McKenzie: Mark Stone Mega-Thread Pt. 2 - Jets pursuing Stone, Ottawa working on contract extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Don't see how it skyrocketed. Probably a similar deal they got for Duchene, with more higher end prospects.

They likely just removed 2 of the biggest trade targets from the market? It doesn't make sense for Columbus to go all in and get Duchene as a rental and then turn around and trade away a better player in Panarin. With Panarin staying, that's a huge wing target off the market, increasing the value of Stone, who's the best one available.

Reactions: robertocarlos

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Ottawa should trade Stone to Dallas for a similar Duchene trade. Then Ottawa has a chance at two firsts from teams that could miss the playoffs lol

Unlikely either miss the playoffs, but you never know

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Stone is going to Nashville or Jets. Book it.

If it's the Jets, its going to be same or better return. I'm just guessing, but it COULD be:
Jets 1st, conditional first, Roslovic, Vesalainen

CaptBrannigan

Apr 5, 2006
Tampa
Think some need to pump the brakes a little on Stone here. Makes any contender the favorite? As good as ‘10 Kovalchuk? Trade deadline making some of you crazy. I don’t see how he’s the end all, be all that he’s seemingly grown into over the last few weeks of speculation.

Reactions: Snowman

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017

If it's the Jets, its going to be same or better return. I'm just guessing, but it COULD be:
Yeah that's an absolutely insane return. His value has gone up, but not that much lol.

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN

I don't see NSH emptying a somewhat thin cupboard and 2 firsts for a rental. Poile will probably look at lower tier guys.

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
They likely just removed 2 of the biggest trade targets from the market? It doesn't make sense for Columbus to go all in and get Duchene as a rental and then turn around and trade away a better player in Panarin. With Panarin staying, that's a huge wing target off the market, increasing the value of Stone, who's the best one available.
so what, 3 1sts and all A prospects?
IMO, He'll get a 1st, conditional 1st and 2 prospects that are considered better than what CBJ gave up.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Abramov and Davidsson isn't all that far off Appleton and Stanley. If both are C level prospects then so is Stanley, who you seem to value.

You will notice my comments were not directed at your last demand/suggestion, it was directed at some of the others demanding Laine or Vesalainen & Roslovic & 1st etc. Guys like Appleton & Stanley would be in play as I stated before, but nothing in the Duchene return is close to Roslovic or Vesalainen or Niku.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
For all the talk of Stone making a team an "instant cup favorite", it's weird how he only got 8 points in 19 games through that ECF run.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
You will notice my comments were not directed at your last demand/suggestion, it was directed at some of the others demanding Laine or Vesalainen & Roslovic & 1st etc. Guys like Appleton & Stanley would be in play as I stated before, but nothing in the Duchene return is close to Roslovic or Vesalainen or Niku.

Fair enough. There's not a lot of productive discussion on either side.

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
Jets first, 3rd, Roslovic and a b D prospect is what I'd expect Stone to go for.

Doubt the deal would include provisions for Stone resigning. Pure rental.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Abramov and Davidsson isn't all that far off Appleton and Stanley. If both are C level prospects then so is Stanley, who you seem to value.
Appleton is an NHLer who was an AHL first-team All-Star as a rookie last year. Davidsson was 6th round pick as a 20-year old. Stanley was a 1st rounder who has made very good strides as an AHL rookie. Appleton + Stanley >> Abramov + Davidsson, in my view.

Reactions: Snowman and Pongs21

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Ok so Duchene got 1st and 2 B prospects. And another 1st IF he re-signs.

I would think Stone would go for similar, but with better B prospects attached.

Are you suggesting Stone is better than Duchene? Because unless you're playing fantasy, C's are more valuable than wingers. I like Stone a lot, but don't think he'll return as big a haul - guess we'll see.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

That’s not even remotely similar to the Duchene return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad