Injury Report: Marchand, Pastrnak, McAvoy Undergo Surgery

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Bruins Issue Update On Offseason Surgeries

Brad Marchand underwent a sports hernia repair, performed by Dr. Brian Busconi and Dr. Demetrius Litwin at the UMass Memorial Medical Center, on September 14. The surgery was successful, rehabilitation has gone well, and he is on target to make a full recovery in approximately four months from the date of procedure.

David Pastrnak underwent a right hip arthroscopy and labral repair, performed by Dr. Bryan Kelly at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York, on September 16. The surgery was successful, rehabilitation has gone well, and he is on target to make a full recovery in approximately five months from the date of procedure.

Charlie McAvoy underwent a right knee arthroscopy, performed by Dr. Peter Asnis at Massachusetts General Hospital, on September 8. The surgery was successful, and he has been cleared to resume normal offseason activities and will be fully available for the start of next season.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
giphy.gif

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Yikes. Probably our 3 most important players, but not the longest list compared to past seasons.

I’m surprised there’s not more with the long lay off and short prep time before RTP.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I want to know what's going on with Patrice Bergeron. It's obvious to me that rest & off ice therapy isn't working to heal his groin, he's gone that route for the last 2 seasons & ended up playing mediocre (for him) in the playoffs both times. IMO it was especially noticeable during face offs, he just couldn't seem to generate any power from his lower body. :(

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Wow, so for better or worse we qre going to see a lot of the kids playing to start the season (assuming it starts on time)

Reactions: Gordoff

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
I want to know what's going on with Patrice Bergeron. It's obvious to me that rest & off ice therapy isn't working to heal his groin, he's gone that route for the last 2 seasons & ended up playing mediocre (for him) in the playoffs both times. IMO it was especially noticeable during face offs, he just couldn't seem to generate any power from his lower body. :(

And he's got some hard miles on him at 35..

Reactions: Gordoff and BMC

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
WHY

WHY

WHY

Why won't Bergeron get surgery on his groin? Just completely asinine.

I get that he probably doesn't want to miss half to three quarters of a season but I say now is the time- for all anyone knows there might not even be a 2021-22 season never mind a shortened one. Get it done now before the injury worsens to the point where it shortens or even ends his career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->