Rumor: Marinaro: Philip Danault turned down $5M/6 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
betting on himself for sure.

Guy is a great two way centre in canada but somehow is underrated. It will be interesting to see what he makes. I think him turning down that deal maybe more about wanting out of Montreal where he can see top line minutes being taken away by the likes of Suzuki and Kotkaniemi.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Habs will re-sign him at a home town discount. Danault now understands how lucky he is in Montreal! :)

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
giphy.gif

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013
Habs reporter Tony Marinaro was on Jason Gregor's show on TSN1260 last Thursday and reported that Philip Danault had turned down a 5-year, $6M extension prior to the start of the season.
Can be found in Hour 1 of the podcast

Crazy decision if true

I find it ludicrous Montreal offered that to a guy who has never scored more than 15 goals in a seasoned has only topped 50 points once in his career. Not worth that at all.

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Any team that signs him to that probably doesn't regret it.

He's one small step in his career from being ROR level and probably takes it given top 6 and PP time.

Reactions: wintersej

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Any team that signs him to that probably doesn't regret it.

He's one small step in his career from being ROR level and probably takes it given top 6 and PP time.

One small step? Ryan has topped 20 goals 5 times in his career with a career high (twice) of 28. He is not far off a ppg in the playoffs and #1 center on a Cup winner. Danault career high in goals is 13. He’s put up 5 points in 16 playoff games. His offensive game isn’t anywhere near. Danault has 2 goals in his last 49 games, 1 of those into an empty net. He’s a solid two way guy but he’s not in the O’Reilly/Bergeron tier. Not even close

Last edited:

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Bergevin is the General Manager in the NHL nobody can trust in every single way. The guy plays a very ruthless game, understands it being thrown around the league as the crap player he once was.

I mean I can see where Danault might be going with it, that or stuff isn't going well for him there where he feels he needs a change.

Could see Colorado or Vegas being interested in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->