Recalled/Assigned: Marincin Recalled... Official. Pinnizotto to OKC

knockoutpanda

Oilers Fan
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
For crying out loud. Less than two weeks after the Tkachev eff up?!

I've given MacT every benefit of the doubt but c'mon man, enough with these bush league CBA infractions every week. Christ. This has been an ongoing theme of this team since the cap came into play in the first place.

Calm down it wasn't even the Oilers fault it was an "off" day for them so they probably could not send any one down.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
For crying out loud. Less than two weeks after the Tkachev eff up?!

I've given MacT every benefit of the doubt but c'mon man, enough with these bush league CBA infractions every week. Christ. This has been an ongoing theme of this team since the cap came into play in the first place.

Did I miss something? Why are we assuming we messed up? If they are just putting in the paperwork a day later to save some money on the cap, so we can keep the capspace to possibly add that center we know we need, what's the problem? The bottomline for me is as long as we can get him into play the next game I don't really care when the paper transaction gets done.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
It might be worse than when Tamby was here. At least he didn't have the team this close to the cap with several long term contracts.

Tambo had a different mandate of divesting contracts for the tank rebuild.

Mact is throwing money around foolishly to try and accelerate everything, but his fondness for overpaying for wingers and inability to identify defensive talent is going cripple the franchise regarding the cap if it keeps up.

popo

Aug 9, 2005

Mact is throwing money around foolishly to try and accelerate everything, but his fondness for overpaying for wingers and inability to identify defensive talent is going cripple the franchise regarding the cap if it keeps up.

Yah, even if we get a regime change in the near future, the next manager will have their hands tied for a couple years with bad contracts.
Throwing money around made MacTavish look smart. He was adding depth, improving the roster, and doing exactly what everyone here was demanding. Adding a defensive center (Gordon), vetern defenseman (Ference), PP QB (Schultz), bottom six scoring depth (Pouliot), help on defense (Fayne, Nikitin).
Even in trades he was able to find teams looking for some cap relief and pick up good players for small returns (Fasth, Scrivens, Purcell, Perron, Hendricks).
I don't know how we'd look without all this roster turnover. One would think - much worse. And yet we sit in last place. We probably have the most expensive 4th line in hockey, and already I'm a bit concerned about being weighed down by the length of the Ference, Pouliot, deals and even huge overpayment on Nikitin.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
We don't even know if the Oilers screwed up. They never officially announced it.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
Oilers just announced it on Twitter.

Marincin to Edmonton, Pinnizotto to OKC, Nurse to the Soo.

Thank God they got Nurse away from this sinking ship.

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
Elliotte Friedman @FriedgeHNIC · 4m 4 minutes ago
EDM will send Nurse to junior and Pinizzotto to AHL, I think

Elliotte Friedman @FriedgeHNIC · 2m 2 minutes ago
No doubt Nurse will be disappointed. But it is the right move at this time. Really like his game and future

Crobby

Sep 14, 2009
When Nurse's time up here consists of press-box time and getting owned by better teams its probaby for the best.

Glad Marincin is back, wish Pinnizotto stayed up though

Last edited:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
WTF? Pinizzotto sent down? I guess we're all good with our guys being crash test dummies out there. ****ing joke of a coach and GM.

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything
Who would you pull out of the lineup for a guy who can do nothing but fight? Keep in mind the Hendricks-Gordon-Joensuu line is matching up against the opposition's best and taking all the defensive zone minutes...and Hendricks is every bit as useful an enforcer as Pinnizotto.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Who would you pull out of the lineup for a guy who can do nothing but fight? Keep in mind the Hendricks-Gordon-Joensuu line is matching up against the opposition's best and taking all the defensive zone minutes...and Hendricks is every bit as useful an enforcer as Pinnizotto.

Joensuu. At least for games where we play teams that like to rough up our top players. Alternate them depending on the opponent. Joensuu's play IMO is already starting to taper off again.

If we don't send a message back to the Canucks and the league for that matter that if they run our guys we will run theirs it won't matter who will be on the 4th line once RNH and Hall are gone for significant amounts of games.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I would have liked a Hendricks-Gordon-Pinner 4th line as well.

Joensuu hasn't been **** so far... but why not put a guy in with some punch in his game... vs his former team no less... plus who obviously has a bit of a chip on his shoulder to show he CAN play in the NHL after having a solid training camp.

Its not like you have to sit Joensuu for the next 78 games or something... AND there is such a thing as tailoring your lineup to suit the opponent. Hard to argue that Pinizzotto wouln't be a good addition to the lineup vs the greaseball scummy Nucks.

knockoutpanda

Oilers Fan
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton

I have really liked the Hendricks-Gordon-Joensuu line they have been moving the puck from the defensive zone to offence more often than not.

Pinnizotto isn't doing anything to stop Hammhuis hitting RNH unless you strap him onto RNH.

This team needs to stand up for itself a single player isn't going to bring that change.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
WTF? Pinizzotto sent down? I guess we're all good with our guys being crash test dummies out there. ****ing joke of a coach and GM.

I can't ****ing believe it. Game against the **** head Canucks and we send Pinner down. Can't wait to see Acton throw his weight out there. ****ing garbage organization.

Last edited:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I have really liked the Hendricks-Gordon-Joensuu line they have been moving the puck from the defensive zone to offence more often than not.

Pinnizotto isn't doing anything to stop Hammhuis hitting RNH unless you strap him onto RNH.

This team needs to stand up for itself a single player isn't going to bring that change.

Well, we'll see if our top guys aren't roughed up since RNH stood up for himself last game.

You're right, one player won't change that, that's why I want to see Pinizzotto along with Hendricks out there, that would be one more guy that can hit and fight than what we have. Pouliot hasn't been all that damn physical either, this might be a good time for him and Ference to dust the cobwebs from their knuckles.

I can't ****ing believe it. Game against the **** head Canucks and we send Pinner down. Can't wait to see Acton throw is weight out there. ****ing garbage organization.

Agreed, it's horse ****. Acton looked real tough in his last fight. Kid is willing but he is far from able. The sad thing is that Acton getting one punched would probably hit the coaching staff harder than the same happening to RNH or Hall.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I like Pinnizotto and his play and agree he should've stayed on board.

...That being said, toughness doesn't come from one guy. It comes from the entire team. Vancouver is no LA, Boston, San Jose, etc... This should show us that you don't need to be big to be physical. If you finish every check (And the Oilers do not) that turns the tides and sends a message to the other team. We saw Yak lay someone out as recently as last game and even Eberle and RNH have thrown the odd guy down.

The Sedins would salivate at the prospect of someone like Pinnizotto on the other side of the ice. But if you teach RNH, Eberle, Yak, and Hall to finish their checks at every given occasion, that's more than enough.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton

We may need Tamby back here in a couple years to clean up the mess Mactavish is making now.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Finally. Now if only we could get Ference sitting watching while Klefbom plays....

well...yes and no.

I want Klef in too but if Ference is ragdolling people and actually providing on-ice physical leadership....well that's something Klefbom probably won't do as consistently.

Without some sort of gritty leadership Ference shouldn't even be on the team....with it he should probably get a lions share of the games over Klefbom.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad