Injury Report: Marchand, Pastrnak, McAvoy Undergo Surgery

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
This makes sense. Trying to save some coin for the owner because they’re going to be without Pastrnak for a while. They’re expecting to suck so they can get a top 10 pick and then take a 2nd rounder there because they’re geniuses.

how bad does not getting Hall look now?

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
What player or two can they currently get that would put them in contention?

The season probably starts in January so you're looking at starting the season without some key pieces. You have Krecji in his final year, Rask in his, and a couple other pieces that you can move. Keep Pasta and Marchand obviously.

The East has improved and 90 points is not a given. This team has real problems on the blue line and the 2nd line. It seems like you're operating under the assumption that the Bruins are the best or 2nd best team in the east still. That's far from the truth.

You’re just assuming everyone else is going to improve.

Is TB going to be better? Toronto is a team full of frauds that can’t win a meaningful game if their lives depended on it.

The B’s are a winger away from being a top 3 team in the east, without question.

They may be there now.

busman21

Dec 11, 2006
Boston
Fun fact, One of Brad’s surgeons, Brian Busconi, was a four-year player at Harvard on The hockey team. Also I used to work at UMass, Busconi and Litwin are both awesome surgeons so at least he was in great hands.

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013

Is TB going to be better? Toronto is a team full of frauds that can’t win a meaningful game if their lives depended on it.

The B’s are a winger away from being a top 3 team in the east, without question.

They may be there now.

A top 3 team is okay but it's not a true contender. Sure it's hockey and you can get lucky. Tampa Washington and Montreal I feel are better. Toronto is a pack of frauds. That much we agree on.

Reactions: Gordoff

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Am I making it up, or did Sweeney, Cassidy, or somebody else basically say they didn't expect any surgeries this offseason? I feel like I distinctly remember reading that somewhere.
Maybe they wanted to keep a lid on it until after free agent "frenzy"? :dunno:

Reactions: Gordoff and BMC

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
montreal better than the bruins?????

lolllll

You do understand that as presently constructed that due to injuries the Bruins don't have a 1st line winger and a top blue line option. Right? The Bruins are nowhere close to contending with this roster. When and if they get healthy then maybe. I'd take Philly over them too.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Lemme guess cause ‘he looked the part’ for 2 periods in Montreal? Guys awful

Um..... He’s looked the part in every games he’s played so far and didn’t get a longer look because he unfortunately got injured. If you’re without your top line RWer for 1-2 months of the season, why wouldn’t you give Senyshyn a legit look with Krejci or Coyle? They’re doing it on defense as of right now. Do it up front too. Time to see what he has along with others.

I don’t share the same opinion on Senyshyn at all so I think there’s nhl potential there. Now I don’t see the 20-25G scoring power winger with elite speed that I was expecting but I could see a lesser version in a 3rd line role or Paille-like. It’s a fail for where he was drafted but these players are needed so if that’s what he is then he will be useful. You need to find out though.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

They may be there now.

Toronto added Brodie & Bogosian on back end.That will help for sure .I watched Bogisian play vs Bruins and he was solid as a rock.I dislike Tor but they got better that I know.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
You do understand that as presently constructed that due to injuries the Bruins don't have a 1st line winger and a top blue line option. Right? The Bruins are nowhere close to contending with this roster. When and if they get healthy then maybe.

marchand and pasta will both be back for the playoffs

to win in the NHL the formula has always been

3 deep at center
A stud #1 D
Great goalie

bruins center group BLOWS Montreal’s out of the water
McAvoy is a better D than anyone on Montreal

And Rask Halak >>> Price Allen

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
marchand and pasta will both be back for the playoffs

to win in the NHL the formula has always been

deep at center
A stud #1 D
Great goalie

bruins center group BLOWS Montreal’s out of the water
McAvoy is a better D than anyone on Montreal

And Rask Halak >>> Price Allen

Are the playoffs assured? Honestly, you aren't wrong in a vacuum. It depends on how long Pasta and McAvoy miss. Right now with these injuries Boston is most likely the 5th best team in the east. Shuffle the teams however you want. These injuries are not good. Plus I'm not sure as to why Bergy isn't getting surgery to fix his groin. Next year should be a year where the Bruins trade assets and play the kids. They are not close to contending

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Are the playoffs assured? Honestly, you aren't wrong in a vacuum. It depends on how long Pasta and McAvoy miss. Right now with these injuries Boston is most likely the 5th best team in the east. Shuffle the teams however you want. These injuries are not good. Plus I'm not sure as to why Bergy isn't getting surgery to fix his groin. Next year should be a year where the Bruins trade assets and play the kids. They are not close to contending

yes I would guarantee the bruins make the playoffs

Bergeron misses 20 games every year now

pasta missed 20 games 2 years ago

marchand missed 10 plus games the last few years

Krejci missed 20 games a couple years recently

And they still under Bruce get 100 points easily every year

Reactions: CLIFFY HOCKEY

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

So the report is McAvoy will be good to go by season resumption, so thank God for that at least. As for Bergy, I am guessing it isn't something that can get repaired surgically tha will make a long-term difference. Some surgeries to repair issues are only useful if the stress on the area is minimized going forward. Some surgeries have only a marginal chance for long-term success. This may be one of those cases :dunno:

Carlon Brando

May 22, 2014
Boston
Opening night lineup as of now

DeBrusk Bergeron Smith
Bjork Krejci Kase
Ritchie Coyle Studnicka
Lindholm Kuraly Wagner
You forgot that Cassidy is still the coach. Substitute Kuhlman in for Studnicka, and replace Bjork with a new 4th line grinder that Sweeney will lock up for 4 years at "great value".

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00