Prospect Info: Marco Rossi, Center, 9th Overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada

After being drafted 18th overall in the 2018 CHL Import Draft, Marco Rossi put up 29 goals and 65 points in 59 games last season. Rossi was named to the OHL Second All-Rookie Team. He was even better in the OHL playoffs putting up six goals and 22 points in 17 games. This season, he’s taken his game to another level. Rossi scored 39 goals and 81 assists for 120 points in just 56 games. He was a dynamic offensive force for the Ottawa 67s, helping them to be one of the best teams in the OHL. When the OHL season was stopped due to Covid-19, he had a nine-point lead for the league scoring title.

The Austrian forward is the best hockey prospect that his country has produced since Thomas Vanek. Prior to coming to the OHL, he had played most of his junior hockey in the Swiss leagues, though he did still represent Austria at the international level.

Marco Rossi Scouting Report: 2020 NHL Draft #6 - Last Word on Hockey

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: a79krgm

cjm502

Bingo Bango!
Jun 22, 2010
Mid Michigan
As a Wings fan, I wanted Rossi at 4 BAD. I genuinely feel like he will defeat the odds and become a great two way top 6 C. If anyone can do it, its Rossi. He has the heart, the drive, the tenacity. He isnt a burner but he skates well enough and hes very strong on his skates. Literally the only thing hes lacking is height.
Congrats on your pick! I will be following his development closely!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->