Rumor: Marinaro: Philip Danault turned down $5M/6 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
lol looks like I was spot on.

Lot of folks ITT looking veryyyy dumb right now. Danault is a top 6 C, should be a selke finalist this year, and people ITT wouldn't have traded a bag of pucks for him lmao.

The only person looking very dumb rn is you. He’s lost a lot of value this year.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Everyone is talking about RNH and Danault when there's a perfectly good Krejci being slept on. Boston has shown they want to get younger so I doubt they offer him too much to stay.

Still a great offensive player and very good in the playoffs.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
i for one have no problem giving danault six years and 5 million . his point production is much better in the second half and nite in nite out hes playing against the leagues best . its gonna take kk and suzuki 3/4 years to get near their prime . at that point danault can anchor a checking line . who is gonna take those minutes now ? what is the cost of a replacement ? who is that replacement ?

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
By being the Habs 1C and leading one of the best forward lines in the league? Hm, interesting:
What line are you referring to as “one the best forward lines in the league?” :laugh:

Because last time that I checked there’s only 2 Habs player in the NHL top 100 leaders in point and one of them is a D (Petry)... While playing in the wide open Canadian division.

The Habs don’t have one of the best forward lines in the league. Stop being delusional.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jackpot Jaret

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
What line are you referring to as “one the best forward lines in the league?” :laugh:

Because last time that I checked there’s only 2 Habs player in the NHL top 100 leaders in point and one of them is a D (Petry)... While playing in the wide open Canadian division.

The Habs don’t have one of the best forward lines in the league. Stop being delusional.
the line of tatar danaault and gallagher has been one of the better 5 vs 5 lines for the past three years now . are you just coming out of a coma or something .

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
lets also not forget who was beating who last year in the bubble . this habs team is much better than they were than .

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018

I can't debate someone who judges how good a player is by their points.

Danault's play-driving is all the more impressive when he's started 60% of the time this season in his own defensive zone.

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
the line of tatar danaault and gallagher has been one of the better 5 vs 5 lines for the past three years now . are you just coming out of a coma or something .

A low-event line with good xGF is something you want for your shutdown/checking line, not a top line. You need your top line to get your goals, something Danault's line clearly isn't doing well enough.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
The only person looking very dumb rn is you. He’s lost a lot of value this year.
If he's lost that much value, then he'll for sure be resigned by the Habs.

Anything under 6M and he'll be back in a Habs sweater. So the other 31 teams will probably need to offer something like 6.5/7 M a year to get him out of MTL.

I personnally think they won,t protect Drouin, and thet will easilly be SEA's choixe from MTl if that's the case, and go

Tatar
Danault
Toffoli
KK
Anderson
Gallagher
Evans

and that 5.5M$ freed up will be split between Tatar and Danault.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
A low-event line with good xGF is something you want for your shutdown/checking line, not a top line. You need your top line to get your goals, something Danault's line clearly isn't doing well enough.
well why dont you call it a checking line than . they play head to head matchups against the other teams top lines every night . it just so happens that last year thr right winger on the line would have put up his third straight 30 goal season if it wasnt for covid . the left winger was close to a point a game pace ( 61 in 68 ) and the center is arguably the games best checking center . yous can call it what you like . i call it great and look forward to them in the playoffs

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

This guy turned down very good money because Mackinnon complimented him on a podcast.
That is hilarious

"Did you hear what Makinnon thinks of me, I deserve more"
depends o which version you here . its been said in the last couple pages that was the players offer to bergevin . the way hes playing roght now id give it to him .

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
He is going to regret declining that

I thought he doesn’t want to be a checking line center?

in Montreal that’s what it looks like he will be.
Who in the league doesn’t have a 1 or 2 center now or potentially in the near future from drsfted players?

teams that jump out to me

Boston to replace krejci
Washington to replace backstrum
Rangers to fill void when Strome/Zibs leave
Chicago as a replacement for Toews
Minnesota for a vet center in a 1/2 role

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad