Recalled/Assigned: Marincin Recalled... Official. Pinnizotto to OKC

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
twitter just said the AHL link was removed?

Yup, just checked the original link posted.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Hunt and Ference to the AHL. Marincin and Klefbom on the team. Nikitin in the PB.

Marincin - Petry
Klefbom - Fayne
Nurse - Schultz (soft minutes, or switch Fayne and Schultz)

Roll with this for the next 4-5 games. If Nurse doesn't appear ready, send him down to junior and put in Nikitin. Bring up Ference as the 7th D in the PB.

Can't possibly be worse than the **** shows against L.A. and Arizona. Of course, terrible systems from the mighty Eakins has a lot to do with that, as well.

Or maybe I'm losing it, so just call me crazy.

UncleRJ

Sep 26, 2007
twitter just said the AHL link was removed?

Yup, just checked the original link posted.

Neither Bachman's nor Pinizzotto's recalls show up there either so it doesn't mean too much. Looks like the AHL transactions are only for additions into the AHL. Recalls to the NHL or demotions to the ECHL don't show up.

Last edited:

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
Nikitin is about the only weak point in that equation. Unless he turns things around he certainly looks like a bit of a failed experiment.

Ference says hi. He's been far worse than Nikitin. I want the captains butt pressboxed. Get Klefbom and Marincin in there. They can't be worse. Let Nurse settle down and Ference eat pop corn for a few.

peto10

Sep 29, 2011
Slovakia
Neither Bachman's nor Pinizzotto's recalls show up there either so it doesn't mean too much. Looks like the AHL transactions are only for additions into the AHL. Recalls to the NHL or demotions to the ECHL don't show up.

damn, sorry for false alarm, I thought that ahl.com is reliable source :shakehead

Master Lok

Jul 31, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Marincin Petry
Nikitin Fayne
Klefbom/Nurse Schultz

Press box - Ference

Ference IMO has been easily our worst defenceman this year and he needs to be sat. I could couldnt care less that he is the captain bench his ass

What games have you been watching?

Apparently you haven't noticed Schultz standing around on defense or turning over the puck again and again in the neutral zone.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
damn, sorry for false alarm, I thought that ahl.com is reliable source :shakehead

I don't think you're wrong about Marincin being called up. There's a CBA rule regarding "off days" for all purposes. Maybe it relates to that? -shrugs- Another cba rule missed by oilers brass. Impressive work, mact and crew :facepalm:

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I don't think you're wrong about Marincin being called up. There's a CBA rule regarding "off days" for all purposes. Maybe it relates to that? -shrugs- Another cba rule missed by oilers brass. Impressive work, mact and crew :facepalm:

To be fair this was an AHL announcement not an Oilers announcement.

I have seen no official announcement from the team.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
It sure looks like it. Wide open men for goals along with laughable pictures of the defense with it.

Do you really think that the team is actually executing a system.

Looks to me like a lack of execution is a pretty obvious issue.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Do you really think that the team is actually executing a system.

Looks to me like a lack of execution is a pretty obvious issue.

I see a team that's not executing a system and a system that's not working. Its a mess on both sides tbh.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
You and everybody else (including me) dont know what the system is.

How do you know that its a system problem?

That's the problem. What system are they even trying to use? Whatever it is, its not working with the players. The constant pinch by the D that have lead to many 2on1's, how two d leaves a wide opponent right in front for a goal. Playing Schultz 20+ minutes every game so far, and he's one of the worst defensive players on the team. Scratching Petry for Hunt's "PP" when he's bad on ES.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Per the Score - Oilers confirm they have not recalled defenceman Martin Marincin.

"The Oilers finally move to fix one of their painfully obvious mistakes... lol jk"

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
That's the problem. What system are they even trying to use? Whatever it is, its not working with the players. The constant pinch by the D that have lead to many 2on1's, how two d leaves a wide opponent right in front for a goal. Playing Schultz 20+ minutes every game so far, and he's one of the worst defensive players on the team. Scratching Petry for Hunt's "PP" when he's bad on ES.

Well..how do you know for sure its the system or the lack of execution? Petry playing at red line and letting a player get behind him on the PK is but one example. I have a hard time believing that the coaches wanted Petry to play that scenario the way he did.

Also...scratching Petry has noting to do with the system but (from what the team has said) it was about improving the PP with Hunts shot. i dont think the payoff was worth it but Ramsey clearly did.

People tend to forget that the defence and PP is coached by Ramsey.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Well..how do you know for sure its the system or the lack of execution? Petry playing at red line and letting a player get behind him on the PK is but one example. I have a hard time believing that the coaches wanted Petry to play that scenario the way he did.

Also...scratching Petry has noting to do with the system but (from what the team has said) it was about improving the PP with Hunts shot. i dont think the payoff was worth it but Ramsey clearly did.

People tend to forget that the defence and PP is coached by Ramsey.

I'm sure its both. Regarding that, you would think anybody on the bench would at least 1)notice it 2) yell at the guy that Boedker slipped behind him, considering they were both near the oilers bench.
Ramsay may be the defence and PP coach, but Eakins has the final say regardless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad