Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
yes I would guarantee the bruins make the playoffs

Bergeron misses 20 games every year now

pasta missed 20 games 2 years ago

marchand missed 10 plus games the last few years

Krejci missed 20 games a couple years recently

And they still under Bruce get 100 points easily every year
You realize that players age, too. Right?

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
You do understand that as presently constructed that due to injuries the Bruins don't have a 1st line winger and a top blue line option. Right? The Bruins are nowhere close to contending with this roster. When and if they get healthy then maybe. I'd take Philly over them too.

When you say top blueline option are you referring to a guy getting points? Just want to add my 2 cents here that Charlie McAvoy is a horse and played all the tough minutes for Bruins.He is a top blueline option in my mind.

Reactions: Gordoff

Deuce17

Mar 2, 2019
Suffield, CT
Um..... He’s looked the part in every games he’s played so far and didn’t get a longer look because he unfortunately got injured. If you’re without your top line RWer for 1-2 months of the season, why wouldn’t you give Senyshyn a legit look with Krejci or Coyle? They’re doing it on defense as of right now. Do it up front too. Time to see what he has along with others.

I don’t share the same opinion on Senyshyn at all so I think there’s nhl potential there. Now I don’t see the 20-25G scoring power winger with elite speed that I was expecting but I could see a lesser version in a 3rd line role or Paille-like. It’s a fail for where he was drafted but these players are needed so if that’s what he is then he will be useful. You need to find out though.
No you don’t need to find out unless he did something to earn the time. Idc where he got drafted and believe me I’d love to be wrong but the guys clearly a stiff and imo anyone who says otherwise is REALLY forcing something

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Krug, yes isn't the best defensively, but losing him anchoring the powerplay is a huge loss.

I believe McAvoy or Gryz can make a big leap and lessen the blow

maybe we are no longer a top 3 PP like before

but a 1st unit of
63 37 88
46 73/48

Is still damn good

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
No you don’t need to find out unless he did something to earn the time. Idc where he got drafted and believe me I’d love to be wrong but the guys clearly a stiff and imo anyone who says otherwise is REALLY forcing something

Well I think he gets a chance regardless of our opinions.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

But what did Brett Ritchie ever do to earn playing time? He was pretty much useless and Bruce kept rolling him out there long past the time it was obvious he sucked. He had a bit of track record of decent play at times, but never showed that here. Kind of like Jimmy Hayes, another guy who got chance after chance and sucked bogwater. So why not Senyshyn? If he really a stiff as you say, it will be apparent in 15 games or so at which point he can be waived and demoted or traded away for 7th round pick if he is even worth that.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
But what did Brett Ritchie ever do to earn playing time? He was pretty much useless and Bruce kept rolling him out there long past the time it was obvious he sucked. He had a bit of track record of decent play at times, but never showed that here. Kind of like Jimmy Hayes, another guy who got chance after chance and sucked bogwater. So why not Senyshyn? If he really a stiff as you say, it will be apparent in 15 games or so at which point he can be waived and demoted or traded away for 7th round pick if he is even worth that.
Ritchie, he was bad for sure... but to be honest he came to Boston, played 7 games, then COVID hit, then came back for the post season. I'm holding out hope he comes into next season with less pressure to produce points. He was kind of tossed into a position that was outside of his ability, that's not his fault, that's managements fault. What is his fault, however, is his conditioning.

Scored more goals down the stretch than Kase and Bjork, though.

Edit: My bad, he was talking about Brett Ritchie - He was awful, completely awful.

Last edited:

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Ritchie, he was bad for sure... but to be honest he came to Boston, played 7 games, then COVID hit, then came back for the post season. I'm holding out hope he comes into next season with less pressure to produce points. He was kind of tossed into a position that was outside of his ability, that's not his fault, that's managements fault. What is his fault, however, is his conditioning.

Scored more goals down the stretch than Kase and Bjork, though.

I meant Brett, not Nick- Nick I agree deserves another kick at the can.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Toronto added Brodie & Bogosian on back end.That will help for sure .I watched Bogisian play vs Bruins and he was solid as a rock.I dislike Tor but they got better that I know.

Maybe.

But there’s a big difference between playing as a 5/6 in TB and being a 3/4/5 in Toronto.

Plus, Toronto still has the enormous albatross of Morgan Rielly as their #1. Among the most overrated guys in the league.

I’ll worry about Toronto the day after they win a cup.

Deuce17

Mar 2, 2019
Suffield, CT
Whose play more warrants an opportunity Seny or Cam Hughes?

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
You’re just assuming everyone else is going to improve.

Is TB going to be better? Toronto is a team full of frauds that can’t win a meaningful game if their lives depended on it.

The B’s are a winger away from being a top 3 team in the east, without question.

They may be there now.

Krejci, Bergeron and Marchand are all past their peak years and will be a year older. The newly acquired Smith is on the wrong side of 30 too. What if Chara returns? No one wins against Father Time. You can't expect these guys to maintain their level of play as they get older.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
A top 3 team is okay but it's not a true contender. Sure it's hockey and you can get lucky. Tampa Washington and Montreal I feel are better. Toronto is a pack of frauds. That much we agree on.

The Overarching point in all of this is that it would be way more difficult to rebuild.....i.e. find takers and get appropriate value for Bergeron, Krejci, Marchand and Rask. Then allow the assets they get for them the time to develop in order to get to the point they are at today.

ReBuilds do not happen overnight. To throw away the chance to contend for a cup, even if you need to add a piece or two to do it, in the hopes that you’ll make the right 10+ moves over the next year or two in order to possibly be where you’re at right now, probably in 2025, is silly.

@Estlin

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Krejci, Bergeron and Marchand are all past their peak years and will be a year older. The newly acquired Smith is on the wrong side of 30 too. What if Chara returns? No one wins against Father Time. You can't expect these guys to maintain their level of play as they get older.

I put an @Estlin in my reply to another poster that answers this question.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Whose play more warrants an opportunity Seny or Cam Hughes?

I want to see them both get their shot. Seny before Cam because of development time, if he sucks, adios amigo and bring in Cam. Ideally they would have let Seny sink or swim more last season before his contract expired. Now they have qualified him, so he'll get a couple more years. Cam is still on his ELC, so if Seny flames out as you expect, bring Hughes up next and let him have a crack at it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad