Recalled/Assigned: Marincin Recalled... Official. Pinnizotto to OKC

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Oilers management 2 weeks and 4 games behind the average dough head fan.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Oilers management 2 weeks and 4 games behind the average dough head fan.

Pretty much. Everybody and their dog knew who this teams 6 d-men should be going into the year and all the way through camp. Four disastrous games in and Dallas Eakins has outsmarted no one but himself.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
I do wonder how the team would have fared so far if we had Marincin and Klefbom playing and Nikitin and Ference sitting, with Schultz having far fewer minutes.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Strange that the Oilers themselves haven't said anything yet.
I can't imagine how embarrassed these morons were that they were wrong about this decision and how much damage it created. Ideas much look so much better to them in their own heads. Just hoping nobody notices when they slip him back into the lineup, I guess.

I'm guessing we see a whole lot of silence from this organization this year. More than usual.

PumpkinBombX

Jan 29, 2009
This one's on MacT right?

It's the GM who controls who's on the opening day rosters and all assignments. not the coach correct?

I'm hoping as part of Hunt's contract that they offered him a "shot", and sent down their waiver exempt players.

I have a buddy who played in the AHL, and after his entry level deal was done, and he re-signed a 2 way contract, while it was never explicitly in his contract, he was promised a legitimate change to make the team, and he got 5 games at the start of the year, and never played another nhl game ever again.

I hope this was the case, and they weren't just being dumb, but maybe i'm giving them too much credit?

Either way, Marincin belongs on the team. Klefbom, i'm torn about as i think he should play a lot of minutes which he can do in the AHL. Nurse probably should get sent down for the same reason, but i do like his nasty elements he brings.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
This one's on MacT right?

It's the GM who controls who's on the opening day rosters and all assignments. not the coach correct?

I'm hoping as part of Hunt's contract that they offered him a "shot", and sent down their waiver exempt players.

I have a buddy who played in the AHL, and after his entry level deal was done, and he re-signed a 2 way contract, while it was never explicitly in his contract, he was promised a legitimate change to make the team, and he got 5 games at the start of the year, and never played another nhl game ever again.

I hope this was the case, and they weren't just being dumb, but maybe i'm giving them too much credit?

Either way, Marincin belongs on the team. Klefbom, i'm torn about as i think he should play a lot of minutes which he can do in the AHL. Nurse probably should get sent down for the same reason, but i do like his nasty elements he brings.

Sometimes it is the GM and sometimes it is the coach. I'm fairly certain that it's both and they can have different kinds of motives. It could have been MacT who wanted to sit Petry (if there was a trade that almost happened), but imo it would be on Eakins to choose who makes the team out of camp. It's the coach who evaluates the players.

I'm just happy that Marincin is back. If Eakins is smart he'll reunite the Marincin-Petry pairing and give them the most ES minutes.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Smart move, good job Oilers!

That's how this works right? Ignore that they created the problem and give them praise when they correct it. Kind of like how we should praise Eakins for Yak playing better this year after Eakins spent the entirety of last year tearing him down for no good reason.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I'm surprised the oilers twitter hasn't said anything yet. Oh well. Shouldn't have sent him down in the first place. #ThingsEakinsdoes

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Fayne-Nikitin
Petry-Ference
Schultz-Marincin

These pairings are infinitely better on paper than last years pairings. How is it possible that our D is just as bad? Boggles the mind.

Taken from the line combo thread this time last year:
N.Schultz / Ference - weaker
Smid / Petry - wash
J.Schultz / Belov - much weaker just because of Marincin over Belov

gqmixmaster

Jun 1, 2006
Maybe Petry is getting moved before tomorrow or someone maybe was injured who played D last night.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
lol Nikitin should not be playing top pairing minutes. Petry and Marincin did that last year maybe they can do it again

As long as I don't see Schultz having the most minutes like the game against the yotes, I'll be happy. Keep Ference on the bottom pairing as well. He reeks.

Horseradish

Dec 9, 2005
London, ON
Can we send down Hunt and Nurse, recall Klefbom, and freakin' bench Ference already? The captain has been absolutely abysmal thus far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad