Confirmed with Link: Marchand Suspended 2 games for Slew-Foot

fake british accent

Aug 11, 2006
www.exceptionalautobody.com
What do the Bruins gain by Marchand slew footing anyone? What is the possible benefit?

They were on a 5 game win streak and then their leading goalscorer chose to excuse himself for an undetermined number of games so he could try to hurt another player. He should have gotten 5.

Now they lost another game in part because their leading goalscorer decided to take a vacation by trying to injure another player. Marchand is a talented idiot who has been undermining his teammates for years and really needs to get it or be gone.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
What do the Bruins gain by Marchand slew footing anyone? What is the possible benefit?

They were on a 5 game win streak and then their leading goalscorer chose to excuse himself for an undetermined number of games so he could try to hurt another player. He should have gotten 5.

Now they lost another game in part because their leading goalscorer decided to take a vacation by trying to injure another player. Marchand is a talented idiot who has been undermining his teammates for years and really needs to get it or be gone.

You know what they say about opinions...

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006

Nah. I think the B's will keep him. A bit harsh I think!

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus

So Marchand premeditively decided to injure someone because he's a vicious animal who wanted to sit out, pay a $40,000+ fine, and hurt his team. That sounds about right. :sarcasm:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Yikes...a bit of an over reaction.

Marchy is here to stay. Brad is far more good than bad.

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
This just highlights our lack of depth and talent. Anyone of the top 6 goes down maybe even top 9 and we are screwed.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
He's been suspended three separate times for a total of nine games. One of the highest totals of any current NHLer.

So you believe he does this team more harm than good ???? I don't agree.

BTW...Cute pup in your avatar.

Last edited:

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009
So you believe he does this team more harm than good ???? I don't agree.

BTW...Cute pup in your avatar.

Maybe, but that's not the point. Our problem is lack of depth, this team needs at least 3 pieces (top 6 f, top 9 f, top 4 d). I say stand pat and retool in offseason.

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
They didn't lose last night because they didn't have Marchand.

I will disagree to a point and this is why.

Having Marchand out of the lineup seemed to demonstrate to me a chink in the armor: that the team's depth is virtually nonexistent and removing even one key piece rocks the team back onto its heels. This hypothesis will be put to the test again with the Dallas game. A middle-of-the-conference team like the Bruins should be able to redeem itself against a team sitting fourth from the bottom of the western conference.

There does not appear to be a suitable replacement for Marchand. Outside of Pastrnak no other winger seems to bring his spark and creativity. Moving a regular bottom-6 player (Paille) up to work in that role didn't work. Moving Pastrnak to that line would have put him on his off wing and left the Krejci line without a suitable top-6 replacement. Moving Eriksson up would have screwed up the 3rd line, which as it turns out was the only scoring line all night. It's playing the little squares game with the missing piece. There's always a missing piece!

The lines just didn't work last night and there's probably not a whole lot that can be done to make them work in Dallas. The team will muddle through a game that should be winnable but at this point given what we've seen I think it's doubtful they will win. The talent in Providence is suspect with regards to the top-6 which is where the missing piece is.

I think at the end of the day this shows that the team is still one or two depth pieces away from being able to survive a loss in the top-6 ranks. I think the same is true for the d-corps as well. Stay healthy or lower expectations.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Missed Marchand big time last night- Bergy line was worst and good matchup of Marchand skills against that defense

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
No I love him...but he's def not a nice guy IMO...at least on the ice..

Thank you...:)

I love him as a B too.

Brad has calmed down. He doesn't do as much "stuff" as he used to. I am sure he isn't fun to play against but I don't see that as a bad thing as long as he is on the B's.

I remember Bergy grabbing Brad's jersey (on the ice) and telling him to "just stop"
We don't see that anymore.

Brad is a far better player that I ever thought he would be.

He is a pest but he is no cooke.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus

Having Marchand out of the lineup seemed to demonstrate to me a chink in the armor: that the team's depth is virtually nonexistent and removing even one key piece rocks the team back onto its heels. This hypothesis will be put to the test again with the Dallas game. A middle-of-the-conference team like the Bruins should be able to redeem itself against a team sitting fourth from the bottom of the western conference.

There does not appear to be a suitable replacement for Marchand. Outside of Pastrnak no other winger seems to bring his spark and creativity. Moving a regular bottom-6 player (Paille) up to work in that role didn't work. Moving Pastrnak to that line would have put him on his off wing and left the Krejci line without a suitable top-6 replacement. Moving Eriksson up would have screwed up the 3rd line, which as it turns out was the only scoring line all night. It's playing the little squares game with the missing piece. There's always a missing piece!

The lines just didn't work last night and there's probably not a whole lot that can be done to make them work in Dallas. The team will muddle through a game that should be winnable but at this point given what we've seen I think it's doubtful they will win. The talent in Providence is suspect with regards to the top-6 which is where the missing piece is.

I think at the end of the day this shows that the team is still one or two depth pieces away from being able to survive a loss in the top-6 ranks. I think the same is true for the d-corps as well. Stay healthy or lower expectations.

I don't disagree that his absence didn't help, but that was a game they could have and should have won without Marchand.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Wait till Pasta goes on s ten game pointless streak and doesn't look so good.... depth is non existent.

I agree. Peter C has some work to do.

Buckets and Gloves

klaatu barada nikto
Aug 14, 2011
So Marchand premeditively decided to injure someone because he's a vicious animal who wanted to sit out, pay a $40,000+ fine, and hurt his team. That sounds about right. :sarcasm:

I'm sure he didn't come to game thinking he would slew foot someone but he definitely knew what he was doing as he did the action... stick across opponents body in the front pulling him back with feet in between opponents legs to knock him down.

He knew what he was doing, this wasn't an accident or even a "hockey play" it was a cheap and dirty move. No ands ifs or buts about it.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Its times like this I miss Shawn Thornton most.

He cemented my admiration for him as a leader when Marchand was chirping from the bench and Shawn yelled at him - " sit down and shut the **** up!"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad