Prospect Info: Marco Rossi, Center, 9th Overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Don't we wish...

At any rate, it should bode well for him next year. Give him some time in Iowa to shake off the cobwebs and make sure his fitness is back up to snuff and then make our Kaprizov-Rossi-Fiala wet dreams a reality
Fiala won’t be here when we trade him in a package for eichel

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
Glad he’ll essentially get a full offseason to get back into shape. As someone who used to play hockey, stopped for a year and didn’t condition a lot in that time, and then came back for offseason training and tried to play again at the HS level... I can tell you it’s not easy.

Admittedly, Rossi has much more of a work ethic and talent than I did. I caution posters that it may take him a full year and another offseason to fully get back to normal.

Reactions: TaLoN

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
giphy.gif

Rossi cleared for training

Reactions: TaLoN and keppel146

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Won't he need to be in the NHL or the OHL because he was drafted out of the OHL?

Yeah, he needs to be in the OHL next year from what I'm seeing if he doesn't make the NHL. I'd say put him in the OHL and let him develop there for a year.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
It’s understandable given everything he has gone through but based on the pictures that have been out there, he has a ton of work to do to get back to the shape he was in prior to this ravaging his life.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
He's 20 in September. AHL eligible.

I remember having this discussion before about Jones, I thought the September 15th date is the cut off?

Nope, okay because Connor Zary turns 20 in September he's also eligible. This is really confusing.

Last edited:

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Rossi had a very challenging year, but still super high on the guy. He'll be a mainstay on the Wild after the first 20-30 games of the season, regardless of whether he starts in the Minnesota or Iowa.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Rossi had a very challenging year, but still super high on the guy. He'll be a mainstay on the Wild after the first 20-30 games of the season, regardless of whether he starts in the Minnesota or Iowa.
Well, Iowa are called the Wild, so you're probably not wrong with that prediction

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
He had an update that he was feeling much better back around March. There are articles which describe how getting vaccinated can help with lingering effects of Covid
He wasn't cleared to train until the 2nd week of may. He's not going to get the vaccine until after that milestone, which means he can finally safely raise his heartrate without health risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad