Confirmed with Link: Marchand Suspended 2 games for Slew-Foot

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
why don't you ever say excellent points to me? you wonder why I have an inferiority complex

btw- I am going tonight but sitting upstairs with Jay, (not to be confused with the Jay and the Americans who sung Cara Mia), and the great Chris Gorski aka the best avatar on HF:handclap:....my yute and her BF will be down to see you and your sister I'm sure

:laugh: Because I tell you in person.

Tell Chris and Jay "Hi" (or come down to say hello). Always like seeing your yute. :)

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Don't steal my thunder. I don't often receive praise in any aspect of my life.

Al, you get plenty I'm sure....the only praise I get is from myself; although if dogs could talk I'm pretty sure I would get more as my dog does love me (I think)

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Are people really *****ing about how brad Marchand is being treating by the refs? You reap what you sow.

He did it to himself, there are plenty of guys like that in the league. Is what it is.

I do think krieder should have been suspended...that was ridiculous.

The bruins made their bed in 2011....and I love it...

Subban and Kreider have built quite the reputations themselves, where is the NHL when they do something borderline? Or worse.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Subban and Kreider have built quite the reputations themselves, where is the NHL when they do something borderline? Or worse.

not sure if it counts but finally promoted Knight to the big club after clearing some space on NHL15, absolutely destroyed Kreider last night, didn`t return, I`ll keep ya updated on the length of his injury;)

trudatman*

Kreider's boarding wasn't borderline in the slightest. it was full on, the play most likely to kill a man or give a man a permanently debilitating pain.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

not sure if it counts but finally promoted Knight to the big club after clearing some space on NHL15, absolutely destroyed Kreider last night, didn`t return, I`ll keep ya updated on the length of his injury;)

I beat John Scott in a fight in NHL 15

As Anthony Camara

:laugh:

Sea Bass Neely

Jun 6, 2013
Rhode Island
For me, the bottom line is that (especially given his reputation) Brad deserved the two games. And any Bruins fan that adamantly proclaims his innocence is really just proving all the Bruin-haters correct. You can't complain when other players are involved in shady plays if you are always willing to defend a guy who pushes the limit like Marchand... simply because he is a Bruin. And a fan favorite -- indeed one of my favorites, i love his swagger -- at that. Plus he's a very talented forward with a high compete level.

It's hypocritical. Brad needs to make more of a conscious effort to avoid this stuff. I'm almost glad he didn't get off scot-free, maybe he will think about cleaning his game up some. I like his edge, i like when he's being a pest... but i don't like the dirty stuff.

All it does is give ammunition to the idiots who like to pretend he is even in the same stratosphere as a Matt Cooke or something.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Are people really *****ing about how brad Marchand is being treating by the refs? You reap what you sow.

He did it to himself, there are plenty of guys like that in the league. Is what it is.

I do think krieder should have been suspended...that was ridiculous.

The bruins made their bed in 2011....and I love it...

I like that better than Marshy's "dug my grave"!

mmk

Sep 5, 2014
So we move Paille up to Marchand's spot to play with Bergeron and Smith, right? I think that's the right call for the next two games.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
For me, the bottom line is that (especially given his reputation) Brad deserved the two games. And any Bruins fan that adamantly proclaims his innocence is really just proving all the Bruin-haters correct. You can't complain when other players are involved in shady plays if you are always willing to defend a guy who pushes the limit like Marchand... simply because he is a Bruin. And a fan favorite -- indeed one of my favorites, i love his swagger -- at that. Plus he's a very talented forward with a high compete level.

It's hypocritical. Brad needs to make more of a conscious effort to avoid this stuff. I'm almost glad he didn't get off scot-free, maybe he will think about cleaning his game up some. I like his edge, i like when he's being a pest... but i don't like the dirty stuff.

All it does is give ammunition to the idiots who like to pretend he is even in the same stratosphere as a Matt Cooke or something.

I'm not saying Marchand is innocent. I'm saying I'm tired of the standard being different for him and the Bruins and if the standard is going to be different, I'd rather see the B's really get their money's worth.

Again, if that slew foot is worth a 2 game suspension, then show me the slew foot that is not worth at least one game.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I watched video yesterday of 6 different slewfoots in Nhl with one being Marchand before.Only once was fine handed out and guess who received it.That is right Marchand.Perhaps he does deserve this 2 games but it still does not change the fact NHL plays favorites.Its sickening rules only apply for some.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I'm not saying Marchand is innocent. I'm saying I'm tired of the standard being different for him and the Bruins and if the standard is going to be different, I'd rather see the B's really get their money's worth.

Again, if that slew foot is worth a 2 game suspension, then show me the slew foot that is not worth at least one game.

They would not be able to cause league is crooked as 3 dollar bill.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Quick question about "reputation calls" - I was at the game against TBL, when Marchand got a game misconduct with 2 seconds to go in the game. What the hell was that about? I'll admit, I was packing it up and getting ready to go, but it's not like they were going to show the replay on the jumbotron.

And for the record, he did get another bad call for goalie interference, IMO. Tampa pushed him into the net. I think that was part of the catalyst for the crowd chanting about taurine fertilizer after Chara's one-tap KO of Smurfette.
Probably a few magic words

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
Marchand doesn't seem too broken up about it. :laugh:

I don't like the slew foot, but team is getting it's swag back. :yo:

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
The Bruins are and should be Bullies and you're entertained by a slew foot. Interesting. I don't know what Bruins team you been watching but I been watching them for many many years and they have never been a dirty team,at least for as long as I been following them and that's 35 years.

They have had some very tough teams and some very tough players throughout those years but never dirty. Bruins hockey is all blue collar and about hard work and again Toughness not dirty. What Marchand did was silly and out right dumb. There was no need to do that so I have no idea what went through his head at the moment.

I'd bet that Bruins brass have spoken to him about it and most likely told him to keep that out of his/their game.

Marchand is lucky it was only 2 games and he sure deserved it. Big Bad Bruins doesn't stand for Dirty Bruins.

Really agree with this. I want a tough, physical, but honorable Bruins team. They've never been dirty, nor have they aspired to be. The sleazy dirty stuff was always left to Philly, the Habs, and Pittsburgh.

That's why it drives me crazy when Marchand is dirty like this, and Lucic spears guys in the balls. It's not what the Bruins are about.

I mean, I can't even imagine Cam Neely slew footing a player, or spearing someone in the nuts. That's what Claude Lemieux used to do, and we'd cheer when Neely would smash him with a legit hit.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
I get being frustrating when Marchy crosses the line .. Heck I've done the head shake at him but this is an important ingredient once a long playoff starts.

To expect a pest to be perfect and not cross the line or bend the line is silly.

Get needing to vent tho ;)

Last edited:

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

This x 10.

Subban slew foots guys on a regular basis, got called for it the other night (his 5th that I have seen) and he has yet to be suspended 1 game.

Why?

Same offense, multiple occasions...

Only thing different is the uniform.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
This x 10.

Subban slew foots guys on a regular basis, got called for it the other night (his 5th that I have seen) and he has yet to be suspended 1 game.

Why?

Same offense, multiple occasions...

Only thing different is the uniform.

Doan got away with a bad one this year and I know I'm missing another.. Grr... It's not like they don't have replay soo why no hearings ?

Fishy at times:pullhair:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad