Rumor: Marinaro: Philip Danault turned down $5M/6 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
Danault is not a 2C if you ask, they guy has no offensive upside, he is a really good 3C tho. He just thinks he’s a offensive center for reasons I can’t understand

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Danault is not a 2C if you ask, they guy has no offensive upside, he is a really good 3C tho. He just thinks he’s a offensive center for reasons I can’t understand

I think I am twice as good as ROY use to be in net . I am willing to bet you I would change my mind real quick once I had to face NHL shooters . For me to continue to argue results would be delusional on my part . If Dauault is arguing results he will become a head ache pretty quick .

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
So that's Marinaro's modus operandi?

Wait a 3 or so weeks when the original news of Danault rejecting a 5 x 6 contract dies down and then go public that Danaut refused a 5 x 6 contract?

We've known this over a month now.

Some insider.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Interesting. Mackinnon called him the hardest player to play against in the league. If this year sets his value more appropriately, maybe the Avs can pick him up in the offseason.

Reactions: YP44 and Richard88

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
I’m honestly quite surprised at how many Habs fans wouldn’t re-sign him. I get he’s not a 1C but he literally plays head to head against the other teams top line every single night and still does fairly well, still averages 50 points per 82 the past few seasons, and is in his prime. And then considering what Mackinnon said that shouldn’t be taken lightly given how good his underlying numbers are too. Shutting down top guys is absolutely invaluable and lets KK and Suzuki focus more on offense. Ya he’s not a 1C but his underlying numbers are honestly great and he plays a crucial role. I’d sign him to that contract on the flames for sure. Take some of the matchup pressure off of Lindholm Tkachuk and Johnny Money

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
PA or agents should warn players how dangerous Dzingeling in contract negotiations can be.

That might end up costing gazillion dollars for Danault.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
So that's Marinaro's modus operandi?

Wait a 3 or so weeks when the original news of Danault rejecting a 5 x 6 contract dies down and then go public that Danaut refused a 5 x 6 contract?

We've known this over a month now.

Some insider.

He didn't 'announce' it or say it in any way as if he was breaking it. He was asked about the Habs and brought it up on conversation. There's no operandi, just take a deep breath.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
I’m honestly quite surprised at how many Habs fans wouldn’t re-sign him. I get he’s not a 1C but he literally plays head to head against the other teams top line every single night and still does fairly well, still averages 50 points per 82 the past few seasons, and is in his prime. And then considering what Mackinnon said that shouldn’t be taken lightly given how good his underlying numbers are too. Shutting down top guys is absolutely invaluable and lets KK and Suzuki focus more on offense. Ya he’s not a 1C but his underlying numbers are honestly great and he plays a crucial role. I’d sign him to that contract on the flames for sure. Take some of the matchup pressure off of Lindholm Tkachuk and Johnny Money

...and it would be great if Danault was actually doing that this year...but he's not, his defensive play has been mediocre at best this year and he's providing a negative impact on his line offensively...honestly, he's been playing like he doesn't give a rat's arse...

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
What's crazier to me is that Bergevin wants to pay a guy that should be his 3C $6 million while he still has glaring flaws with the rest of the roster.

That's Bergevin in a nutshell. For every great move there is an equally terrible move around the corner.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Could a deal between Calgary and Montreal work to avoid quarantine?

Monahan + Bennett for Denault + _____

As a fan of neither team not sure what the blank would be.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Oilers could use a 3rd line C for the playoffs. Much like DD trade back in 2016-17.
Maybe Tyler Benson for Denault?

Come on now... at least losing him on the FA market gains the Habs a contract spot. Benson is useless we have many better prospects than him

Reactions: YP44

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Could a deal between Calgary and Montreal work to avoid quarantine?

Monahan + Bennett for Denault + _____

As a fan of neither team not sure what the blank would be.

Habs wouldn't be able to pay what Monahan is worth to the Flames and, honestly, don't need him...Bennett + Kylington for Danault

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad