feeder.

oem1265

Jan 8, 2009
People from the US will vote for Gaudreau.

Take that to the bank, guaranty. This aint even close

and fact is Gaudreau deserves it. He transforms the Flames into an exciting team.

I wouldn't be surprised if you are right, but like I posted earlier, as a Flames fan my vote goes to Stone.

I just can't come up with a logical explanation as to why Gaudreau deserves it more than Stone does. More goals, leads the league in takeaways, great 2 way player.

I think Gaudreau will be the better player 3 years from now, but this season, Stone was the better player in my opinion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad