McKenzie: Mark Stone Mega-Thread Pt. 2 - Jets pursuing Stone, Ottawa working on contract extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Shouldn't Ottawa give the Jets permission to begin discussing a contract with Stone?

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Arthur Fonzarelli said:
Zhamnov s correct. Salaries are on the rise & Ehlers at $6 million is a bargain basement price.

His contract is what every team in the league covets.

In addition no one has brought out the best of Wheeler & Scheifele than Ehlers has. When Maurice has them together it's one of the strongest in the NHL.

Not sure what he haas to do with Stone at the deadline. Ottawa's return from Winnipeg will be the three P's.

Pick, prospect and Petan.

I hope that's all WPG offers, because that would be beat easily by other teams. As a Blues fan, I'd give a lot more to keep him out of Nashville or WPG.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Shouldn't Ottawa give the Jets permission to begin discussing a contract with Stone?
No need. I'd bet the Jets are confident they could sign Stone long term, so no need to pay extra for contract considerations.

Reactions: Snowman

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Make an offer.

I'd probably offer more than most Blues fans, but I'd include any 2 prospects in the system not currently on the big roster (Kyrou, Blais, Bokk, Kostin, Perunovich, Mikkola), the obligatory 1st round pick (2020, since '19 belongs to Buffalo...which might help the 4-year rebuild in Ottawa), 2nd in '19, roster player (Fabbri/Sanford)...but only if Stone would be interested in signing an extension. If it's as a pure rental with Stone walking at season's end, there'd probably be no offer from STL, as Doug Armstrong has already alluded to as much.

Reactions: egelband

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Jets can sign Duchene for free this summer.

Oh, is he not eligible to sign a contract until then? And is he banned from doing so with any team besides the Jets? Thats a weird contract clause but it must be the case given the claim you just made

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Ottawa, what would it take from STL for a rental/signed Stone? What about Dzingel?
Dzingel would usually go for a first, given his play the last two years. His cap hit is low, any team could pick him up and wouldn't have to play around with the cap to bring him in. Given how many rentals are available right now, I'd guess a second and a decent prospect.

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Oh, is he not eligible to sign a contract until then? And is he banned from doing so with any team besides the Jets? Thats a weird contract clause but it must be the case given the claim you just made
That's OK. We've decided to sign McJesus this summer instead. He's good at hockey.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
.... Mckenzie rumor came out that Jets were probably after Stone... Stone reads.... new report... Ottawa is working on a contract extension.

Coincidence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad