Injury Report: Marchand, Pastrnak, McAvoy Undergo Surgery

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
the timelines i thought for the recovery was retro to mid sept so marchy mid jan and pasta mid feb return

You're absolutely right. I did the math off of reading the article and that's what I got at first - then I got confused reading this thread. I thought I was a month or so off from my original calculation.

It just confirms what I originally thought: If the surgeries are successful, and Marchand and Pasta rebound, it's actually decent timing for the surgery, and they should miss very few games. Honestly, things like this may be part of the reason the NHL isn't shortening the off-season. Or, rather, the NHLPA sticking to their guns and making sure their players have time to recover and have necessary off-season surgerys is the reason they're not going to shorten the off-season and start right away.

The Murph

Feb 25, 2018
Possible blessing in disguise. More opportunity for other Bruins to get more ice time early on, something all players want. This should motivate guys even more to start the year on the right track out of the gate. I like the possibilities.

Reactions: Alan Ryan

aguineapig

I now know why I had an impending sense of doom throughout the summer season of Stanley. Was the same feeling I had years ago arguing with Ma about what a terrible bad idea summer school was. Looking in the rear view with my one good eye it seems my vision was 20/20 on both.

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
Knowing the trouble we are in and we did not land Hall. Even worse, Hall goes to Buffalo instead of Boston.

What the hell is going on here man!

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Knowing the trouble we are in and we did not land Hall. Even worse, Hall goes to Buffalo instead of Boston.

What the hell is going on here man!
Donny should realise he has to sign some UFA and make some deals before the season starts, otherwise we are really behind the 8 ball out of the gate and division rivals have improved as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad