Rumor: Marinaro: Philip Danault turned down $5M/6 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Habs wouldn't be able to pay what Monahan is worth to the Flames and, honestly, don't need him...Bennett + Kylington for Danault

Why are Habs trading Danault for a kid that wants a top6 role (and isn't better than what we have) who's a bust and an AHL d-man?

Reactions: YP44

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Habs wouldn't be able to pay what Monahan is worth to the Flames and, honestly, don't need him...Bennett + Kylington for Danault

Flames should jump all over that. Haven't played Kylington in a year and he is obviously not part of managements plans as they keep bringing in guys ahead of him. So redundant player plus guy who has asked for a deal for Danault is a home run for the Flames. Don't see why the Habs do it.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
I'm a Danault fan and I've defended him against the more unhinged portion of Habs fans on HF but, if this is true, it's a bad gamble on Danault's part. He truly is having a tough start to the season and doesn't look like his former self. At this rate he'll have to accept a bridge deal of sorts.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I'm a Danault fan and I've defended him against the more unhinged portion of Habs fans on HF but, if this is true, it's a bad gamble on Danault's part. He truly is having a tough start to the season and doesn't look like his former self. At this rate he'll have to accept a bridge deal of sorts.

he does not have to accept a bridge deal as he is a UFA and can walk

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
would have to be RFA to sign a bridge deal. would just be a short term deal. thats all

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Why are Habs trading Danault for a kid that wants a top6 role (and isn't better than what we have) who's a bust and an AHL d-man?

Flames should jump all over that. Haven't played Kylington in a year and he is obviously not part of managements plans as they keep bringing in guys ahead of him. So redundant player plus guy who has asked for a deal for Danault is a home run for the Flames. Don't see why the Habs do it.

Kylington is just an add, Bergevin loves his #6-7-8-9 Dmen; the reason I believe Bennett would help the Habs is his physicality, his drive, his "crash through the wall" attitude that the Habs are missing...and Danault has been shyte this year, offensively and defensively...he's providing absolutely nothing except the same thing Desharnais was when he was a Hab; being the coach's pet...he's playing like he wants out so grant him his wish and at least get a guy who wants to play, plays with his heart on his sleeve, and has been a better player this regular season...

Reactions: YP44

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
If this is true.....this is real life Dumb and Dumber

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
He's just tanking his value so that he can be more affordable for Colorado to acquire and extend at the deadline :sarcasm:
Habs will get him re-signed at a significant discount. Danault will then regain his offense and all is well in the world!

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
I think Danault signs in Ottawa this offseason

Which other team has

-The cap space
-A top two line center spot

?

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Danault seems like a good fit for Minnesota, especially if he’s fine accepting a contract in the 4s after a down year. He’s still be in the top 6 and playing with good players. If he can return to 50 point, excellent defensive play in that role, he fits this team perfectly.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
I mean after his year last year I don't really blame him for thinking he was worth more. Only thing lacking was PP:

View attachment 397610

lol looks like I was spot on.

Lot of folks ITT looking veryyyy dumb right now. Danault is a top 6 C, should be a selke finalist this year, and people ITT wouldn't have traded a bag of pucks for him lmao.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
He has 4 goals in 47 games. I find it hard to believe that someone will pay him 5M for 6 years to be a Top 6 center when he can’t score goals.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
lol looks like I was spot on.

Lot of folks ITT looking veryyyy dumb right now. Danault is a top 6 C, should be a selke finalist this year, and people ITT wouldn't have traded a bag of pucks for him lmao.

Danault isn't a Top 6 C on any contending team, he has no offensive instincts, period...an elite #3C is what he is; a shutdown C and one of the best...that's not worth upwards of $5 mill on a long term deal...

Reactions: alasania94
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad