McKenzie: Mark Stone Mega-Thread Pt. 2 - Jets pursuing Stone, Ottawa working on contract extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
Stone isn't worth what they are asking for him unless he is signed and I do not see that happening. I am hoping the Predators stay away from that kind of ask.

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
I don't think he fixes everything for us. There is a lot wrong with us looking under the surface of competing for 1st in the Central.

You and the Jets both it seems, although I can't imagine the Preds looking as bad as the Jets have the last few months

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
1st, B prospect and C prospect - not a huge haul.
Vesalainen is in a completely different tier of prospects than those guys. So I still don't see him moving for a rental, just as 99% of rentals before didn't return a prospect of that caliber.

Prospects with top 6 projections who are almost NHL ready rarely get traded and even more rarely is it for a rental.

Reactions: Snowman

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN
As a preds fan, I only have interest in Stone if we can resign him. I hate our team this year for whatever reason. I feel no confidence going for broke for a pure rental.

Well, our team has gone long stints with Arvidsson, Forsberg, Turris and Subban on IR. Top 6 has played under 20 games together as a unit and we're sitting in first in the division. It could be worse.
Agree on the rental part.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
You and the Jets both it seems, although I can't imagine the Preds looking as bad as the Jets have the last few months

I can agree that we have looked terrible lately.
If we mortgage our future for a 20 day rental our window to win a cup in the next few years may be much smaller.

Stone however is a great player but not a center that we need.

Chevy may just go after Kevin Hayes instead which is probably the smarter choice right now for us and our future.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Are you suggesting Stone is better than Duchene? Because unless you're playing fantasy, C's are more valuable than wingers. I like Stone a lot, but don't think he'll return as big a haul - guess we'll see.

People like Lebrun and McKenzie who talk daily with NHL executives have concluded that Stone is the most valuable rental. They've talked about this in multiple radio spots. They put Stone+Panarin neck and neck ahead of Duchene.

Stone should get a better return than Duchene. I don't think it'll be drastically better, but with Panarin and Duchene both apparently off the market, along with the possibility of a bidding war between CGY, WPG, and NSH, I don't think it's logical to assume Stone will attract a lesser return than Duchene.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
I think Mark Stone goes to the Blue Jackets, the Jackets trade Sergei Bobrovsky and Artemi Panarin and use those assets on Mark Stone, Ryan Dzingel and Craig Anderson.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
hqdefault.jpg

Reactions: goku420
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad