Confirmed with Link: Marchand Suspended 2 games for Slew-Foot

OldFESeides

May 15, 2014
Per NHLPS

"NHL Player Safety ‏@NHLPlayerSafety 6m6 minutes ago
Boston's Brad Marchand will have a hearing this afternoon for a slew-foot on New York Rangers' Derick Brassard."

I know the exact play they are talking about, but did not really think anything of it when it happened. No injury either.

My best guess is a $5,000 fine.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

LOL pure rep for him. Yes hes done it but has PK ever had a hearing for his various slew foots?

bergysbruins

Jan 29, 2014
RI
I've actually been watching the main boards this morning waiting to see a thread on this...kinda surprised there hasn't been one yet considering it was Marchand.

It was a stupid play but I don't think intent was too bad...that's tough to tell. Should get a fine and probably will get 1-2 games as well.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

I've actually been watching the main boards this morning waiting to see a thread on this...kinda surprised there hasn't been one yet considering it was Marchand.

It was a stupid play but I don't think intent was too bad...that's tough to tell. Should get a fine and probably will get 1-2 games as well.

There was one, it was closed after 6 pages

thegodfather

Dec 6, 2005
Stratford, Ontario
Marchand deserves at least a game or two. Can't cry that PK has never had a hearing...Marchand has a history.

But at the same time I hope the league looks at the boarding call...it was much worse...

Ivyy13

Trust and Tradition
Feb 4, 2007
Boston
Marchand deserves at least a game or two. Can't cry that PK has never had a hearing...Marchand has a history.

But at the same time I hope the league looks at the boarding call...it was much worse...

I think it was already announced that they won't look into the Kreider hit..

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
he deserves a game at least.

The crappy thing is that he got 5 games for the Salo thing which I thought was a borderline play at worst and not deserving of 5 games. But since it's on his rap sheet it will amplify anything he gets later.

The slew foot last night was incredibly dirty, though. At that speed and that close to the boards he's lucky he didn't break Brassard's leg. Could have turned out a lot worse.

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
wow.. you guys are worse than Brick

look at the gifs on the main board..

He took the guys upper body out, and deliberately took out the guys right skate with his right leg.. All done in a very dangerous part of the ice, 10 feet away from the boards.. Brassard could have broken his legs. he was completely up ended.

cooke-like play.

acr*

This isn't going to end well for Marchand. I don't think the use of his leg was as bad as the Garbutt slew foot earlier in the year, but the upper body work was similar. Garbutt, himself a past offender, got 3 games. I think Marchand's rep is worse than Garbutt's with the league too. I say low will be 3 games and high will be 5.

MaCam

Oct 5, 2005
Eastern Mass
Yeah, that was dirty. The cross-checking penalty he took in the game, while not dirty, was also a bonehead move and pretty blatant. Once ok, but did he think he was going to get away with it 2-3 times? Really kind of baffled sometimes at some of the things he does.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Dangerous play, and he will be handled accordingly, why others who do it as frequently as they do is beyond me but.....he`s made his bed and crud such as this is the stuff he`ll get dinged for

Wouldn`t matter if it`s an opponent with 2 Pims all season, if that was a Bruin on the receiving end we`d be up in arms for a suspension

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
He's dirty, he dives, but hey, let's defend him because of his jersey.

There generally seems to be one on every team. Not that I like some of the stuff he does, but well we don't have to defend what he does, nor do we have to get on him about it because other teams have their similar players. I say, just let the League handle it as they see fit, and not get involved with the Bruins haters about it.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Glad to see marchand playing with a little fire. A couple games off to take a breather won't hurt.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
wow.. you guys are worse than Brick

look at the gifs on the main board..

He took the guys upper body out, and deliberately took out the guys right skate with his right leg.. All done in a very dangerous part of the ice, 10 feet away from the boards.. Brassard could have broken his legs. he was completely up ended.

cooke-like play.

who the hell are you talking to? literally one guy in the thread tried to argue that it wasn't dirty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad