Prospect Info: Marco Rossi, Center, 9th Overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Man, he's going to need to work hard this offseason to make up for the lack of activity for so long. Good thing this is a motivated young kid!
It’s not really THAT hard to get back to where you were. Your body is good at adapting like that. When you hit new levels is where the difficulty is

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
It’s not really THAT hard to get back to where you were. Your body is good at adapting like that. When you hit new levels is where the difficulty is
It's harder when you're older... that's why I said it's a good thing he's a motivated young kid.
I’m more curious when he can skate rather than just lift weights.
I would say skating would be the light activity he'd be cleared for, not lifting weights.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Almost cleared for light work outs in April. 6 mos until 21-22 start.....seems dicey he will be ready.

That's plenty of time to get ready to play again. Whether he'll be able to play at an NHL level right away is a separate discussion, but he'll easily be ready to play somewhere.

Reactions: Nsjohnson

Ben Doe

Apr 19, 2021
Vienna
Dears,
This is an article that was published by the Austrian Press Agency regarding Marco Rossi, which you may find interesting:
Source: Marco Rossis Corona-Drama: "Papa, bleib da, ich habe Angst, dass mein Herz aufhört zu schlagen"

I will try to translate it for you:

Marco Rossis Corona drama: "Dad please stay, I am afraid my heart stops beating"
- 19 year old NHL talent "My only wish at the moment is to get 100% healthy again".

Vienna - Austrian icehockey talent Marco Rossi talked for the first time about the consequences of his Covid19 infection. The "Vorarlberger" (State he is from) caught the Covid19 infection only one month after being drafted by the Minnesota Wild on 9th position. Month after the infection he still felt extremly tired the 19 year old told during a TV interview with the ORF (Austrian national broadcaster).

"At the moment my only wish is to get 100% healthy again" Rossi said. At the beginning of the infection he only felt mild back pain, he returned to the ice rink in Switzerland to play for the ZCS Lions.
"On long road trips I constantly wondered why I am so extremely tired". It became the worst when he travelled to the U20 World Cup at the turn of the year in Canada. "I was completely exhausted and was not able to return to the ice". I thought I had bad jet lag or something similar. "I never brought this into relation with my Covid infection".

Rossi then flew to his Team in Minnesota where an intense medical check was performed. It was then clear that he would not give his NHL debut this season. His contract was moved one year so that it remains for 3 years (I am not sure if this is correct it is worded a bit strange in the article). "My goal is to play next season" Rossi said. "I was always a positive minded guy, the plan is to start training mid May, and then we will take it from there"

"Dad, please stay"

Because of the consequences of his illness, he "got a whole new perspective", the teenager explained. After a lot of medical checks during winter he returned to his familiy in Austria. "For my wife and me it was a very difficult situation" his dad Michael Rossi told ORF. Before he went to sleep his son told him" Dad please stay, I am afraid my heart stops beating"

Michael Rossi waived any finger pointing but said he hopes that there is learning effect to this whole story "you have to be very careful in professional sports with Covid infections". He urged parents and clubs "I wish there would be more attention to players who tell you that they are very tired, most people do not think of consequences of a past Covid infection in this situations". People think you are 10 days ill and then it is over, "but you are only immun after that but still may suffer consequences".

The start to his comeback should begin in the upcoming days on the Olympic base in Vorarlberg according to Rossis wishes. Father and son are hoping for support of the regional government. "This is also a big chance to get to know, the consequences of this infection, better" Michael Rossi said. In the meanwhile his son is back to complete health again. The blood levels/values are good, ECG is looking good as well. We need not to be afraid". There won´t be any long term consequences.

Rossi Jr. confirms this. At the moment his training mainly consists of mobilization exercises (Dont know if that makes sense in English, I think this are basic exercises for activating muscles and the right hear rate sections). "At the moment I feel really very good again" the center forward, who rocked the Ontario Hockey League in Canada the last few years, said. But at his return to Austria during last winter "it was really hard". "I was somehow able to go out for a walk but when I needed to go upstairs, I already was tired after a few steps".

APA 18.04.2021

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Ugh; I really wish Rossi the best, especially outside of hockey, but being a bit selfish - I wonder long term how this will effect him and his play?

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Seems like his undiagnosis and intense hockey wore his body/heart down to dangerous levels with the virus. Scary but glad he's slowly and being monitored back to health.

Bright side in all this is what Marco was saying about players being tired. More constant monitoring as the norm due to the virus scare might be a good thing for the future.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Seems like his undiagnosis and intense hockey wore his body/heart down to dangerous levels with the virus. Scary but glad he's slowly and being monitored back to health.

Bright side in all this is what Marco was saying about players being tired. More constant monitoring as the norm due to the virus scare might be a good thing for the future.
I wonder how many other players are fighting post Covid fatigue.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I wonder if he is planning on coming back over early this summer to train under the watchful eye of the Wild and team doctors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->