Recalled/Assigned: Marincin Recalled... Official. Pinnizotto to OKC

Oilception

Oct 11, 2012
St. Albert
Marincin Petry
Nikitin Fayne
Klefbom/Nurse Schultz

Press box - Ference

Ference IMO has been easily our worst defenceman this year and he needs to be sat. I could couldnt care less that he is the captain bench his ass

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
I assume he's been recalled to watch the game from the pressbox because Fitness!

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
These pairings are infinitely better on paper than last years pairings. How is it possible that our D is just as bad? Boggles the mind.

Taken from the line combo thread this time last year:
N.Schultz / Ference - weaker
Smid / Petry - wash
J.Schultz / Belov - much weaker just because of Marincin over Belov

Simple. Its the SWARM system.

Can we send down Hunt and Nurse, recall Klefbom, and freakin' bench Ference already? The captain has been absolutely abysmal thus far.

They won't bench Ference. He's the captain, lololol. Strip the C of him and give it to the man who deserves it in Hall already. Could care less what Ference does off the ice, when he can't translate anything good on the ice in the first place.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Marincin Petry
Nikitin Fayne
Klefbom/Nurse Schultz

Press box - Ference

Ference IMO has been easily our worst defenceman this year and he needs to be sat. I could couldnt care less that he is the captain bench his ass

Agreed but won't happen. Him and Eakins run marathons together and probably comb each others hair every Friday night

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Maybe Petry's traded and that's why we haven't heard anything from the Oilers about sending someone down.

Just spitballing

PinSeeker

Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Hopefully this means nurse back to JR

I don't know about this honestly... I love the kids battle.
To be fair though, I haven't analyzed whether he has been the culprit on many GA as I did not watch last night - has he been?

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
To be fair though, I haven't analyzed whether he has been the culprit on many GA as I did not watch last night - has he been?

His battle is what is getting him into trouble imo. He's too aggressive out there. Doesn't take enough time to size up the situation. He's not ready for prime time yet.

No shame in that. Few 19 year old d-men are.

Horseradish

Dec 9, 2005
London, ON

Is it in the player or organization's long term interest to keep him up? I would say absolutely not on both counts.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
His battle is what is getting him into trouble imo. He's too aggressive out there. Doesn't take enough time to size up the situation. He's not ready for prime time yet.

No shame in that. Few 19 year old d-men are.

This. Another year in juniors + suiting up for Canada at the WJC will do him wonders.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Nurse has shown very well for his age. (ad nauseum) wish he could play in the A.

UglyStupidAds

Sep 17, 2005
Edmonton
Hallelujah! Praise the Triumverate (Lowe-MacT-Eakins) for their eventual wisdom.

I don't have an issue with Hunt being in the lineup to be a PP wizard. There's no question his shot from the point is an effective weapon. However if he's playing more than 13 minutes at evens and more than 0 minutes SH then he isn't being used effectively.

At this point I would be rotating him and Ference in and out of the lineups, like this:

Marincin - Petry
Nikitin - Fayne
Ference/Hunt - Schultz SOFT MINUTES

If Nikitin is in actuality still hurting then he can sit the odd game and Ference takes his spot.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
so the Oilers are righting a wrong that should've never happend

Marincin-Petry
Nitikin-Fayne
Ference-Schultz

Ference could use a healthy scratch or two but that won't happen..

its simple

PinSeeker

Aug 22, 2005
YLW
It is simply frustrating that the guy showing the most moxie is a raw rookie where Ference poops his trousers every 5 shifts and Petry has the awareness of a walnut.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
so the Oilers are righting a wrong that should've never happend

Marincin-Petry
Nitikin-Fayne
Ference-Schultz

Ference could use a healthy scratch or two but that won't happen..

its simple

Nikitin is about the only weak point in that equation. Unless he turns things around he certainly looks like a bit of a failed experiment.

UncleRJ

Sep 26, 2007
Bachman and Pinizzotto aren't on there either so he must have been recalled.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad