Recalled/Assigned: Marincin Recalled... Official. Pinnizotto to OKC

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
well I'm kind of bummed that he's not actually coming. We'll see. Maybe he's coming up after Nurse goes back down. Probably Klef though.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I'm sure its both. Regarding that, you would think anybody on the bench would at least 1)notice it 2) yell at the guy that Boedker slipped behind him, considering they were both near the oilers bench.

How do you know that wasnt the case? Were you there behind the bench? Do you really think that 16 players along with Ramsey, Acton and Eakins were ok with that play. I seriously doubt it.

A lot of assumptions.

Ramsay may be the defence and PP coach, but Eakins has the final say regardless.

Well Ramsey is the most experienced coach on this staff. Eakin may have the final say but Ramseys influence is clearly there.
If I am Eakins I am trusting Ramseys judgment more often than not.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Oh there's a system.

It's just not a very good one.

That may well be according to the results but neither was Qunns, Renneys or Krugers. Defensive blunders have become this teams signature.

At some point the lack of execution at least has to be considered before blaming the system.

I would really like a reporter to ask Eakins what system they are trying to get the players to execute.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
That may well be according to the results but neither was Qunns, Renneys or Krugers. Defensive blunders have become this teams signature.

At some point the lack of execution at least has to be considered before blaming the system.

I would really like a reporter to ask Eakins what system they are trying to get the players to execute.

Yeah but it's never been THIS bad. This team is actually looking worse than Quinn's team.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
How do you know that wasnt the case? Were you there behind the bench? Do you really think that 16 players along with Ramsey, Acton and Eakins were ok with that play. I seriously doubt it.

A lot of assumptions.

Well Ramsey is the most experienced coach on this staff. Eakin may have the final say but Ramseys influence is clearly there.
If I am Eakins I am trusting Ramseys judgment more often than not.

Now I never said I was behind the bench? But its a thought that the team could have said something, when it happened. Yeah well, you're not Eakins so there's no point about it.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Hunt and Ference to the AHL. Marincin and Klefbom on the team. Nikitin in the PB.

Marincin - Petry
Klefbom - Fayne
Nurse - Schultz (soft minutes, or switch Fayne and Schultz)

Roll with this for the next 4-5 games. If Nurse doesn't appear ready, send him down to junior and put in Nikitin. Bring up Ference as the 7th D in the PB.

Can't possibly be worse than the **** shows against L.A. and Arizona. Of course, terrible systems from the mighty Eakins has a lot to do with that, as well.

Or maybe I'm losing it, so just call me crazy.

I know this is more just wishful thinking then anything, but I'm just going to point out that we gave Ference a no-movement clause so unless he ok'd being sent down to the AHL we couldn't do that to him.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Yeah but it's never been THIS bad. This team is actually looking worse than Quinn's team.

I dont about that but clearly its pretty bad.

The team is way too tight.
Stupid mistakes happen when you play nervous. This team has been so bad for so long that they have to overcome the inertia of losing for almost 10 years. Thats a lot to overcome.

I honestly dont know what will turn this around at this point....I suspect more experienced NHL-ers would really help.

I would target a player like Brodziak to start and send Draisaitl down. Recalling Marinicn and sending down Nurse would be my next move. Then I would look at moving some prospects and a 5/6 dman to get another upgrade on defence.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Now I never said I was behind the bench? But its a thought that the team could have said something, when it happened. Yeah well, you're not Eakins so there's no point about it.

You seemed to know for sure that nobody said anything to Petry so aside from being behind the bench how would you know that for sure?

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
You seemed to know for sure that nobody said anything to Petry so aside from being behind the bench how would you know that for sure?

I said its a thought. Do you have to repeat the same questions just to ensure that you think you're right?

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Ah...its a thought.

Okay then.

I still dont think its very likely but there clearly are issues.

I don't disagree with the issues at all. I personally want to see any oilers media simply ask a question to Eakins or Ramsay regarding the system they're even trying to use.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I dont about that but clearly its pretty bad.

The team is way too tight.
Stupid mistakes happen when you play nervous. This team has been so bad for so long that they have to overcome the inertia of losing for almost 10 years. Thats a lot to overcome.

I honestly dont know what will turn this around at this point....I suspect more experienced NHL-ers would really help.

I would target a player like Brodziak to start and send Draisaitl down. Recalling Marinicn and sending down Nurse would be my next move. Then I would look at moving some prospects and a 5/6 dman to get another upgrade on defence.

Every game there's at least one goal where a player was left wide open in the slot. My dad was telling me that was one of the first things he learned as kid when he played hockey. If one defenseman was behind the net the other better damn well be in front of it. I don't think Eakins' "system" involves so many braindead plays but the fact it keeps happening...

With all that said, the blame doesn't fall squarely on Eakins or the players. It lies with management and how they set this team up to fail by sending down one of their best d-men (meanwhile keeping Hunt for reasons I really can't fathom), having only 2 legit NHL centers (LA probably has at least 5), and pumping the team up instead of tempering expectations. (I.E the Justin Norris comments)

At the very least Tambo tried to fill holes, I have no idea WTF MacT is doing or thinking. And the longer he sits there in his throne doing nothing the worse this is going to get. We all know he's not going to fire himself, nor will Katz fire Lowe but something has to give.

Like, does anyone feasibly see this team not losing tomorrow's game when they were already outclassed once by Vancouver?

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I don't disagree with the issues at all. I personally want to see any oilers media simply ask a question to Eakins or Ramsay regarding the system they're even trying to use.

I am really perplexed why this hasnt come up during the scrums. At least if it has I certainly havent heard anything about it.

If it was me I would want to know 2 things from this coaching staff...what system are you running and why aren't you icing the best team based on experience?

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Every game there's at least one goal where a player was left wide open in the slot. My dad was telling me that was one of the first things he learned as kid when he played hockey. If one defenseman was behind the net the other better damn well be in front of it. I don't think Eakins' "system" involves so many braindead plays but the fact it keeps happening...

With all that said, the blame doesn't fall squarely on Eakins or the players. It lies with management and how they set this team up to fail by sending down one of their best d-men (meanwhile keeping Hunt for reasons I really can't fathom), having only 2 legit NHL centers (LA probably has at least 5), and pumping the team up instead of tempering expectations. (I.E the Justin Norris comments)

At the very least Tambo tried to fill holes, I have no idea WTF MacT is doing or thinking. And the longer he sits there in his throne doing nothing the worse this is going to get. We all know he's not going to fire himself, nor will Katz fire Lowe but something has to give.

Like, does anyone feasibly see this team not losing tomorrow's game when they were already outclassed once by Vancouver?

Nucks, bolts, habs, canes, habs, preds, and nucks again. Realistically, I see them taking one of the two nuck games, and a win against the canes/preds. But we know the oilers.. so meh.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I am really perplexed why this hasnt come up during the scrums. At least if it has I certainly havent heard anything about it.

If it was me I would want to know 2 things from this coaching staff...what system are you running and why aren't you icing the best team based on experience?

I haven't heard anything about it either. It has been mentioned from fans on ched, but that's all I've been hearing. They have been making questionable moves with little answers from it. Damn mess.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

I think this is due to the players being too tight and playing afraid to lose. I think it restricts their ability to make good decisions because they are close to panic mode.

I say this because of 2 reasons...the plays are so basic and so glaringly obvious. Players who normally dont make these massive mistakes are doing it with regularity. How many times have you seen Scrivens mishandle the puck and he has done it at least 4 times in 3 games. Fayne has looked terrible defensively (a little better yesterday) missing assignments and being out of position. 2 things he just doesnt do and so far its been a habit.

Just 2 examples but the team as a whole is clearly not playing loose and with confidence.

I agree with this.
Even though MacT has turned over more than half the roster there still isnt enough legit NHL experience at centre and on defence. I like what he has done (am I probably in the minority here) but I think that more experience in those areas would be a step in the right direction.

Draisaitl and Nurse should not be here.

I am happy to see Marincin recalled.

Last edited:

Connor McOilers

We have the precious
Feb 16, 2013
Hey, we just cut him, and this is crazy, but (Sadly) he's one of our best defensemen, so recall him for real maybe?

rasarhdasd

Apr 12, 2013
Jason Gregor @JasonGregor · 1h 1 hour ago
@Oilersin4 @JonathanWillis @CopperandBlue @TSNRyanRishaug It will be official tomorrow. Paperwork, cap related.

He'll be here.

Connor McOilers

We have the precious
Feb 16, 2013
I'm digging your name and picture. :laugh:

Thanks, formerly Samwise Gagner but after last night a change was needed, seemed relevant.

On topic though if they recall Klef or anyone else before Marincin, that's a paddlin'. No disrespect to Klef but the fact that we have a guy who's already shown to be better than most of our current line up in the minors is just so Oilers.

Edit- So it's legit now? Congrats Oilers organization, you've learned to put 2 and 2 together.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
I know this is more just wishful thinking then anything, but I'm just going to point out that we gave Ference a no-movement clause so unless he ok'd being sent down to the AHL we couldn't do that to him.

Pressbox it is, then. Or maybe Boston would take him back. They haven't won the 'Cup since they let him go. Coincidence!?! :sarcasm:

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I haven't heard anything about it either. It has been mentioned from fans on ched, but that's all I've been hearing. They have been making questionable moves with little answers from it. Damn mess.

Indeed.

I think the fans deserve a little transparency.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad