Marchand Refuses to fight Against Eller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
The Bruins in general don’t like to face people in their own weight class face to face. They act "tough" when it’s a fighter vs non-fighter or they have a big size advantage, and occasionally sucker punch or jump people from behind but otherwise run away as fast as possible. This goes back a decade or more.
Can you explain this one to me.

Show me an instance where someone "sucker punched someone and ran away as fast as possible" - I mean, there has to be an example or two, right?

Reactions: Estlin and Dabruins

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Yeah I don't know why he didn't just start punching. That's what Marchand did. Maybe because for whatever reason the ref jumped right in to protect Marchand whereas when Marchand started punching Eller the refs spectated like a group 12 year olds on a playground.

This is clearly an NHL problem. When Ray Emery skated across the ice and assaulted Braden Holtby - that has to be a suspension. Same goes for when Marchand started punching Eller.

But oddly the league did nothing. It logically follows that Tom Wilson should grab Connor McDavid and just start wailing away. Concuss him, break his face, whatever. Why not? The league already condoned it.
I'm not sure if this is sarcasm or not, but if you're not being sarcastic, I actually agree.

Marchand absolutely jumped Eller in their fight. Eller had both of his glvoes still on his hands while Marchand had 3-4 punches in already and the linesmen just stood there twiddling his thumbs....

Eller gave Marchand the opportunity to drop his gloves and square up legitimately. I really don't know why the official jumped between them this time. Anyone can get hurt in a fight, but it's not exactly like this is Reaves vs. Gaudreau or something, Marchand can clearly handle Eller just fine.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
It's hilarious, and a little pathetic, to see all the posters who get their knickers in a knot regarding Marchand. He truly is in their heads.

And to call Marchand a coward is the icing on the cake. I'd love to see these keyboard warriors say that to his face.
You can be a coward in your own space, it’s all relative.

I also don’t understand the “in their heads” schtick. Bruins haven’t beaten the Capitals in 5 years. Marchand has only 18 pts in 35 GP against them, in the only post season match up he was a part of they lost and he had only 2 pts in the series.

He is anything but in the head of anyone in the vicinity of DC

Reactions: Koized and Drakon

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
You can be a coward in your own space, it’s all relative.

I also don’t understand the “in their heads” schtick. Bruins haven’t beaten the Capitals in 5 years. Marchand has only 18 pts in 35 GP against them, in the only post season match up he was a part of they lost and he had only 2 pts in the series.

He is anything but in the head of anyone in the vicinity of DC
"In their heads" is the most over-used saying when discussing hockey these days, especially when people say "Rent-free" lol.

smd333

May 2, 2012
No one should be surprised by this Marchand is a coward when it comes to fighting fair.

But the bigger story is the capitals playing exactly the way you need to play against this Bruins team, and the Bruins had no answer. Bruins had lots of shots, but most from the outside and easily handled. I couldn't care about Marchand, really. He's not the story.

Reactions: Drakon

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
As yes, Eller was definitely the biggest reason they won the cup! Marchand and his 17pts in 12 games (1 less than Eller is 12 less games) singlehandedly lost the playoffs for the Bruins.

Hint: Marchand was 3rd on his team in points as a rookie to help his team win a cup.

I get youre just trolling, but when every sentence you write is wrong it just comes off as dumb.

lol we all saw the Boston vs. Tampa last year, one team was playing hockey one team was trying to figure out how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop. Wonder whose fault that was.

Eller scored the cup clinching goal so yeah he was pretty much up there. Weird that a 4th liner outscored a top 5 NHL wing like Marchand though, even if it took him a few more games. And it's no surprise the Bruins won back when Marchand still actually had to play hockey to stick in the league instead of running a circus.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
When wanting to fight Marchand here's things you can do:

Throw punches before he wants to commit to the fight OR before his gloves even come off
Continue to punch him on the ground

That's how he acts so therefore that should be fair game. Eller should have just skated up to him and socked him right in the nose.

This right here is basically the answer. As great of a hockey player he is, you know his character, so once he's done his thing against you, you have no obligation to ask him if he wants to fight, you just start wailing and let him decide what he does. As Mike Tyson said, "everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth".

SkinsFan09

Jun 10, 2009
Brooklyn
Marchand tried the one thing that could've gotten the Bruins to actually score more goals in a game than the Capitals. Still didn't work.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Marchand has a minus 3 game in a loss to a team his club hasn't beat in forever, and he acts like the guy who scored the Cup-winning goal is beneath him - all after demonstrating that sucker-punching the same guy in a 7-0 loss isn't beneath him. I know rats have tiny brains, but there's not a shred of sense in that.

sharknado

Aug 22, 2014
Can you explain this one to me.

Show me an instance where someone "sucker punched someone and ran away as fast as possible" - I mean, there has to be an example or two, right?
Thornton on Orpick
Chara on Paquette
Marchand on Sedin
Etc
Etc
Etc

Slasher45

Nov 17, 2018
lol we all saw the Boston vs. Tampa last year, one team was playing hockey one team was trying to figure out how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop. Wonder whose fault that was.

Eller scored the cup clinching goal so yeah he was pretty much up there. Weird that a 4th liner outscored a top 5 NHL wing like Marchand though, even if it took him a few more games. And it's no surprise the Bruins won back when Marchand still actually had to play hockey to stick in the league instead of running a circus.

That's not a good augment to have if you are trying to make a case for Lars Eller

Reactions: nbwingsfan

McSaveUs

Apr 8, 2017
Marchand is amazing

This is too funny. This approach harms no one, gives his team a free powerplay, and enrages so many people
Smart players do that haha oops I honestly meant to reply to your post but on accident of my flash skills put report comment and literally typed what I had to say in it then sent lmao my bad

Clumsyhab

Feb 22, 2004
Montreal
Marchand doesn’t respect the code and didn’t want to fight seller, Caps should just send Wilson to teach him a lesson.

sharknado

Aug 22, 2014
You mean when Paquette confronted Chara while he was on his way to the penalty box? Or when he tried to act like a clown at the end of the game?

I'm referring to this one. Not much of a confrontation that warranted a sucker punch like that

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009

Oh... you're going to double down are you?

1. You're right, every single Bruins player was just trying to lick the bolts instead of win because of Marchand! I mean, there's so many examples of this, right?

2. Good for him to score a goal. Max Talbot also once scored a cup clinching goal, hes definitely why they won instead of Crosby/Malkin

3. A "few extra games" is 12...? I'll repeat, one extra point in 12 more games. But you're right, Marchand probably would have been blanked in his next 12 games (despite never having this happen since his rookie season)

4. You're also right again! Marchand definitely never acted foolishly in his rookie season. These events definitely didn't happen in his rookie playoff run! He was such a saint then!

Again, if you're going to try and troll, you should get at least one statement correct instead of making things up. Its a bad look for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Estlin

sharknado

Aug 22, 2014
You're saying Shawn Thornton ran away from Brooks Orpik, and Chara ran away from Cedric Paquette?

Do you even know what you're saying?

(I know Marchand is a rat, and I don't condone anything he does except scoring a lot and community involvement)

Saying running away after a sucker punch is dumb. In most cases, the one getting the punch is in no shape to do anything and that was what I was posting.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Thornton on Orpick
Chara on Paquette
Marchand on Sedin
Etc
Etc
Etc

Where in literally any of these examples did the Bruins player run away :laugh:

Also if this has been happening for a "decade" there should be a hell of a lot more than 3 examples.

Also x2, everyone us out of Charas weight class. I hope you're not suggesting hes scared to fight? Hes fought some big boys and sat them down.

Its amazing what will come out of peoples mouths when they dont like a team/player.

Reactions: Estlin

sharknado

Aug 22, 2014
Where in literally any of these examples did the Bruins player run away :laugh:

Also if this has been happening for a "decade" there should be a hell of a lot more than 3 examples.

Also x2, everyone us out of Charas weight class. I hope you're not suggesting hes scared to fight? Hes fought some big boys and sat them down.

Its amazing what will come out of peoples mouths when they dont like a team/player.

See my post above yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad